The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

bigdaddybane

Installed Adventure Tech mirror extenders ... the difference is huge, I can see everything right now.

Before

before_zpsfqjokz0s.jpg

After

after_zpskpilve53.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The bike (I wasn't on it, fortunately) was backed into by a woman in a car leaving a parallel parking space and upset the Yam to its right side onto the asphalt. Surprisingly little damage, and all cosmetic--quite fortunately. The woman's insurance is sending forms for the claim. It's nothing I cannot correct with a little time and a new part or three. S**t never ends!

• Global Moderator
The bike (I wasn't on it, fortunately) was backed into by a woman in a car leaving a parallel parking space and upset the Yam to its right side onto the asphalt. Surprisingly little damage, and all cosmetic--quite fortunately. The woman's insurance is sending forms for the claim. It's nothing I cannot correct with a little time and a new part or three. S**t never ends!
Double check the handlebar alignment... the top triple and the stock mounts tend to move

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I think my wife is glad to be gone so she does not have to hear about the motorcycle "all the damn time". :)
Sounds like mine. 

• Premium Member

sorkyah, thanks! I did and took a ride at speed, just to be pretty sure all else is okay.

Guest 2wheeler

I bought the two things today for my bike which are going to make me feel much better...

A tire plug kit with CO2 inflators

http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Go-1001-Pocket-Plugger/dp/B001BBSD9C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1464391016&sr=8-3&keywords=stop+and+go+tire+repair+kit

The perfect air pump to add extra air in case the inflators aren't enough. I did my research, and I think this pump will be great. It looks like a regular bicycle pump but has a flexible hose, gauge, and can act like a floor pump. Gets great reviews too and on serious discount.

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1147597_-1___000000

Two days ago I ordered my Osram Night Racer 110 bulb, so the last of the smart safety things left is to get an Evotech radiator guard.

Dang, it's easy to spend money on this bike!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Two days ago I ordered my Osram Night Racer 110 bulb, so the last of the smart safety things left is to get an Evotech radiator guard.

I've got both of those. They're actually the only non-stock parts on my bike besides frame sliders (until I get the tank pads).
I think the Evotech really cleans up the looks of the bike. As for the Night Racer 110, you should be pretty pleased with that as well!
  • Like 2

vroomvroom
Installed Adventure Tech mirror extenders ... the difference is huge, I can see everything right now. 

Before

before_zpsfqjokz0s.jpg

After

after_zpskpilve53.jpg

How is vibration?

• Global Moderator
ac632b9a5c428132cadcaca717a1db2e.jpg

196276c28f80b9a16738845b448991f0.jpg

Gilles tooling GTO bar
Gilles tooling 2D.GT Bar clamps
Gilles tooling speedo relocator (came with above kit)

still waiting on the gilles rearsets to arrive

all from our wonderous friend @bellissimoto
thnx again dudes
  • Like 4

twowheeladdict

Added Hepco & Becker engine guards today. Now waiting on the clamps so I can mount my Denali D1 LED lights on the bike.

• Like 1

2015 FZ-07

Guest 2wheeler

So I got a chance to play around with my new toy for my FZ - an air pump.

I mentioned this the other day, and this thing is cool. It has a hose with a gauge and well as fold-away handle and floor foot so you can use it like a floor pump. It's 14" long and weighs 7 ounces. Fits into my backpack perfectly. It's made for a bicycle but has an easily convertible fill head to go from a presta valve to a schraeder valve. You make the conversion once, and you don't have to screw with it again.

In combination with my new Stop-and-Go plug kit with CO2 inflators, this air pump will be just fine to top off my repaired tire in the middle of nowhere. Sure beats leaving your bike when you can't get a cell signal, or having to pay the tow/mechanic charges.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I rode it a lot haha. 3 states 4 national forests, and 3 tanks of gas. 80% of the roads were nice and twisty. We finally got the girlfriends z1000 back together now its time to install my matris fork cartridge kit.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
I rode it a lot haha. 3 states 4 national forests, and 3 tanks of gas. 80% of the roads were nice and twisty. We finally got the girlfriends z1000 back together now its time to install my matris fork cartridge kit.
Very cool!  Were did you go?  That sounds like an awesome trip! 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
I mentioned this the other day, and this thing is cool. It has a hose with a gauge and well as fold-away handle and floor foot so you can use it like a floor pump. It's 14" long and weighs 7 ounces. Fits into my backpack perfectly. It's made for a bicycle but has an easily convertible fill head to go from a presta valve to a schraeder valve. You make the conversion once, and you don't have to screw with it again.

