The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
@sorkyah Oh man that's disheartening to hear! That def looks like a lot of work just to replace this part! I'm gonna let the shop guys handle it when I go in on Monday to get my clip ons. If I had only known how much of a b*tch it was gonna be to just remove these sliders, I'd never have put them on lol
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a frame slider come off too easily after a crash...

:)

- Paulie
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I rode it! I couldn't wait for the my scheduled maintenance appointment anymore. Dealership has me waiting until next week... Might be a 24K maintenance instead of a 20K by then.

On another note, I'll be riding it for the next 2 weeks since the scrambler is getting a couple things painted.

There's nothing better than getting back on the bike after a bit and feeling so much love for it. I love this thing. It always feels so good to ride it.

• Like 3

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Managed to get one of my woodcraft frame sliders off to put on my right side motocage. Butttt like all DIY projects something had to go wrong. Stripped the other bolt that secures the puck to the frame slider base. So now I can't remove the puck to remove the engine mount bolt inside. Ughhh! I'll have to take it to my local dealership guys on Monday to help strip that bolt out. I'll finish the left side motocage then too. But I'll also have my woodcraft clips on installed and crash covers so yay for that!
Show off the cage!
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator
@sorkyah Oh man that's disheartening to hear! That def looks like a lot of work just to replace this part! I'm gonna let the shop guys handle it when I go in on Monday to get my clip ons. If I had only known how much of a b*tch it was gonna be to just remove these sliders, I'd never have put them on lol
Me either... i went with the plastic pucks the second time around....

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Once I get this damn puck off I'll have the motocage installed as my frame protectors @sorkyah

• Like 1

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Managed to get one of my woodcraft frame sliders off to put on my right side motocage. Butttt like all DIY projects something had to go wrong. Stripped the other bolt that secures the puck to the frame slider base. So now I can't remove the puck to remove the engine mount bolt inside. Ughhh! I'll have to take it to my local dealership guys on Monday to help strip that bolt out. I'll finish the left side motocage then too. But I'll also have my woodcraft clips on installed and crash covers so yay for that!
Show off the cage!
While I'm stuck here at work, quick snapchat of the cage on the right side of my ride.

52bb0b8f6297ce49015c335d32e0bd33.jpg
  • Like 1

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Just put on these stupid fkn mirror plugs from corsair industries ($25) (Ducati mirror plugs)
Great quality.... But still pissed that I had to spend that much for a finished look on this stupid thing lol

ac03c66e96aa571ed3a9997ce04cbaeb.jpg

f428e937b179c6ab2c25baf74d61041e.jpg

033cba725d830efddb3eb510be6eb77c.jpg

• Like 2

bellissimoto
Just put on these stupid fkn mirror plugs from corsair industries ($25) (Ducati mirror plugs) Great quality.... But still pissed that I had to spend that much for a finished look on this stupid thing lol

Yeah, but those look really, really, good!

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
  • Like 2

Guest ChicagoAJ

Got stomach surgery yesterday but that didn't stop me from putting on my sprocket cover from China and my Akra Carbon today. Feeling like crap but the exhaust note was worth it completely.

t06xig.jpg33msyvm.jpg

• Like 6

Stomach surgery?! You ok? 

How you liking that Akra pipe? Purdy sweet, huh?! Your bike's looking real good.

Beemer

Just put on these stupid fkn mirror plugs from corsair industries ($25) (Ducati mirror plugs) Great quality.... But still pissed that I had to spend that much for a finished look on this stupid thing lol

Yeah, but those look really, really, good! 

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
Thanks ☺

Got stomach surgery yesterday but that didn't stop me from putting on my sprocket cover from China and my Akra Carbon today. Feeling like crap but the exhaust note was worth it completely.  
t06xig.jpg33msyvm.jpg

Holy shit, hope you are bouncing back alright. Dude, your ride looks sweet as hell. The cover looks better than I thought it would on the bike.

I'm diggen it. That was $400 right?
Cost 314.86 from a website in Germany that carries basically every euro part available for the MT07. Looks totally worth the price when u stare at the bike. I love how it ties up the mid section of our ride!
  • Like 2

Guest ChicagoAJ
Stomach surgery?! You ok?  
How you liking that Akra pipe? Purdy sweet, huh?! Your bike's looking real good.
Yea I'm alright, got a condition called EOE so I have to go through minor surgery every 2-3 years.  
And the Akra is great, really wishing I would've bought new header gaskets, I can't tell if there's a tiny leak or the exhaust is a little raspy (getting the headers on was easily the most frustrating part of the job). I suppose after a few hundred miles I'll be able to tell if there's any soot built up around the header bolts, only have about 1900 miles on the bike so I would think the gaskets were ok. 

