The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

I played Enne
Meene
Mini
Moto
Which
Should
I
Ride
and
You
Are
It

R1 won  :) left the FZ at home, the DRZ was saying well at least he rides you

This is not surprising. Yoy arent, afterall, fzlimited, nor drzlimited.
  • Like 1

Took her to my local dealer to install full Öhlins (NIX22+STX46) suspension :) Sad that it will rain the whole weekend so have to wait with it a bit...

• Like 1

Took her to my local dealer to install full Öhlins (NIX22+STX46) suspension :) Sad that it will rain the whole weekend so have to wait with it a bit...
Please tell us how you get on with these.

Just do it! 

Rode together with my two sons.

What used to be a barn
20170630_194106_zpsfktlllw0.jpg

Old abandoned fuel pump and modern motorcycle
20170630_195407_zpsezg2t29o.jpg

Whole family busy taking pictures
20170630_195459_zpsomongikm.jpg

Three generations
20170630_200111_zpsto9unbrm.jpg

New buildings being put up with the most spectacular view
20170630_205236_zpshmin3qot.jpg

• Like 5

slangklamman

adjusted the chain slack! bike has 100 km (60 miles) on the odo yet the chain was totally out of the spec by 2 cm ( almost an inch )

• Global Moderator
adjusted the chain slack! bike has 100 km (60 miles) on the odo yet the chain was totally out of the spec by 2 cm ( almost an inch )

Do not worry, that is pretty typical with this bike. I adjusted my chain at 200 miles and have not had to adjust it again in the last 11,000 miles

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Took my bike to a suspension shop and had it lowered 50mm. This was done with a new shock and fork springs and oil. Also different kick stand. Going to ride it today.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
Took my bike to a suspension shop and had it lowered 50mm. This was done with a new shock and fork springs and oil. Also different kick stand. Going to ride it today.
That's a lot of lowering. What prompted it?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Basically confidence issues. The preload is set at the lowest right now so after I get out there to ride it we have the ability to adjust up a bit.

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Painted my frame covers and heel guards! Also added more padding to my seat. 
IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

• Like 4

2015 FZ-07

Made bars to keep saddlebags from hitting wheels, and to support tail bag. That Yamaha tail trunk and rack has a ridiculously low weight limit. Basically, it can hold an empty 50L trunk.

rack_supports.jpgview?usp=sharing

• Like 4

Removed the tank decals from my armor gray tank, cleaned/lubed chain and cleaned bike.

• Like 2

Went over 21,000 miles on the ride into work this am. Time for another oil/filter change, and creeping on the 27,000 valve adjustment.

• Like 3

Installed brake resivor relocation bracket. Nothing special done in 10mins.  I see the benefit besides just looks.
IMG_1158.jpg

• Like 1

2015 FZ-07

Oxford mini from revzilla. Pretty cheap at only $20/pair, but are really bright! Install was easy but you need to get the adapter plate that fill the holes left from the factory lights. Amazon sells them for $10.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
Installed rear handles to mount more gear, and a Seat Concepts seat. Graring up for a 2500 mile ride starting this weekend.71288ab208293b96ccfb376fe5911fb4.jpgfe5d301b1aa4db69fd58e5a7a5c56a69.jpg
is someone trying to copy me? and here i was hooping to be the only green FZ :(
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

chademinent
Installed rear handles to mount more gear, and a Seat Concepts seat. Graring up for a 2500 mile ride starting this weekend.71288ab208293b96ccfb376fe5911fb4.jpgfe5d301b1aa4db69fd58e5a7a5c56a69.jpg
is someone trying to copy me? and here i was hooping to be the only green FZ :(
Lucky for you its not green. It has a colorshifting pearl with just a hint of green.

johnydecali
here is a more frontal view of my bike 
18512366_239615273185826_3521764618831659008_n.jpg

Got a link for those cool lights, Johny? I'm curious, what are the laws where you're at for using fog lamps? Can you use them any time or does it have to be foggy or raining when you use them? The reason I ask is an X supervisor of mine in Tehas got a ticket for using his when it was clear out.

Sorry for the slow reply.. here's the link for the lights: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9HHPK5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HCNxzbHY57A0S

I'm not to familiar with local laws on the lights but where I live there's fog 24/7, almost 365 days of the year. Plus I lane split, these lights should make me stick out a bit more.

• Like 1

I replaced my dented gas tank with a nice clean used one. Original owner did something to it! 
IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

2015 FZ-07

disappointingtexan

I threw on a Puig touring windscreen after driving to Houston and back to Austin this weekend without anything but my white knuckles. Sweet baby Jesus I feel like a new man. Or rather, like a majestic Eagle soaring through the southern sky. Or other similes involving butter and hot knives. 11/10, would bolt on again. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

0707170722b.jpg

upload my pictures

Got the S21's mounted and installed.  First time removing the rear wheel, so learned a little more about the bike.

• Like 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York