The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Guest ChicagoAJ

You don't look very tucked, could probably get away with ~10-15kph more if you got your chin on the speedo.

ROFL!!!... that's a good one @caliesv but actually it was just a plain straight  (rofl) ...  
@chicagoaj
Dark-Y has a Yoshi R77 Carbon + PCV + DNA filter & lid + Annitori QS Pro. Wind shield also helps a LOT at high speed! (I have the Givi smoke)... Still have a few mods in mind to see if we can get more out of it... keeping you all posted! 

- Pancho
Figured you'd have a few things on there. I'd be happy to get over 120 stock, might give it a shot some night after work.  
@nexus - is that one of those $35 fork balancers from China on eBay? I was looking at blue but none of my aftermarket parts in blue come close to matching the Yamaha blurple. I bet the clip-ons are doing 99% of that more stable feeling, but I'm definitely interested in the balancer even just for aesthetics. 
yeah it is the ebay one and yeah color matching is never gonna be great with aftermarket stuff unless you paint/powder coat it yourself. As far as stability goes I rode the bike with the clip-ons awhile before i got the fork balancer and yes the clip-ons made a massive difference but the balancer actually made a difference for me as well the front is stiffer and more stable with both shock tubes moving as one. I would recommend it to anyone. 

Actually, I'll upload the footage just for that pull since the full video I posted on youtube is blocked in the US due music I used. Link to it soon! 
- Pancho
So, as I promised here you have the footage of that run. Hope you all enjoy it! 

- Pancho
Photo shopped. Ha! Jk lol nice.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Figured you'd have a few things on there. I'd be happy to get over 120 stock, might give it a shot some night after work.  
@nexus - is that one of those $35 fork balancers from China on eBay? I was looking at blue but none of my aftermarket parts in blue come close to matching the Yamaha blurple. I bet the clip-ons are doing 99% of that more stable feeling, but I'm definitely interested in the balancer even just for aesthetics. 
yeah it is the ebay one and yeah color matching is never gonna be great with aftermarket stuff unless you paint/powder coat it yourself. As far as stability goes I rode the bike with the clip-ons awhile before i got the fork balancer and yes the clip-ons made a massive difference but the balancer actually made a difference for me as well the front is stiffer and more stable with both shock tubes moving as one. I would recommend it to anyone.
I saw on the eBay listing you have to remove the fork tube dust covers and put this on it. Do you think it'll let in debris from the road? For 40 bucks, as I've said, I'm really tempted - but not if it's going to cause issues. 

Thanks caliesv, also, if I wanted my bike in your color scheme, how do I go about doing that?
You can buy the plastics for like $400ish if I remember right. As far as the color of the frame and rims... Sorry, lol might have to buy a bike with that color frame and rims. ☺ what color bike you got?
  • Like 1

I saw on the eBay listing you have to remove the fork tube dust covers and put this on it. Do you think it'll let in debris from the road? For 40 bucks, as I've said, I'm really tempted - but not if it's going to cause issues. 
not really looks fine to me and my dust covers never seemed like they did any dust protection they were just kinda hanging out lol. If I really wanted to I could fab up new metal dust covers to mount with the stabalizer just don't really think it's needed. 

Guest ChicagoAJ
not really looks fine to me and my dust covers never seemed like they did any dust protection they were just kinda hanging out lol. If I really wanted to I could fab up new metal dust covers to mount with the stabalizer just don't really think it's needed.
Cool, thanks for the info. Might pick one up soon. 

Cool, thanks for the info. Might pick one up soon. 
no prob 

High sided a little while ago in the twisties from going to fast and panic braking. Bent the bars and busted the black side scoop panel. Threw some renthals in on it along with a new panel and while it was apart I added some bar end mirrors, fender eliminator, tst flush front signals, led strip signals on the pillion peg brackets, and a tst signal relay.

Finally was able to take it out after work today for a quick spin. Out on a mountain road, I come to a huge tree blocking the road completely. It's a 40 minute detour to turn around and its getting late. I start contemplating on waiting for the state to come remove it or turn around when I realize there a small section of tree that's about 4 foot of the ground. I break some branches and push my bike barely under it. I then get a couple jealous comments from other drivers and leave. The bar end mirrors paid for themselves, wouldn't of done it with the stock!

The bike is purely for recreation, and I thought it had no advantages over a cage other than putting a smile on my face. Never thought driving under obstacles would be one!

