The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

8 hours ago, Qays said:

That's cool, I had to mount them underneath the handlebars as the clutch lever gets in the way of left mirror visibility. I ordered some shorty levers so I guess its a temporary solution till those arrive 😀

Hmm - I have the same set-up with some Gilles levers and neither mirror gets in the way of the lever. It looks like you have your mirrors pivoted inwards. You can actually take the arm the mirror is attached to and pivot that outwards (towards the left on the clutch side and towards the right on the brake side). They're tight, but the arm definitely does pivot.

38 minutes ago, 7fold said:

Hmm - I have the same set-up with some Gilles levers and neither mirror gets in the way of the lever. It looks like you have your mirrors pivoted inwards. You can actually take the arm the mirror is attached to and pivot that outwards (towards the left on the clutch side and towards the right on the brake side). They're tight, but the arm definitely does pivot.

I did pivot them the other way when flipping them upside down, it's not ideal but it will have to do till my shorty levers come in, then I will switch them back up.

Clutch Lever.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Qays said:

I did pivot them the other way when flipping them upside down, it's not ideal but it will have to do till my shorty levers come in, then I will switch them back up.

Clutch Lever.jpg

Ah - I see now; the Gilles levers, even though full length, don't have those bulbous ends like the stockers do. I completely forgot about that haha. 

Either way, the CRG arrows are like a million times better than the stock mirrors. Even though they're smaller, the visibility out of them is much more because of the convex glass they use. 

• Like 2

tofuproductions

Just bought it ('20 Ice Fluo) last monday, got it delivered last friday. 

I've been installing parts since then since it's still chilly out here. 

Once riding season "starts" (aka, meaning the majority of my parts are installed), I will be more than anxious to ride it out and enjoy.
Sadly, no photo of the bike yet..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tofuproductions said:

Just bought it ('20 Ice Fluo) last monday, got it delivered last friday. 

I've been installing parts since then since it's still chilly out here.

What parts are you installing on a brand new MT-07?  I got one last October and it has all the parts it needs.   :)

tofuproductions
1 minute ago, Triple Jim said:

What parts are you installing on a brand new MT-07?  I got one last October and it has all the parts it needs.   :)

Nothing major, just the fender eliminator, some bar ends/mirrors, frame sliders, radiator guard, shorty levers, flush mount turn signals, and popped in the led bulb the housing (may go that projector route later but honestly I am not too concerned with it). 

Other little various tidbits but nothing crazy, just want to ride once it warms up a tad.

1 hour ago, Triple Jim said:

1 hour ago, tofuproductions said:

Nothing major, just the fender eliminator, some bar ends/mirrors, frame sliders, radiator guard, shorty levers, flush mount turn signals, and popped in the led bulb the housing (may go that projector route later but honestly I am not too concerned with it). 

Other little various tidbits but nothing crazy, just want to ride once it warms up a tad.

LOL. I am in the same boat it seams. I bought my brand new 2019 in July and seem to have been bitten by the tinkering bug. For sure this bike is more that capable the way it is, not perfect, but there is nothing that I "need" to do...but "want" is another story. 😀

I put on axle, fork and frame sliders right away and now I have Spiegler brake lines, EBC brake pads, Motodymanic fender eliminator, Barkbuster "mits" (for the early and late part of the season) and FTEcu all ready to go once it is warm enough to do the work. And I have a few other things I am looking in to, but not because the bike needs it exactly but I like to tinker and it's fun to make something my own I guess.

You all are bad influences. 😉 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, seven said:

You all are bad influences. 😉 

You're Welcome. 😁

• Haha 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

It got over 70 degrees here today and I could spare a few minutes, so I checked the air pressure in its tires and took it out on the deserted country roads around me for 40 miles. 

More parts came in the mail did the tail tidy, fork protectors and rear spool sliders.

97_50.thumb.jpg.1ed5ddc226015c2740d2d6fd9f71ba01.jpg

after4.thumb.jpg.dd421a6a9a8807eaef3fec015814b382.jpg

1840808504_frontfork.thumb.jpg.9c1da6fb73376e6a78faed1d459d8941.jpg

1883132048_rearspool.thumb.jpg.39056e6e23a50c165828f4f53db1aef1.jpg

• Like 1

Installed the Cyclops 10.0 Headlight Bulb with 2 T10 LED Bulbs from Amazon. Also I did the R&G Aero Turn Signal Indicators, with Turn Signal Indicator Adapters from Amazon. Really like this Mod.