In combination with my new Stop-and-Go plug kit with CO2 inflators, this air pump will be just fine to top off my repaired tire in the middle of nowhere. Sure beats leaving your bike when you can't get a cell signal, or having to pay the tow/mechanic charges.

When you say "chance to play around", I hope that doesn't mean you had to use it. ;)  It will be great for an emergency, but I guarantee that your gonna have a sore arm afterwords.  Even for bicycle tires those take forever (I know from experience). For a motorcycle tire I'm thinking you'll need about three sessions of about 15 to 20 minutes each with a rest in between.  But, don't get me wrong...  It's still better than being stranded.  

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
Very cool!  Were did you go?  That sounds like an awesome trip!
From greenville sc we too 178 up to 64 west into highlands sc. Then moonshiners 28 south to Clemson sc and back to greenville. Pisgah NF, Nantahala NF, Francis Marion NF (i think that was the name) and Sumter NF.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I think tomorrow we are going to do the 178 to 215 to the blue ridge parkway to the dimondback loop and back. Depends how long it takes to do the forks. I love living so close to such awesome motorcycle roads.

howlinhoss

Gilles tooling GTO bar

thnx again dudes
Can you take a photo comparing the height of the stock vs Gilles risers.

Guest 2wheeler

When you say "chance to play around", I hope that doesn't mean you had to use it. ;)   It will be great for an emergency, but I guarantee that your gonna have a sore arm afterwords.  Even for bicycle tires those take forever (I know from experience). For a motorcycle tire I'm thinking you'll need about three sessions of about 15 to 20 minutes each with a rest in between.  But, don't get me wrong...  It's still better than being stranded.
No, thank God, I didn't really need the pump. From the reviews I have read, the CO2 inflators will get the tire pressure in the 20s, and my thought was that a bit of elbow grease will make up the difference so the tire is more rideable. I currently use a full-size floor bicycle pump to add the extra pressure to the FZ tires as needed before a ride, so I'm not expecting my carry-along pump to be too big of a headache to add another 10-12 lbs. Starting with a completely flat tire would be a totally different story! 

• Global Moderator

Gilles tooling GTO bar

thnx again dudes
Can you take a photo comparing the height of the stock vs Gilles risers.
I cannot... i have aftermarket clamps and bars on my bike already and they are both bent... hence the newbies

the 2dgt clamps are adjustable in height using spacers provided and can move up to 50mm

twowheeladdict

That hand pump cost more than my electric pump that hooks into my battery tender connection. 

2015 FZ-07

Guest 2wheeler

Hey twowheeladdict, I'm happy for you - I hope it helps you out when/if you ever get in trouble on the road

You never know what a guy like you will encounter in Tennessee

• Like 1

bigdaddybane

Before

How is vibration?
Very little vibration ... superb product. 

• Premium Member

What did I do??

My girlfriend and I drove down from Philly to a West Virginia dealer to pick up my new baby. I rode it to Baltimore to stay the night, then back to Philly the morning after. What a ride! I'm fresh from the MSF course with no experience on any bike ... and of course 15 miles from the dealer I was hit with torrential rain on a twisty back road with heavy traffic... even passed a Harley crash scene!! Took the interstates and tried to keep RPMs under 5000... but you all know what highway speeds look like on the RPM scale. The morning ride through Maryland to Pennsylvania was absolutely beautiful and serene!

All in all, a harrowing and thrilling first ride on my new motorcycle. I got to know the bike a little with 250 miles on the odometer by the time I parked her at home in Philadelphia!

• Like 7

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

• Premium Member
What did I do?? 
My girlfriend and I drove down from Philly to a West Virginia dealer to pick up my new baby. I rode it to Baltimore to stay the night, then back to Philly the morning after. What a ride! I'm fresh from the MSF course with no experience on any bike ... and of course 15 miles from the dealer I was hit with torrential rain on a twisty back road with heavy traffic... even passed a Harley crash scene!! Took the interstates and tried to keep RPMs under 5000... but you all know what highway speeds look like on the RPM scale. The morning ride through Maryland to Pennsylvania was absolutely beautiful and serene!

All in all, a harrowing and thrilling first ride on my new motorcycle. I got to know the bike a little with 250 miles on the odometer by the time I parked her at home in Philadelphia!
Great story, and congrats on the purchase, and happy to here you did the MSF coarse.  Glad you made it back safe, that rain can be challenging.  Welcome to the club! 
  • Like 1