The MT-07 Forum

Too many readers, not enough posters

Cruizin

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I didn't even know there were penalty points, or any points for that matter? 😜

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

I've been super busy with work, also working 7-12s, and doing stuff with my bike here and there when time allows. but I do have some cool updates to share soon!!

• Global Moderator
On 7/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Penalty:

Given 1 points which will never expire.

Wow.

Do us all a favor and keep posting, your stuff is clever and interesting.

Be like a screen door and just let the gusts in the wind blow right through you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/16/2020 at 1:30 PM, geophb said:

The only form of social media I have is the couple forums im on. 

Dying breed I guess.

Same here.  My "social media" is this forum, and email.  Social media is just a way to manipulate the thoughts of the masses.  Sadly, it's worked very well.

• Like 2

We live in an ever more penal world.  Good for the other half of the population, keeps 'em busy.  And social media is the snakepits, IMO.

I look forward to hearing from you FZ-07R WaNaB.

• Thanks 1

Just do it! 

16 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

Wow.

Do us all a favor and keep posting, your stuff is clever and interesting.

Be like a screen door and just let the gusts in the wind blow right through you

Penalty:

I should have a thousand points by now. I should be #1 in points, dammit!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Careful @Beemer, I may grant your wish :P

But for real talk. The point system is more for us to keep track of repeat offenders. @FZ07R WaNaB don't think too much into it. It was an argument in public forum space, if you've got more questions DM myself or  mjh

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

FZ07R WaNaB
20 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

The point system is more for us to keep track of repeat offenders. @FZ07R WaNaB don't think too much into it. It was an argument in public forum space, if you've got more questions DM myself or  mjh

"don't think too much into it" (really bad grammer) give me a freaking break. Between @cruizin's disquising his whining about not making enough money on this site with this thread, you moderators not calling out ass.holes like @airbornedeth, the childish stupidity of a point system, and now you demeaning me, I'm out of here.

It will be interesting to see if cruizin deletes this whole thread because of what it says about this forum.

To the folks I like and those who appreciate my posts, sorry about this, but I'm done.

On 7/27/2020 at 6:33 PM, rfmueller said:

Same here.  My "social media" is this forum, and email.  Social media is just a way to manipulate the thoughts of the masses.  Sadly, it's worked very well.

Me too. I'm on a few forums, but as for my email,  I very rarely look at it.  I checked it a week or two ago and I've got like a kabillion unread emails in my inbox.  Maybe I'll get to that someday.

Don't use the phone much either. If at all possible, I try to conduct business face to face. People tend to be so much nicer in person where you can reach their throat...

Never had anything like facebook.  I get more than enough of that crap when my wife annoys me with hers.

Edited by rider

2 minutes ago, rider said:

Me too. I'm on a few forums, but as for my email,  I very rarely look at it.  I checked it a week or two ago and I've got like a kabillion unread emails in my inbox.  Don't use the phone much either. If at all possible, I try to conduct business face to face. People tend to be so much nicer in person where you can reach their throat...

Never had anything like facebook.  I get more than enough of that crap when my wife annoys me with hers.

Yer killin' me Smalls, yer killin' me!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

"don't think too much into it" (really bad grammer) give me a freaking break. Between @cruizin's disquising his whining about not making enough money on this site with this thread, you moderators not calling out ass.holes like @airbornedeth, the childish stupidity of a point system, and now you demeaning me, I'm out of here.

It will be interesting to see if cruizin deletes this whole thread because of what it says about this forum.

To the folks I like and those who appreciate my posts, sorry about this, but I'm done.

Not making enough money. Are you crazy? I've paid for this place out of my own pocket every month since day one. You think I'm in this for money? And what does it say about our forum? Its a free forum, and the worlds largest and greatest source of free tech info for the MT07. WTF more is there to say? 

I work a 12 hour a day job, 6 days a week.  This forum and the others are a hobby. I enjoy talking with and helping other motorcyclists. I created these forums simply to have the world's best tech resource for the FZ/MT07. 

I usually enjoy your posts, but you stepped over the line and was very kindly warned by one of our volunteer moderators. 

And now you are going off on a rant like a crying teenaged girl on Instagram? Why? 

I back my moderators 100%. And no, I will not delete this thread,  it will live on forever for all to see. 

This forum is about the MT/FZ 07 and those who ride it. We can live without the drama. 

• Like 2

On 7/28/2020 at 7:34 AM, Beemer said:

Penalty:

I should have a thousand points by now. I should be #1 in points, dammit!!

