The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

nozeitgeist1800
20 minutes ago, AdamKareem87 said:

@nozeitgeist1800 I have a ladder and straps. I will try to set it up today using that method. Thanks!

Good luck, make sure the ladder is rated to hold more than 500 or 600 lbs as well, but it's pretty easy to use common sense on whether it's not okay. 

3 hours ago, nozeitgeist1800 said:

Good luck, make sure the ladder is rated to hold more than 500 or 600 lbs as well, but it's pretty easy to use common sense on whether it's not okay. 

It is common sense, though I only had a cheapo decker ladder rated for 250 lb. Had to slide the straps to one side so the plastic at the top would bend less. Lifted it around an inch off the ground. The ladder did not like it, but it did the job. Ladder had no damage.

20230608_194117.thumb.jpg.e0a37ad5f374fcbe4bceaec48ce006b0.jpg

• Like 2

AdamKareem87

Installed the rear shock with the ladder ratchet method no issues! Thank you all for the strong suggestions for using this method. Will give it a test drive this weekend.

Thanks!

• Like 1

nozeitgeist1800
4 hours ago, AdamKareem87 said:

Installed the rear shock with the ladder ratchet method no issues! Thank you all for the strong suggestions for using this method. Will give it a test drive this weekend.

Thanks!

good stuff, glad it worked out. i didnt want to say before, but it feels super janky while doing it, at least it did for me when the rear tire starts to move when youre taking the weight off of it. im glad you got it all set. ill be interested in what you think of the before and after on your new shock.

On 6/12/2023 at 1:04 PM, tomlichu said:

The lighting distribution looks even and much better. Where did you purchase the LED headlight assembly?

Here

Edited by Royales83

11 hours ago, nozeitgeist1800 said:

... i didnt want to say before, but it feels super janky while doing it, at least it did for me when the rear tire starts to move when youre taking the weight off of it.

SW-MOTECH Centerstand 

Centerstand.jpg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
On 6/14/2023 at 7:41 PM, AdamKareem87 said:

Thanks!

Well done, and welcome to the fz07 forum 

AdamKareem87
On 6/15/2023 at 1:29 AM, nozeitgeist1800 said:

good stuff, glad it worked out. i didnt want to say before, but it feels super janky while doing it, at least it did for me when the rear tire starts to move when youre taking the weight off of it. im glad you got it all set. ill be interested in what you think of the before and after on your new shock.

Bike feels insanely more planted and stable especially in the rear. Noticeable difference over stock. Well worth it if anyone is considering the upgrade.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Bike is at 10k miles now. Swapped out plugs and installed Hordpower. Swung by 2WDW and got it flashed. Gonna do a throttle body balance and coolant change sometime this week.

The bike pulls pretty good past 8k rpm, I am quite impressed. First pull on the highway had me laughing. I short shifted out of habit because I wasn't used to the power available past 8k.

20230920_172755.jpg

Splish splash, caliper was taking a bath. 
I installed a set of TRW sinter brake pads, MCB 634 SH. They make really a difference, the original Nissin pads where like blocks of wood.  Feels like the brake deceleration has tripled or something

image.png.8f062a904c1cbf5a2899e8b62dc35f41.png

• Global Moderator
42 minutes ago, ElGonzales said:

Splish splash, caliper was taking a bath.....

image.png.8f062a904c1cbf5a2899e8b62dc35f41.png

Only the rear? When this season closes front calipers swim in Berryman chem-dip, then rebuild kits.

I've already replaced the front pads some years ago when one piston was seized, they are still good. The rear brake was really weak, perhaps the pads where in contact with oil/grease. I filled the swingarm with cavity preservation wax after I bought the bike, lets say it found it's way out on a very hot day :D
I think I will rebuild everything when I switch to steel braided brake lines. Maybe next winter. But it was nice to see that the visible part of the pumped out piston still looks like new.

Yesterday, I installed the Roaring Toyz rear suspension link ride height, bought used from fellow member Vcyclenut.  Today,  I took it on a short ride and was impressed by the handling change.  Steering is much more instantaneous and responsive.  A worthwhile mod if you don't mind the raise in seat height.   

Went to the shop to buy oil walked out with another Shoei 😅 

Can't help myself. Didn't have an X15 in the collection and the new Barcelona graphic accents my bike well.