@logiks - Yea the cover was better than I thought it would be too. Only thing the pictures don't show you in the photos of them installed are how you have to route all the overflow tubes behind the cover and one outside of it. So through the glass you can see some of the tubes tucked behind. I still like it a lot more than stock, though. Worth the $20 for the mod. 
  • Like 1

johnydecali
33msyvm.jpg

Thanks for posting a pic of the Akra on a Matte Silver. I got the same bike and been debating on the carbon or tit. I'm loving that carbon look and wrap the pipes in black. 

How is the Scrambler?   Have some Pics?

I rode it! I couldn't wait for the my scheduled maintenance appointment anymore. Dealership has me waiting until next week... Might be a 24K maintenance instead of a 20K by then.  
On another note, I'll be riding it for the next 2 weeks since the scrambler is getting a couple things painted.

There's nothing better than getting back on the bike after a bit and feeling so much love for it. I love this thing. It always feels so good to ride it.

Guest 2wheeler
Thanks for posting a pic of the Akra on a Matte Silver. I got the same bike and been debating on the carbon or tit. I'm loving that carbon look and wrap the pipes in black. 
Thanks X2! 
I have the same bike too (great minds think alike!), and I'm deciding between the Akra Carbon or the Yoshi. Now with Nels giving that 4th of July discount, things are going to be moving forward a bit quicker, so decision time....

The Akra Carbon really looks good on that bike!

Guest 2wheeler

So I went full synthetic today. I started out changing my oil at 650 miles to Yamalube mineral oil, then went to Castrol Aetevo semi-synthetic at 1500 miles. Today I switched to Motul 7100 at 3000 miles.

Just got back from a little 25 miler, and I'm not sure what to think. It definitely runs a bit differently. The engine appears to run a bit smoother, but not necessarily quieter. The engine sound is different and hard to describe. It shifts a bit smoother, but I don't know about you folks, but the shifts between 1-4 are a very solid sounding shift, and that didn't change much with the Motul. When I say solid sounding, I mean that it is a positive shift with a very distinct click sound going into the next gear, and that is both on the upshift and downshift in the first 4 gears. It's typically sounds like that more in the lower rpm range, not so much when it is higher revs or higher gears. I don't know if that is normal as I have never ridden another FZ-07. I know I have had street bikes in the past that had a quieter and smoother feel to the shift. On the other hand, I use to race a 70's vintage CZ 250 motocross bike where you needed to give it a soccer kick to shift it.

The FZ still accelerates great!!!

Any thoughts?

• Premium Member
I'm diggen it. That was $400 right?
Cost 314.86 from a website in Germany that carries basically every euro part available for the MT07. Looks totally worth the price when u stare at the bike. I love how it ties up the mid section of our ride!
Offer up a link please.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Gladly @mrpuss! Www.kfm-motorraeder.de

• Like 1

johnydecali
I have the same bike too (great minds think alike!)
:D 

Hello my fellow FZ07/MT07 owners!

This is my first post here and today I cleaned my baby up real good after todays ride !

Earlier mods:
Flush mount LED turn signals in the front.
Mini LED turn signals in the back.
LED Flasher relay.
Yoshimura exhaust.
Radiator guard from china. Painted it black.
Grey passenger footpegs.
Fork protectors.
Bar end mirror.
Billet chain adjusters.
Shorty licence plate holder.
Fly Screen.
Some stickers for theft protection. I park her in the streets.
Shorty clutch lever from china. Got a brake leaver laying around but I´ve heard some horror stories about them locking up the front brake over time. Can someone please ease my mind so I can mount it on the bike??
Rubber spray on side covers and heel plates. Wearing off on the heel plates.. Going to have to repaint.

gsA1Xqe.jpg

xanNwRj.jpg

GPRKdli.jpg
Go7hrtH.jpg
RpvWiO0.jpg
LQjOsvz.jpg
ahJhLx6.jpg
GvmJOrt.jpg
XxTsvv8.jpg
expA21k.jpg

• Like 3