We have warned less than 10 people since we launched in 2014.  We spend little to no time looking at point systems, its part of the forum software when we have to warn someone.  And we take no joy in doing so, by any means. 

Then I think your terminology is wrong, Cruisin, if I may say so. If it is a  counting of incidents then call it that. If you are wishing to penalise, as you clearly have done in this case, then you have got it right. If the latter with "no expiry", then, as a UKer,  it feels like typical American justice where you find yourself in the slammer for not setting your curtains straight in the morning, if I may say so (again). Sorry.  Just my opinion, of course.

Just do it! 

10 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Careful @Beemer, I may grant your wish :P

But for real talk. The point system is more for us to keep track of repeat offenders. @FZ07R WaNaB don't think too much into it. It was an argument in public forum space, if you've got more questions DM myself or  mjh

Looks like an idle threat to me .... do moderators not receive points for inciting trouble?

• Like 1

Beemer

How bout that launch this morning? @Beemer and @DewMan do you guys ever get down to watch those live? That's cool stuff right there. Sending toys to other world's. Makes what goes on in my shop insignificant. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 5:42 PM, Cruizin said:

We get a ton of visitors ea day, but damn not many people actually logging in and posting anymore. 

Whats up?  Everyone turning into facebook zombies?  Hey, we do have a healthy facebook group, but posts disappear and get lost there because Facebook groups are so generic. Just one lil page, no sections for different topics. 

Login, share something. Comment on some posts.  Put your pin on the member map so others in your area can send you a PM to go ride. 

Don't be lazy.   And, unlike FB. We aren't spying on you and selling your data to the highest bidder... 

I own many bikes of different brands/types. I'm primarily an offroad rider. My street bike (the 07) sees most of it's use for errands (hate being in a cage) and riding in the winter when I'm too wimpy to ride a dirt bike in the cold. Cold fingers hurt when tree branches smack 'em! So, yeah, I don't log in very often. :(

Lately been focusing my time on a new (to me) dirt bike I picked up and a sumo conversion for my XR400. I guess I should search out the off topic area. 

RNONVUv.jpg

b1ett4R.jpg

dAa9FA9.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robbo10 said:

Then I think your terminology is wrong, Cruisin, if I may say so. If it is a  counting of incidents then call it that. If you are wishing to penalise, as you clearly have done in this case, then you have got it right. If the latter with "no expiry", then, as a UKer,  it feels like typical American justice where you find yourself in the slammer for not setting your curtains straight in the morning, if I may say so (again). Sorry.  Just my opinion, of course.

The points come as part of the forum software. I don't care about the points , ok? I don't look at them. They simply come with this software. When we warn someone , they get a point assigned by the software. We warn such few people I hadn't even noticed it until now, to be perfectly honest If I could shut that off, I would. In fact I'm emailing the software company about doing just that.

2 hours ago, mossrider said:

How bout that launch this morning? @Beemer and @DewMan do you guys ever get down to watch those live? That's cool stuff right there. Sending toys to other world's. Makes what goes on in my shop insignificant. 

No, the weather (heat) and timing always gets in the way but I'd sure love to. It would probably be a once in a life time experience, very cool to see and a great photo opportunity.

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Beemer said:

No, the weather (heat) and timing always gets in the way but I'd sure love to. It would probably be a once in a life time experience, very cool to see and a great photo opportunity.

What he said. Been living in FL since the mid 80s and have yet to even go to Disney World.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator
20 hours ago, Beemer said:

Looks like an idle threat to me .... do moderators not receive points for inciting trouble?

Don't know

Never checked, but we aren't above the rules any more than anyone else is

• Global Moderator
17 hours ago, Beemer said:

Was gonna say, with your penchant for photography maybe see how close ya can get???

2 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Don't know

Never checked, but we aren't above the rules any more than anyone else is

Off Topic Rules:  "Be nice to each other, no personal attacks."

Idle threats are not what I would call being nice and are very much a personal attack, so cruizin, is this moderator not going to receive a point for breaking the rules like @FZ07R WaNaB did. 

Beemer

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Off Topic Rules:  "Be nice to each other, no personal attacks."

Idle threats are not what I would call being nice and are very much a personal attack, so cruizin, is this moderator not going to receive a point for breaking the rules like @FZ07R WaNaB did. 

Knock it off Beemer

• Like 2

• Cruizin locked this topic