The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

How about added a Carbon R-77 Yoshimura Pipe!!! Love the sound... Video is with the baffle in!  Super loud without it! 

It sure sounds good. Are you still running the stock ecu settings or has it been tuned? 

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

finished the traxxion damper kit
remember forks must separate so have a seal driver
and need a fast impact to get the bottom bolt out
other then that piece of cake
now if it hadn't snowed the last 2 days I could go try it
but pushing down on the fork seems smoother
who knows till I drive it, that will be awhile, lets hope for some warm December days to try it out

• Like 1

• Premium Member
I went with this one: http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3600-Lumen-H4-H6M-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html 
I'm still in the process of adjusting the beam but as far as installation, its plug and play minus cutting the rubber boot a little.

I was looking at those but was worried about clearance to the head tube of the frame, no problem there I assume. How is the brightness?
Thanks
These are the same size if not smaller than a normal H4. This bulb seems to want to run on Hi all the time, which is fine with me. The bulb loaded in the headlight seems to be offset a little but for me this is not a big deal. I have yet to drive around at night, been busy. However, they're bright and they're not yellow. I can see them light up signs from a distance in normal daylight. Keep in mind these are meant for off-road applications. Overall, I'm happy with them. I would recommend any LED upgrade even if its some $30-$40 off ebay as they will be WAY better than any H4 incandescent.  

10788020_412810222200894_1321527414_n.jpg

My Yamaha FZ 39L Top Case arrived from Canada last week... It cost much more than I thought it would because of the duty fees while crossing the boarder, which I guess I should have known about, but wish the sales guys at Snow City mentioned it before ordering.

All converted from CDN to USD, it cost about 248.9 (39L top case + Single key optional lock) + $65 UPS shipping + $74 Duty fees.

It took a way longer than I thought to cross the border, and considering the extra fees, I probably would have ordered from the UK or Germany - I think I could have actually saved a few bucks that way.

HOWEVER: I am very happy with the top box. It's solid and well built, not like my previous $80 top box. It mounts directly onto the Yamaha FZ luggage rack and with a lift of the handle it's off.

Having the single key lock is also nice since I don't have to keep another key with me.

Also, Plastidip update: 4 coats with no other protection and some bits are starting to rub off by where my leg hugs the tank. I'll probably play around with a few more colors and try some protection coats. Not sure if I'll go with a more permanent paint or get some graphite panels down the road.

Guest August BB

Yeah, the only scratched up part of my bike is where my leg hugs the tank. Guessing with protection coats, it will prevent getting rubbed off a bit longer but will still rub off down the road.

Was going to toy around with an aluminum-metallic plastidipped tank but looking at those scuffs and scratches made me think paint or nothing.

Nice pic by the way.

• Global Moderator
... It cost much more than I thought it would because of the duty fees while crossing the boarder, which I guess I should have known about...

Now you know how frustrating it can be when us Canadians order something in the US (which is about 20 minutes from where I live).

I have had orders that doubled in price by the time it got here and took weeks to reach its destination. In contrast, I have had stuff shipped from Europe that arrived untouched, duty free and within a week.
There is definitely something wrong and people are being scammed on both sides. So much for NAFTA.

A lot of us avoid this by opening up a PO box in the US and simply pick it up ourselves. We still have to pay tax when crossing the border (that is if you tell them you have bought something). Or just drive to a store and mount whatever you buy on the spot and don't worry about it. Like tires or the top box you purchased.

... It cost much more than I thought it would because of the duty fees while crossing the boarder, which I guess I should have known about...
Now you know how frustrating it can be when us Canadians order something in the US (which is about 20 minutes from where I live). 
I have had orders that doubled in price by the time it got here and took weeks to reach its destination. In contrast, I have had stuff shipped from Europe that

Well now you say so! I will definitely be ordering parts from Europe next time! I actually called Snow City when I found out about the duty fees and mentioned it would have been cheaper if I ordered it from Europe... they mentioned I would have still paid duty fees, but I had figured I wouldn't if it came from Europe.

• Global Moderator

It is difficult to avoid tax and duty when ordering in a different country. Items from Europe and Japan get taxed but I noticed that iI don't always have to pay duties and custom fees. On the other had, I have received items that arrived tax free. Just sign and pick up.

I also noticed that smaller and cheaper items tend to fly under the radar depending on who actually ships. If I order something in the US and UPS or Fedex ships it, I will definitely get charged for all sorts of fees and customs BS. If it ships via USPS, it usually arrives duty free unless it's worth more then $200 or something. Then I pay 13% HST (tax) but no custom fees. Hit and miss really.

