The MT-07 Forum

Totaled R7 rebuild thread

youngmaavin

Can you buy used parts off ebay or something; that should save you a lot of money (and taxes)...plus maybe you can upgrade some parts to R6 parts.

Do you have access to peptides and sarms in your country; that could assist in your healing faster and stronger (talk to a doctor).

youngmaavin
On 6/25/2023 at 5:41 PM, TMTYWSH said:

Can you buy used parts off ebay or something; that should save you a lot of money (and taxes)...plus maybe you can upgrade some parts to R6 parts.

Yeah, all the OEM components I'm trying to get used.

I wanted to go the route of R6 parts, but didn't find enough concrete info on R7 compatibility

• 1 month later...
youngmaavin

Finally got the forks, another piece of the puzzle done.

Now I need to get some little bits and pieces to put the chassis together for a laser check.

Budget of this whole thing is starting to hurt, so taking things slow.

Also spent the last month and a half getting back to my good physical condition, physiotherapy, sports, etc.

• Like 2

Well, frame check didn't provide any good news.
It's out of the tolerances, so I guess next thing is to fix it, which is quite expensive.

Sucks....

• Global Moderator
3 hours ago, youngmaavin said:

Well, frame check didn't provide any good news.
It's out of the tolerances, so I guess next thing is to fix it, which is quite expensive.

Sucks....

I am sorry to hear that but unfortunately I thought that would be the case.  A new frame in the US cost $1225.69.  I am curious how much they are in Israel, or how much it will cost to fix yours. 

22 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I am sorry to hear that but unfortunately I thought that would be the case.  A new frame in the US cost $1225.69.  I am curious how much they are in Israel, or how much it will cost to fix yours. 

I imagine it would be a very expensive and complicated process to get a new frame here, go through the process of fitting all the old parts to it and registering the changes.

Still waiting on an exact quote for a frame repair, but expecting it to be well over a 1000$

• 3 weeks later...

So, got the frame straightened and the front was put back on.

Paid 2000$ for the frame work and front assembly.

This whole thing turned out terribly expensive.

Currently I think I'm only missing some plastics and bolts and when I get them, I can assemble the bike.

Some of the plastic parts are on month long backorder though.

image.thumb.png.b1a716644231c9c3beb5733e0c49e68f.png

Slowly getting the bike back together.

Waiting on the last plastic part that goes around the dashboard and it takes forever to get here.

eefc8e96-aa3a-4f9c-bdd6-d51ba0e5d990.jpg