The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Created a tire patch kit organizer for under the rear seat. Also a "Dash" cam with dedicated power. It's a cheap action camera so I don't think anyone will try to steal it.  :P

21427445_10155498423336955_8674035872606920704_o.jpg?oh=f95f990683619380afde96941b589c4d&oe=5A53AA00

21458214_10155498423331955_8700804406966408438_o.jpg?oh=3a6eef77381944df45ec07fdbda0a2f3&oe=5A13B7B2

• Like 2

• Premium Member
How long? 
Tomorrow, I'm riding 75 miles to visit some friends.  And that's the farthest I have ridden at one time.  LOL
Nice! Grand total distance will be around 170 miles. We have breakfast and lunch along the way and then head home before the sun gets too hot.
"Sun gets too hot",  I wish I had that problem today.  lol  When I left at 8:00 am this morning it was 48 degrees.  Drove 75 miles.  Left to go back home at 5:30 and it was 58 degrees.  While cold, it was still a nice ride.  Rode on new roads with new scenery.  Only got lost for a short while.  lol
  • Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I traded my KTM supermoto for a 2015 FZ-07 with only 500 miles a couple weeks ago. It's all stock except some nice GIVI bags that came with it. It's almost at 1k miles right now and I'm starting to get a list of things together to upgrade it. I will mainly be using it to commute to work and my dreaded 50 minute ride up to college.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Does moving Dr. Beef Sharmachan to his very own (sans car) brand new parking stall count? I don't know who's happier, me or him. New spiffy forum, new parking stall, new Dainese jacket, new ultra swanky condo, new futuristic litter box, uber cool wife, no kids. What else is there? Gonna go buy a lotto ticket @ 55million.  Life is good.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator

I went for a ride in the mountains.  Okay, it was not today but the forum was down for the big upgrade so I was not able to post. 

IMG_0622.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phanomenal07 said:

How does it feel on dirt? 

Most was on paved roads just one section was a MTB track. As for off-road performance....not the best if im honest but then again thats not what its designed for. Its a bit too heavy and the snatchy throttle makes it feel a bit unpredictable. Keep in mind i dont ride on dirt so someone with some off-road experience might completely disagree. Just thought it would've been a cool pic really 😊

Edited by dmoney

On 11/09/2017 at 6:36 PM, Mr.Puss said:

Does moving Dr. Beef Sharmachan to his very own (sans car) brand new parking stall count? I don't know who's happier, me or him. New spiffy forum, new parking stall, new Dainese jacket, new ultra swanky condo, new futuristic litter box, uber cool wife, no kids. What else is there? Gonna go buy a lotto ticket @ 55million.  Life is good.

I don't care if it counts or not, that's like an awesome bedtime story where everything is good in the world now. ^-^

• Thanks 1

Changed the oil and filter due to that K&N recall, unfortunately only got about 500 miles out of that oil. Too bad, would rather not have a filter known to catastrophically fail.

Also got the bike a half cover so it'll stay cool and dry, while being easy to remove as I ride it just about every other day during school. It even fits under the rear seat!

rsz_20170917_174410.thumb.jpg.48b544b0dcf641cdade945bdb95caf51.jpg

They are considered pests on farms and are hunted pretty regularly. The meat has a distinct flavour and is very low in fat. Much lower than beef and pork. Who says this place is all aboit bikes 😄

• Premium Member
On 9/9/2017 at 5:00 AM, msesma said:

Cover the original exhaust exit with carbon vinil. I'm working on a English post about it but in the meantime this is a Spannish one: http://yamahamt.foroactivo.com/t523-brico-escape-de-carbono-por-unos-pocos-eur

looks good - how is this dealing with the exhausts heat? Do you have any experience from other bikes? I mean does it stay on longer than 3 months?

Love to ride!

33 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

looks good - how is this dealing with the exhausts heat? Do you have any experience from other bikes? I mean does it stay on longer than 3 months?

That part of the exaust is only decorative. In fact you can touch it after a ride without hurting yourseld.

3M carbon vinil is garanteed until 100ºC, so there should be no problems. I tried with a small piece of vinil during an hot august 1.00Km trip and it remained there.

So, I'm pretty sure it will work.

The front brakes were feeling a little squishy, so I bled the fluid. Feels a lot better now. Fluid in the back looked pretty dark so I'll have to flush it.

Then on the way home (in the dark) I proceeded to run over a dead raccoon that I couldn't see and scared myself pretty bad. Between that and barely being able to see deer by the side of the road without the high beam, I've decided that I'm upgrading to the Cyclops LED Headlight ASAP. Probably gonna get the 7000 lumen because it's in stock now.

Installed Vagabond fender eliminator and reusing OEM turn signals and license plate light - looks great and was $70 shipped.

Installed eBay China rear spools - $25 shipped.  Very nice and perfect fit.