The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

• Premium Member
$8050 OTD. Dealers around here seem to not haggle prices because they sell the bike so fast. I had two separate occasion where I called around noon to see if the bike was in stock so I could go look at it, and within a couple hours I got a call saying the bike was gone. Someone referred me somewhere, and they ordered me one just so I could come look at it. 
I was able to get the guy to give it to me for a few hundred off MSRP (They had it stickered for 200 over MSRP). Told me after the purchase was final that if I was not a referral, he wouldn't have taken the price down at all. (Considering I shopped the deal, and he had nothing to lose, I believed him.) I wanted to get it under 8k, but I was fine with $50 more.

I'm wondering now if I can get a refund on the maintenance plan/warranty. I'll call tomorrow.
Having the same problem here in NYC, all dealers here would not go under MSRP and most OTD prices I have gotten are $8500 or more which I think is crazy. Dealers also have a hard time keeping the bikes in stock, so they say.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jvincilione
Having the same problem here in NYC, all dealers here would not go under MSRP and most OTD prices I have gotten are $8500 or more which I think is crazy. Dealers also have a hard time keeping the bikes in stock, so they say.

Yeah, finding one is stock was an issue I had. I had to call several dealerships just to find one in stock, and by the time I got there it was sold. Crazy that I've not even seen another on the road aside from mine.

• Premium Member

You would think they would be every where in the streets but nope, I think dealers are holding on to them to sell them at premium price or better since everyone wants one now. The dealers near me try to push a fz09 at a lower price telling me it's the same bike with a bigger and better motor....lol

Yamaha Canada sent me a list of all available white fz07s in B.C. and Alberta. I can verify stock is slim in white. Wife had to order one and its coming from Toronto. I was hoping my local dealer could access stock at another dealer but that does not work with Yamaha.

I bought the last red one from my local dealer. They were sold out for awhile but currently have another red and grey one.

• Premium Member

Canada is way out of my reach but thanks yamahaha, I'm looking into NJ and PA for a white one since I can't seem to fine one in NYC.

bmwpowere36m3

Same story here in CT and neighboring states (PA and NJ). Hot bike, not many available, yada yada yada...

Did a demo day, rode 07, 09 and R6. Dealer only had a red one for $8,100 OTD. Said the FZ-07 wasn't too hot last year since it came out late in season (for CT), whereas the FZ-09 was. Now this year the FZ-07 is hot, he had 26 and only had one left. Won't know when he'll get more... Yamaha won't be taking another order till June or July. Good luck getting one this year, at least in prime riding season.

Called a bunch of dealers... no one has a liquid-graphite, what I want. One "might" be getting one in June, if I put down a deposit before it shows up $7,600 OTD. Call a dealer in PA, $6,400 OTD (still have to pay TTL) and he only has 1 left and it's red.

Finally I hit my last dealer (in CT)... has the one I want on the floor. He hits me with $8,200 OTD! Anyway, with some negotiation and walking out the door, I got it for $7,500 OTD.

I could have saved $300 or so with the deal from the PA dealer. However driving ~550 miles total, trailering the bike back, going to the DMV and any future dealer work (only warranty)... I'm happy with what I got.

So recap, $7,500 OTD in CT, which includes ~$550 in sales tax + registration/title.

I'm in Indianapolis and the local dealer with some in stock was asking $8500+, and the dealer with a decent price wasn't sure they could get me one before September. I looked online and called around and found a dealer in Maumee OH next to Toledo (Honda East of Toledo, I think) and they quoted me about $6900 OTD. Needless to say, I took the day off and drove 200 miles there, rented a uhaul trailer, and took my little red riding toy home. Even factoring in gas and trailer rental, I still saved thousands over buying it locally. Hope those still looking find some sweet deals!

jvincilione

How much are taxes where you are? We used to have to pay a "special" tax when we renewed our tags each year, but now the lump a huge fee on our vehicle purchases. (~$500 on the FZ07) Without that, I would have been OTD for much less. Annoying.

• Premium Member

Wow you guys lucked out just got another price from a dealer in Metuchen, NJ $8288.14 OTD.
Waiting to hear back from them, asked for a break down.
I wish I can find something in the 7500-7900 range OTD but that seems impossible in NYC Area.

Canada is way out of my reach but thanks yamahaha, I'm looking into NJ and PA for a white one since I can't seem to fine one in NYC. 
Funny since I am in PA and a month ago all the white ones were in NY! I picked up a graphite second hand.

If anyone ever wants to trade plastics I would love to have white body pieces with a blurple frame.

Canada is way out of my reach but thanks yamahaha
I understand that. I was just pointing out that dealers are not bullshatting when they say "shortage".  :)

Buying in Canada might be a good option for someone close to the border considering the dollar difference. Don't know what the import laws are for you guys.

• Premium Member

I didn't even considered the import cost for the bike, ouch would probably end up costing 10k.
It looks like I will not be getting a bike this riding season, hoping to get better pricing and availability in the fall or winter time here in NYC.

• Premium Member

Took my dealer 2 days to track down my bike...paid cash @ $7.2k OTD...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator

If anyone in phoenix is looking, the surprise Ridenow dealership has 3, 2 grey/blurples and 1 red

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Picked up mine yesterday, paid $8200 OTD in white.

Picked up a white fz-07 two weeks ago for $7600 OTD. Also got the first 3 maintenance for another $500, so total was $8100 OTD. Fun Bike Center, San Diego, California

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Global Moderator
Picked up a white fz-07 two weeks ago for $7500 OTD. Also got the first 3 maintenance for another $500, so total was $8100 OTD. Fun Bike Center, San Diego, California
That math makes my head hurt

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

kakusaizou

$6700 OTD in MN. My coworker bought from the same dealership but haggled them down to $6400 OTD on the last bike.

Picked up a white fz-07 two weeks ago for $7500 OTD. Also got the first 3 maintenance for another $500, so total was $8100 OTD. Fun Bike Center, San Diego, California

$500 seems steep for what really is 3 oil changes. Probably just their spin on those "shipping/delivery charges".
I got mine for $8k OTD- damn California.

Picked up a white fz-07 two weeks ago for $7600 OTD. Also got the first 3 maintenance for another $500, so total was $8100 OTD. Fun Bike Center, San Diego, California
That math makes my head hurt
Math police should take a break on the weekend :P  I rounded a bit originally, but fixed. 

$500 seems steep for what really is 3 oil changes. Probably just their spin on those "shipping/delivery charges". I got mine for $8k OTD- damn California.
I always do the work on my car myself so I was really skeptical about prepaying the services on the bike.  I guess i caved since its the first vehicle I have bought brand new and I didn't want to have anything go wrong with it.  I took a look through the service manual before I bought the plan and saw there was more to it than oil changes (spark plugs replaced, inspection/lubrication of majority of bike parts).  How much they actually do is to be determined, haha. I'll be servicing it myself as much as possible though after the last paid service at 8k miles. 

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

I just picked my FZ-07 up yesterday (in CO). Final price of $8336.72

MSRP: 6990
Freight: 141.24
Set-up: 295
Lien Fee/acc setup: 53
GAP Ins.: 299
Tax: 258.78
Documentation: 299

$6700 OTD in MN. My coworker bought from the same dealership but haggled them down to $6400 OTD on the last bike.
Holy cow! where did you get that price!? I'm in southern MN and the local dealer won't go below $7700 OTD

Archived