IMG-6633-12.thumb.jpg.3fce1aae1855446658b1d2d079a7f681.jpg

IMG-6634-12.thumb.jpg.06ed13d1008e7c91672ee81d635fad1d.jpg

1518635016_IMG-6638(1)-12.thumb.jpg.7567035271ae3c50996d6517960d3e7e.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Qays said:

Installed the Cyclops 10.0 Headlight Bulb with 2 T10 LED Bulbs from Amazon. Also I did the R&G Aero Turn Signal Indicators, with Turn Signal Indicator Adapters from Amazon. Really like this Mod.

IMG-6633-12.thumb.jpg.3fce1aae1855446658b1d2d079a7f681.jpg

It looks like you lost the running lights with the turn signal LEDs. I think you were hoping to have them illuminated as well right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seven said:

It looks like you lost the running lights with the turn signal LEDs. I think you were hoping to have them illuminated as well right?

The running lights were not offered in our region, the turn signals only illuminated amber when activated, and were off day and night. Is there a way to have them as two small white lights as well?

1 hour ago, Qays said:

The running lights were not offered in our region, the turn signals only illuminated amber when activated, and were off day and night. Is there a way to have them as two small white lights as well?

I think you need to buy LEDs that are specifically designed for that. This is what I am trying to find myself, and I have found some just not at a price I am willing to pay. Such stupid money for what they are. I would prefer too if the running lights were amber just like OEM so it is easier to see the indicator is flashing...some white running lights are so bright it is hard to see the color change from white to amber.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 4:58 AM, 208MT07 said:

Finally finished my 520 conversion tonight, maiden voyage with the Hord and 520 conversion was fun. Bike is a whole new animal now. 

20210302_213723.jpg

How does it compare to stock i mean the 520chain vs the 525 stock one?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 8:58 PM, 208MT07 said:

Finally finished my 520 conversion tonight, maiden voyage with the Hord and 520 conversion was fun. Bike is a whole new animal now. 

20210302_213723.jpg

How much clearance did you end up with between the shock adjuster and the airbox? 

• Premium Member

Today I rode from St Petersburg FL to Ft Meyers Beach FL (215km/135 miles each way)  and on the way back I-75 was a parking lot so I got off of I-75 to take back roads to get around the congestion. It was about 20 mile later, out in the country doing 55-70mph speeds, when I noticed the bike was feeling pretty wishy-washy. I pulled over in the next parking lot to assess the issue.

I found my Road5 rear tire was totally flat. I was impressed how well it handled with zero air in it. The short side walls helped keep it stable. It was quite warm to the touch even on the sidewalls. Locating the puncture was a project since there was nothing stuck in the tire and the pinhole was hiding in a groove.  A rope plug later and I was back on the road.

I'll pull the wheel and get an internal plug/patch installed before I ride it again.

Lesson Learned: Add soapy water to your plug kit to help find the leak buried in your tire grooves.

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I decided to relocate my dash.... and I'm so glad I did, it's so much easier to see! It took a while to get it right and probably around 3-4 goes 3D printing models before I was happy with the results... 

zRMNWvV.jpg

r29lNEz.jpg

yweVcgW.jpg

• Like 9

Had the day off from work, so I rode her to work (fool that I am) to get something that I forgot. Really love this bike - probably the most *fun* motorcycle I've owned the way it is setup now.

Some of the winter mods...new bar ends, heated grips, SeatConcepts seat and new paint.

WW/R

7E764827-C103-4C7D-A3DC-4AC76C4AB12B_1_201_a.jpeg

18F4BDFA-5307-4D84-A852-84B888332A5A_1_201_a.jpeg

34E4BFCF-4ECF-42D6-B99A-9838AE1D6515_1_201_a.jpeg

5D4C4F82-8F25-4BD7-881C-0E45347D33AF_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 2

Sold it 😕
I have part exchanged it for a z900 which is being delivered Thursday. Still don’t know if I’ve done the right thing..... 

E929CCCF-932C-4D6C-B248-08FCBD015282.png

B0CC19B7-3B92-4B1D-B4BB-FAECDFC4489C.jpeg

• Like 2

Variety is fun! Take every opportunity you get to ride something else. If you decide you miss the 07 there will always be plenty out there. Congrats on the new ride! 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Variety is fun! Take every opportunity you get to ride something else. If you decide you miss the 07 there will always be plenty out there. Congrats on the new ride! 

That’s a good way to look at it 👍. It will be the first Kawasaki I have owned, I have been looking for a decent z900 forum To join but there’s nothing out there as good as this one.

Installed an R6 throttle. Now just need the weather and my newborn to cooperate so I can get out for a ride. Went from stock > Motion Pro  > R6

• Like 1

Instagram: @jayparrington 

Flushed out my factory coolant and replaced it with Engine Ice tonight. Bike is all ready for the first test day of the season tomorrow.