The MT-07 Forum

Does anybody else hate where the horn button is positioned?

MotoFuzzle

On my old ninja 500, which has the typical location for the horn, I would always hit the horn whenever I read returning my thumb to a full grip after turn signal cancellation. I obviously don't do that with his bike, now that it's out of the way lol. I do agree that the horn is a little hard to reach, but just like Ralph said, im too busy avoiding a situation when it happens to worry about touching the horn. I've swerved, braked, or sped up to avoid idiot drivers, but in a split second moment, I never once reached for my horn. I only hit my horn when I'm letting someone know to look up from their damn phone cuz the light turned green five seconds a go. I also cover my horn button when I see a potential situation coming up, such as a close grouping of cars or an elderly driver, but again never used it because I decided to just avoid that area

I've been told that if you need to use your horn, its already too late..so I agree with this sentiment

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On my old ninja 500, which has the typical location for the horn, I would always hit the horn whenever I read returning my thumb to a full grip after turn signal cancellation. I obviously don't do that with his bike, now that it's out of the way lol. I do agree that the horn is a little hard to reach, but just like Ralph said, im too busy avoiding a situation when it happens to worry about touching the horn. I've swerved, braked, or sped up to avoid idiot drivers, but in a split second moment, I never once reached for my horn. I only hit my horn when I'm letting someone know to look up from their damn phone cuz the light turned green five seconds a go. I also cover my horn button when I see a potential situation coming up, such as a close grouping of cars or an elderly driver, but again never used it because I decided to just avoid that area
I've been told that if you need to use your horn, its already too late..so I agree with this sentiment

That's a good rule of thumb, I like that

Archived