20230930_023840.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to installing a Hordpower intake (seemed like they were out of stock forever) and my Razor R lite. I was able to get the stock airbox out without cutting it to pieces by taking out the throttle bodies first, so I was pretty pumped about that considering all the horror stories about the install haha.

Quick question about the rear shock, though, any idea on what the rider sag should be set to for general street riding? I'm seeing 30-35mm in some places with others saying 35-45mm. It's been raining here pretty consistently so I haven't had the chance to take the bike out to see how it feels so in the mean time, I figured I'd try dialing in sag at the rear a bit, just not sure what numbers I should be using as a reference.

9 hours ago, 7fold said:

Finally got around to installing a Hordpower intake (seemed like they were out of stock forever) and my Razor R lite. I was able to get the stock airbox out without cutting it to pieces by taking out the throttle bodies first, so I was pretty pumped about that considering all the horror stories about the install haha.

Quick question about the rear shock, though, any idea on what the rider sag should be set to for general street riding? I'm seeing 30-35mm in some places with others saying 35-45mm. It's been raining here pretty consistently so I haven't had the chance to take the bike out to see how it feels so in the mean time, I figured I'd try dialing in sag at the rear a bit, just not sure what numbers I should be using as a reference.

Dang iv been checking daily for the Hord airbox and still haven't seen them show up. Congrats

On 10/16/2023 at 11:27 AM, 7fold said:

I think at that point, it's a personal preference ranging between 30-40 mm. Might be good for one rider but shet for another rider. Just try 30 mm, followed by 40 mm and see which one you like better, and then fine tune to a point that feels good.

• Like 1

M, Hausknecht
17 hours ago, Paulb5950 said:

Dang iv been checking daily for the Hord airbox and still haven't seen them show up. Congrats

The Hordpower intake was on JD's website this morning.

26 minutes ago, M, Hausknecht said:

Would anyone happen to have a PC5 or PV4 map for the intake? Could save some money instead of getting ECU flashed for another 200$

3 hours ago, M, Hausknecht said:

No shot... What's JD's website?

Iv always been checking hordpower.com, is this not his current website anymore? 

I check like once a day and it always just shows as out of stock.

Few weeks back, it had a note saying they would restock mid September, and I never saw them restock. That note has since been removed.

Maybe I just need to add one to the cart and checkout, see what happens?

Edited by Paulb5950

M, Hausknecht
12 hours ago, Paulb5950 said:

No shot... What's JD's website?

Iv always been checking hordpower.com, is this not his current website anymore? 

I check like once a day and it always just shows as out of stock.

Few weeks back, it had a note saying they would restock mid September, and I never saw them restock. That note has since been removed.

Maybe I just need to add one to the cart and checkout, see what happens?

J.D. Hord, yeah that is the site. You can order right now, Wednesday, 8:12 am eastern time. I just checked.

16 hours ago, Paulb5950 said:

It was restocked, but also sold out on the same day. I ordered that same day, and in the evening, it was out of stock again. You just need to be persistent. I checked pretty frequently since July and was only able to order in September. Part of the reason was because his CNC guy moved to a different shop, so they were not available for 1.5 months during that time.

3 hours ago, tomlichu said:

It was restocked, but also sold out on the same day. I ordered that same day, and in the evening, it was out of stock again. You just need to be persistent. I checked pretty frequently since July and was only able to order in September. Part of the reason was because his CNC guy moved to a different shop, so they were not available for 1.5 months during that time.

Pretty much the reason I wasn't able to get one for like a year and a half lol - every time I would hear about them being in stock, I'd check the website only to see them sold out. I actually joined an MT group on FB a while back and someone posted the minute they became available (this was a few months ago, though) so I jumped on the site and ordered.

I was actually considering going the Yoshi airbox route even though it's a couple hundred dollars more, it was at least available at the time. I remember seeing a post somewhere with Nels from 2WDW saying that the gains with Hord were actually better than the gains he saw with the Yosh intake, so I used that as a way to justify holding out for the supposedly better, cheaper Hord intake. Don't get me wrong, the Yosh intake looks awesome, but it's a little over $500 where the Hord is around $300ish and offers supposedly better performance.

• Like 1