The MT-07 Forum

Plates?

suspiciouspackage

• Premium Member
I only had to wait a month for mine, which didn't seem very long to me. 
CA doesn't have temporary plates.
And it's not "illegal" to ride your bike after purchase as long as you have all the paperwork to cover you until you do get your plates.

And yes - You can ride without your plates, but if you ever get pulled over and they find out you already have them (it'll be in the system), you can get ticketed that way.

CA has a TOOOOON of vehicles. It's a highly populated/commuting state. It's why it can take a while.

So I could take the dealer plate out and run it naked? Then again I feel like I'd definitely get pulled over every time I go out.
Haha, yes. You can. I see people do it all the time. Or even just flip the dealer paper over so it's blank. But then again, I can't promise you that if you did get pulled over, that that'd be one of the reasons why.   

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Your license plate number reveals your full name and address pretty easily. I've done searches on my stuff to see how far I could get with just a little info. It's scary, and you should definitely blank it out.

• Global Moderator

Okay, everybody please forget my license plate number. I don't want to go back and change my photos so please just do not notice what it is. Thanks. (that should work, right?)

suspiciouspackage
Okay, everybody please forget my license plate number. I don't want to go back and change my photos so please just do not notice what it is. Thanks. (that should work, right?)
Hold on, just lemme finish booking my flight to Seattle.

Enlighten me a little. What can another person do with knowing my plate number?
Read http://jalopnik.com/5941797/should-you-bother-obscuring-your-license-plates-in-photos. 
Also:  license plate theft.

Main argument against it:  "well, people see my plate when I'm on the road" -- yes, but when it's on the interwebs there is a significantly larger audience.

Thanks for this info! Although, I'm not paranoid enough to instantly start blacking out my plates, this did open my eyes a bit.

Archived