• Like 4

• Global Moderator
5ec7013d2ef063de31a0c53ff06ad152.jpg

took a few parts off my bike to start initial repairs

• Like 5

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Guest ChicagoAJ
5ec7013d2ef063de31a0c53ff06ad152.jpg 

255d52e6043dfeb3c1840ba3dd651756.jpg
took a few parts off my bike to start initial repairs

I'm like 99.918% sure you can just buff that out, it'll be good as new!

Seriously, good luck with repairs.
  • Like 3

Caliesv, 
No color yet, Baha! Just planning ahead.
Ohhhh! A blank canvas! I like! In all honesty, after getting my bike, and seeing other bikes in here, I would have been torn between my color and the white one. If you search fz07 decals, there are some pretty nice decal packs for these bikes. Would looked really good on white.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
panchobullet
You don't look very tucked, could probably get away with ~10-15kph more if you got your chin on the speedo.
Yeah, I still need to improve a lot with my body position (overall) so I hope to have some higher top speed in the next pull. Actually considering a riding course to learn the right way for one. 
- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

Yeah Caliesv,

I'm debating on 3 or 4 different styles. I need to know how to get one of these two looks if not the armor grey. Not sure which would look better out of the 3

http://www.fz07oc.com/data/photos/l/0/11-1412010113-b1742994814f8e7a6016ea82aec7abe7.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f6/27/6b/f6276bf452db005f3c5ca5e0ac1ec976.jpg

If these links work, which one would you guys favor?

Yeah Caliesv,  

I'm debating on 3 or 4 different styles. I need to know how to get one of these two looks if not the armor grey. Not sure which would look better out of the 3

http://www.fz07oc.com/data/photos/l/0/11-1412010113-b1742994814f8e7a6016ea82aec7abe7.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f6/27/6b/f6276bf452db005f3c5ca5e0ac1ec976.jpg

If these links work, which one would you guys favor?
Check this site out:

http://japan.webike.net/products/22052985.html

Guest ChicagoAJ

@fz074life - the first one with more red. That's got a cool looking crash cage on it it would appear.

• Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ

Colored rims are hard to keep clean. I clean my rims like once a week and the first time I brake they're all dusty again. If I did it all over, I would've got the Raven when I had the chance. My first two CBRs were black on black on black so I wanted to change it up. If they had the armor gray when I was buying I would've gotten it though and would be right back here complaining about how hard the rims are to keep clean... Hah

• Like 2

Cleaning isn't an issue for me. I would find it relaxing, and it would make me feel responsible for taking care of my bike. Haha!

That, and it's not dusty or dirty or anything in East Tennessee. If I was still living in New York, I would definitely take that into consideration, but I'm not lazy and don't care to clean my bike, even if it's once a day!

But I see where your coming from.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
[/img]Finally got to a point where I could snap a few pictures.  Far from done, but at a stand still while I look for some more parts.
I had the bike most of last summer, and put the full yoshi R77 on right away as I needed the growl.  Other than that just used the first year to get used to her.  Now I am starting to play.

Mods so far:
-Aforementioned R77 exhaust (BRAAAAP...)
-Yoshi fender eliminator
-led rear signals
-Flush mount r6 led front signals 
-Drag bars (first I put on renthal lows, but preferred the riding position of drag...will likely swap renthals in for any longer trips.)
-Bar end mirrors and weights
-Painted the silver plates on both sides and passenger pegs black- this was such a small step and so easy, but IMO makes a HUGE difference.
-Took off all the panels and Plasti-dipped them.  For first try it cam out pretty good!  I am not sure how I fee about the color, gonna see if it grows on me.  Nice thing is, If I don't like the Navy I will just peel it off and start again.  Thinking next I will try an army green or just black it out.

Mods in the near future:
-Radiator cover
-Black header wrap
-I will probably re-color at least 3-4 times!
-Headlight.signal upgrade- hoping to get the JvB ones from Germany, having some difficulty so far
-Fork Gators (also looking at JvB)

Open to any suggestions, tell me what you think!

• Like 4

-JT

• Premium Member
@jtg - that navy looks awesome. What bar end weights/mirror adapters are those?
Thanks!  CRG blindsight end mirrors, and Bike Master Ant-vibration bar ends
  • Like 1

-JT

Guest ChicagoAJ
@jtg - that navy looks awesome. What bar end weights/mirror adapters are those?
Thanks!  CRG blindsight end mirrors, and Bike Master Ant-vibration bar ends
http://www.motosport.com/product?psreferrer=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%252F&pssource=true&segment=badger-street&key=BikeMaster-Bar-End-Mirror-Adapter&cc=us&adpos=1o1&creative=93575774545&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=BM-BEMA-008BLAK&gclid=CP7D6aOwns0CFZM6gQodCPYGGA 
These? Can't believe they're that cheap!