I am sure a big package like your top box would get hit with duty and tax because it sticks out too much and is relatively expensive.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I replaced my old incondecent bulb with a super bright H4 incandescent bulb, changed out my bent handlebars, licensence plate light with a LED, front headlight marker light with LED, put newly plasti dipped plastics (wrong color) back on the bike and went for a night ride.    The headlight is perfectly bright enough and I don't have to worry about cutting anything out or melting plastics.  The color was miscommunication so the guy will re-dip for free. Kind of good in the sense that I can beat the paint a little to see how tough it will be before I get the better deal. Thanks for the heads up on wear on leg rub at tank. Was just thinking about tank pads like my old triumph had.....or paint for real. But for $100.00 per plasti dip, I can change the color twice a year.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0487_zps3d144935.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0488_zpsfbfaa764.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0489_zpsd170a3ad.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0490_zpsd5bb924e.jpg

• Like 2

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member

Well, just went to Harbor Freight to get some portable shop lighting for my garage. It's pitch black when I get home from work and my lighting in the garage is crap. I got the last bits I need to finally finish the bike (besides the paint/graphic scheme) and I'd like to finally get this thing done...

Sooner than later I hope

:)

- Paulie

• Global Moderator

/\\ What he says. The more I look at the color, the more I like it. Keep it that way and have them give you a i.o.u.. for a future respray once this wears off.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
/\\ What he says. The more I look at the color, the more I like it. Keep it that way and have them give you a i.o.u.. for a future respray once this wears off.
Yea, not a bad idea, he said he'll also give you guys a good deal if you're from the forum.  It was pretty easy, I just removed the pieces that I wanted painted, shipped them out and he shipped them back wrapped in bubble wrap with paper separating the parts.  The guy does this on lamborghinis, porches and other super cars in Beverly Hills all the time, so you know it's good work. 
Here is his gallery of some of the cars/trucks & bikes he has done:  http://www.therubbercoat.com/#!gallery/cquc

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Here is his gallery of some of the cars/trucks & bikes he has done:  http://www.therubbercoat.com/#!gallery/cquc
Awesome. Thanks! Bookmarked it on Yelp. Maybe I'll do it in the future if I ever find the need. 
He also does real painting as well.  Or he can just add a clear coat on the plasti dip to make it more permanent.

Guest August BB

My freaking dealer still hasn't received the part yet. Perhaps I can go to the next closest one which is about 20 highway miles away but my fingers freeze up after only 5 rural miles in this weather. I can either buy 100 dollar cold weather gloves or wait on my dealer.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I'd buy the gloves....get more use out of them and the bike later.

My freaking dealer still hasn't received the part yet. Perhaps I can go to the next closest one which is about 20 highway miles away but my fingers freeze up after only 5 rural miles in this weather. I can either buy 100 dollar cold weather gloves or wait on my dealer.

My dealer never said anything bout the recall.. I called the closet dealership to me and they didnt have the part either.. They ordered it and it came 2 days later and i got it installed same day

I replaced my old incondecent bulb with a super bright H4 incandescent bulb, changed out my bent handlebars, licensence plate light with a LED, front headlight marker light with LED, put newly plasti dipped plastics (wrong color) back on the bike and went for a night ride.    The headlight is perfectly bright enough and I don't have to worry about cutting anything out or melting plastics.  The color was miscommunication so the guy will re-dip for free. Kind of good in the sense that I can beat the paint a little to see how tough it will be before I get the better deal. Thanks for the heads up on wear on leg rub at tank. Was just thinking about tank pads like my old triumph had.....or paint for real. But for $100.00 per plasti dip, I can change the color twice a year. 
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0487_zps3d144935.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0488_zpsfbfaa764.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0489_zpsd170a3ad.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0490_zpsd5bb924e.jpg

This color is way awesome you should hang on to it for awhile. 

Follow me on Instagram. http://instagram.com/trebec

That is a funky color. I don't think I would want it forever, but it is pretty cool since it is temporary. And I like how it matches the color on the bike already.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
bigwavesurfer

I pulled that little rubber snorkel off the air cleaner. Amazed at how much better it runs and sounds. Took two seconds. Pops right off .

I pulled that little rubber snorkel off the air cleaner. Amazed at how much better it runs and sounds. Took two seconds. Pops right off . 

I thought any mods to air box requires a fuel management upgrade?

Yep, Yamaha engineers were just looking to give us something to take off the bike when they added that item.  It has nothing to do with airflow thru the engine. 

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png