The MT-07 Forum

How do we come up with our profile names?

scordiaboy515

• Global Moderator
I go by the name of Guru Woodman. People call me Guru Woodman...

I live in the country and when we moved here I noticed things were quite primitive compared to where I lived before. Old computers with dial-up, no wi-fi, flip phones (with no reception), that sort of thing. And we are talking just a couple of years ago and I have to say that I am a bit of a geek when it comes to gadgets. 
So I started upgrading our house and people were amazed. I got requests to help friends and neighbours. They started calling me Guru because I knew a lot about it (which is not the case btw). Same goes for cars. I have an automotive background and people come to me and ask what kind of vehicle they need and I give them advice. The old saying goes "in the land of the blind, the person with one good eye will be king".

Actually my neighbour added the second part of my name. She has a woodstove and orders a lots of wood for the winter and I have a Kubota (tractor) which immediately makes me very popular.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.... I've been a gearhead since I can remember. My first passion that I can say I really got into were lowriders. I was underage at the time so I never got one. I then transitioned into the "import scene" as I became driving age. Once the car modification bug bit there was no turning back. 13 years or so later, I have sold off my commuter car (my wife is driving the "toy" a 4WD Toyota 4Runner, no more sports car) and have gone full commuter on my FZ-07. Hence the name..... From the cage.

Well mines pretty cut and dry, Rudaniun is my middle name. My dad is the one who coined that name for me. I have no idea where he came up with it or how. Lol

I was 24 years old when I built my first rotary engine, 18 engines later I still love them.

Woot woot.

Mine derives from my love of the rotary.

I love my little RX-7 more than my FZ07.

Mine is a French word "Casse-cou" or neck breaker. Here is what Google translate came with from the French definition :
"Which is exposed to danger or launches into hazardous enterprises"
Its just my life story. I had an incredible need for adrenaline. I should have taken drugs instead, I would have had less scars on my body. I think I have done most of everything, from sky diving to night diving with sharks and a lot in between. I have calm down a lot, thanks to my 13 years old daughter, but still want to sail solo around the world and go with a big bang at the end P-).

.... The old saying goes "in the land of the blind, the person with one good eye will be king".
I am not too smart but I feel so much like this here in Hillbilly land. Everyday, I can hear the banjo from Deliverance playing in the back ground O_o

Well mines pretty cut and dry, Rudaniun is my middle name. My dad is the one who coined that name for me. I have no idea where he came up with it or how. Lol
I swear I thought it was on the Periodic table :D, maybe it will be the next element's name. 

• Premium Member
bigwavesurfer

It is what I like to do up here on the North Coast of California. Well, on the coasts any state or country, for that matter. :)

• Global Moderator
Mine is a French word "Casse-cou" or neck breaker. Here is what Google translate came with from the French definition : "Which is exposed to danger or launches into hazardous enterprises"
Its just my life story. I had an incredible need for adrenaline. I should have taken drugs instead, I would have had less scars on my body. I think I have done most of everything, from sky diving to night diving with sharks and a lot in between. I have calm down a lot, thanks to my 13 years old daughter, but still want to sail solo around the world and go with a big bang at the end P-).
Ha! For some reason I was pronouncing is as Ceaușescu, the Romanian Communist leader who was shot in 1989. I prefer your explanation.  (rofl)

Mine is short for see you when I see you... I had it on my license plate in High School. I think its appropriate for our tourqie FZ's...seeya when i seeya!

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
snowdriftless

Mine is a combination of two words, snowdrift and driftless. Snow drift because I also like winter activities like skiing, building snow forts, etc... Driftless refers to the region of the country I live in. I live in the "driftless" region of the Midwest that covers parts of Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. This area avoided being covered by glaciers during the last glaciation period (110,000 to 12,000 years ago). Due to this the area has lots of nice hills, valleys, and quite a few trout streams. I think there are few places that look better than NE Iowa or SW Wisconsin. It is a truly beautiful area and has some of the Midwest's best riding roads.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

In Thai Kwai means Buffalo and Puak means Albino.
Kwai is a big insult over there, basically a big dumb ass only useful for manual labor.

I was drinking with a friend one night and said something off color about his father his response was:

"Ai ai AI KWAI PUAK!!!"

(Ai is bastard or f*cker for a man)
Most just call me Puak normally since I am very pale.
And thus my Thai nickname was born. Every Thai person has a nickname some are traditional name, or shortened forms of their full name and some are really out there. Some of my favorite students names have been:
Jackpot, Peter Pan, Guitar, Sandwich, Phonecard, Queeny, Cartoon, and there are plenty more I am probably forgetting.

I have a tattoo of a sheepdog and wolf on my back. I use the same display name for pretty much everything. The 3 is just there because the first account I put it on was XBox Live, and SheepDog had already been taken.

My profile name is actually my license plate. I had it originally for my mustang, its now on my 75 5.0 cj. We had to figure out a way to spell it because the obvious spelling was already taken. Geteup is what we came up with!

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

pantheraleo

I have an affinity for lions, and PantheraLeo is their genus and species.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

voda pas is Croatian for water dog. (At least that's what the cute waitresses at the bar told me. Probably means dumb a$$. Haha.) Anyhow it's not like we think of water dog as in a dog used for hunting water fowl. It's what they call sharks. They also extend the term to their Sailors. Voda pas = Sailor. So, being that they knew we were in the Navy it's what they called us when we came into the bar. "Oh here are the voda pas!" = "Oh here comes money!" Haha. Regardless, being as here we are, somewhat, affectionately called "squids" I took to voda pas as let's face it, sharks are a hell of a lot cooler than squids.

Interesting side note: My ship was one of the first ships to visit Croatia after all the fighting died down there so it was kind of a thing of them getting acclimated to us and us getting acclimated to them. They, like many countries, do not use the practice of tipping their servers. We of course are not used to that so (combined with the fact the waitresses were very attractive) we kept pushing back the money that they tried to return to us until they got the idea. The next time we returned (almost two years later) there on the bar was a tip jar. So yeah, thank the U.S. Navy for probably ruining the economy of Croatia by introducing tipping to its servers. Haha!

Mine is going to be the most boring explaination ever. Mine is my name with a "5" and a "0" substituted for the "s" and "o" because my name normally spelled is already take on most forums.

Archived