The MT-07 Forum

K-Tech Razor Lite - Install

Cjanssen83

2 hours ago, Cjanssen83 said:

Ok, so final question because the instructions don’t say. This little protrusion…does it face up (I assume so), or down, when installed? 

Does not matter, it's your preference. Enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

So installed, all good. Now you have to check/set your sag, shock should have come with instructions if not google "setting motorcycle sag". 

7 hours ago, wollerms said:

So installed, all good. Now you have to check/set your sag, shock should have come with instructions if not google "setting motorcycle sag". 

Just finished installing it. Here was the setup.

Going to set sag tomorrow and torque the nuts. 

IMG_0895.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomlichu said:

I see you putting your manual to good use

Lol! Figured somebody would comment about that…

It was challenging to lift the tire with one hand to get one of the shock bolts out with the other, so I made the lift not as long by wedging the shop manual under the tire to start.

1799918734_Supporttire.thumb.jpg.9eddc31d55dbf9c99353f736eb898308.jpg

These "Air Wedge Bags" are available for under $20 on Amazon and Ebay. Search that term and you will find them.  After getting them, I have found a lot of uses such as holding the other end of long lumber when cutting with saw, leveling doors when install hinge, etc.

Resize of 20230424_153910.jpg

Resize of 20230424_152531.jpg

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

After getting them, I have found a lot of uses such as holding the other end of long lumber when cutting with saw, leveling doors when install hinge, etc.

Not to mention taking your blood pressure.   :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

These "Air Wedge Bags" are available for under $20 on Amazon and Ebay. Search that term and you will find them.  After getting them, I have found a lot of uses such as holding the other end of long lumber when cutting with saw, leveling doors when install hinge, etc.

Resize of 20230424_153910.jpg

Those sound incredibly handy…I just moved a fridge and am moving a stove next week, which requires I take the front door of the hinges…these would certainly help! 

Edited by Cjanssen83

1 hour ago, Cjanssen83 said:

I just moved a fridge and am moving a stove next week, which requires I take the front door of the hinges…these would certainly help! 

They support a lot of weight. There are videos of people using them to level appliances, support a stove while adjust support legs so the device is level, etc.

They can easily support the rear wheel as you get the height tweaked to insert axle.

Edited by Lone Wolf

This is what I use, also excellent for home improvement such as removing molding, nails, etc... 

1447781090_prybar.thumb.jpg.1686c5f7da1b0e3091a5ccf2da5a6050.jpg 

• Like 1

So... How do you like the new shock?  I'm considering an upgrade, but I don't want/need a firmer more sport oriented suspension setup...  I mostly commute, but would like something more stable when I do the occasional track day...

2 hours ago, crakerjac said:

So... How do you like the new shock?  I'm considering an upgrade, but I don't want/need a firmer more sport oriented suspension setup...  I mostly commute, but would like something more stable when I do the occasional track day...

Not OP, but I've been riding the ktech lite for about 1.5 months now. I use my bike for commuting almost everyday. I wish it was the first upgrade I did after owning my bike for 1.5 years. It's one of those things where you reap the benefits the earlier you do it. The caveat is that I weigh nearly 200 pounds with gear. One of my friends who weighs like 140 pounds thought my bike suspension was fine. You may see less benefit the lighter you are (sub 150 pounds with gear).

Going from stock to ktech did not really "improve" comfort in the sense that potholes still suck, however, there is less bouncing after hitting potholes. My comfort was improved in better handling; the bike is much more planted and doesn't rock back and forth as much during accelerating and braking. When I am cornering, I also feel more confident (might be a psychological effect though). I also took my girlfriend on a 3 hour ride, and my bike doesn't feel like a pogo stick when hitting bumps (stiffer spring + better rebound damping).

Edited by tomlichu
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 1:49 PM, crakerjac said:

Sorry for the late response.

Bike feels really good. I just turned 40 in July, and roads that would normally feel like a nail into my coccyx are now no longer a sharp pain my in rear.

The real test is back to the track, but I had to unfortunately bail on my august 4th trip to The Ridge, which would have been my 6th track day and first with the K-Tech.

For a $550 mod, it’s well worth it. From the thread you can see I’m still a noob when it comes to working on bikes, but once I got out of my head (mostly just fear of the bike falling over), the install was super easy…

Edit: I wanted to add that this is my daily, and I usually commute to work 5 days a week on it, too.

Edited by Cjanssen83
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I was originally looking at going to Ohlins in the rear, but after hearing all the good reviews, my use case, and price of the K-tech this might be my next purchase.