I just picked my FZ-07 up yesterday (in CO). Final price of $8336.72 

MSRP: 6990
Freight: 141.24
Set-up: 295
Lien Fee/acc setup: 53
GAP Ins.: 299
Tax: 258.78
Documentation: 299
Where did you get this price? Did you shop around or haggle at all?  
I am going to be shopping around for mine soon in CO and any info would be appreciated :)

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Just offer all cash...most dealers will not go lower when it seems like you are gonna finance a bike...that's my observation...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

bmwpowere36m3
Just offer all cash...most dealers will not go lower when it seems like you are gonna finance a bike...that's my observation...

They get the same money regardless. It might work at smaller mom/pop shops where they'll "adjust" the sales price... aka pocket some of the cash from sale.

I wouldn't even talk financing or cash. Just tell them your serious and you have the money for a deposit... let's talk OTD price.

Just offer all cash...most dealers will not go lower when it seems like you are gonna finance a bike...that's my observation...[span]     
[/span]
Not everyone here has $7k lying around :/

I just picked my FZ-07 up yesterday (in CO). Final price of $8336.72 

MSRP: 6990
Freight: 141.24
Set-up: 295
Lien Fee/acc setup: 53
GAP Ins.: 299
Tax: 258.78
Documentation: 299
I am going to be shopping around for mine soon in CO and any info would be appreciated :)

I went to 3 different dealers. I only seriously looked into it at 1. I went to Grand Prix in Littleton (gave me a rough estimate of $8100 OTD), Vickery in Denver (again, rough $8100 OTD), and then finally Coyote Motorsports in Denver. He initially gave me an OTD price of close to $8300. When I started the finance process, he was trying to get me out closer to $8700 with warranty/fees/GAP. I ended up talking him down to $8000 w/o any extras, and then I decided to add GAP. I feel like I could have probably done better, but I'm no good at any sort of deal making.

bmwpowere36m3

I went to 3 different dealers. I only seriously looked into it at 1. I went to Grand Prix in Littleton (gave me a rough estimate of $8100 OTD), Vickery in Denver (again, rough $8100 OTD), and then finally Coyote Motorsports in Denver. He initially gave me an OTD price of close to $8300. When I started the finance process, he was trying to get me out closer to $8700 with warranty/fees/GAP. I ended up talking him down to $8000 w/o any extras, and then I decided to add GAP. I feel like I could have probably done better, but I'm no good at any sort of deal making.
I've found that if you just ask for an OTD price or best price (no haggling) you'll typically get a high number.  A couple of times they shot me a good number from the start.  Its "painful", but you really need to go in person and haggle a "best-price" and use those number at other dealers as ammunition.  Then decide which dealer you want to buy from.  Best advice, don't settle at the first offer or dealer you go to... unless you get a great price based on what some have paid here. My situation... I wanted a liquid graphite, only two dealers in the state had one (one wouldn't get for another month or two) and all dealerships told me they wouldn't be getting more till after a June/July Yamaha order, "maybe" (so g/l getting one during the northeast riding season).  I got some better prices out-of-state, but they too didn't have the color I wanted.  So the dealer that had one, I haggled with, told him others had the bike and offered me better pricing (which was true, but just not on that color).

paulibiker
Not anyways true. Credit unions & banks usually pay the dealer a fee for setting up the loan.  

• Premium Member

Totally agree with Paulibiker.
When I went to pick up my bike it was OTD @ $8200, while speaking to the financial person I miss understood when she asked me how am I paying.
I told her cash and a few minutes later she comes back with an invoice totaling $7900. I was like WOW great deal until she asked me for the cash....lol she explained that there is a processing fee from the bank and that's why it goes up. I'm still happy with the $8200 price though, it's an AWESOME bike and well worth every penny.

bmwpowere36m3

I dunno about loan processing fees, I negotiated an OTD price and then discussed paying. I had cash, but wanted to know my financing options as well. I was approved on the spot for a Yamaha loan, but I ended up getting a much better loan at my local credit union... no fees, 5 yrs, 2.99% interest. Yamaha wanted 6%, I think for 5 yrs and less for shorter loan terms.

kakusaizou
$6700 OTD in MN. My coworker bought from the same dealership but haggled them down to $6400 OTD on the last bike.
Holy cow! where did you get that price!? I'm in southern MN and the local dealer won't go below $7700 OTD
Heinens. Think they sold 5 of them below MSRP, they sold them fast once the weather warmed up. Barely got mine. 

yamobethere

Got a price from one dealership this morning in CO, they started me off at 8500 and finally landed at $8000 OTD. I pushed for them to throw in a helmet and they wouldn't budge so I walked out.

stepside4x4

I financiad my Fz-07 and got the dealer to give me 7000 OTD as well as 25% off any riding gear and the first service. Took me about 4 months to get this deal, but I was willing to wait for the right price. This dealership is in Eastern NC (Ron Ayers Motorsports) and usually has one or two of these bikes in stock at all times. 

I found a used FZ07, agreed to buy that tomorrow so if there isn't anything wrong with it I'll have a bike finally!

$6299 + taxes/fees
So what did that come out to OTD?
I'd have to go and check my paperwork, I don't really remember, I just remember the actual price of the bike.  

bmwpowere36m3
I'd have to go and check my paperwork, I don't really remember, I just remember the actual price of the bike.  

Yeah, but sometimes dealers throw in a bunch of BS charges which inflate the cost of the bike... OTD is the important number.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

@cavedog, red is the fastest color. Congrats and vote here!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator
I would argue that the actual price of the bike is what you had to write the check for. Taxes and fees are part of what the bike cost.  
As long as you are happy with your deal that is all that matters. I bought my bike as soon as they were released so I paid more than if I had waited for demand to go down and winter to arrive. I did not want to wait so I paid a premium. I was still happy with my deal though. 

Unfortunately I just got red for the black frame haha, I'll likely be putting a white body on it.  I really hate the silver frame.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Unfortunately I just got red for the black frame haha, I'll likely be putting a white body on it.  I really hate the silver frame.
That's ok. The black frame is fastest - I want to point out that Paulie's (Pgeldz) bike is a red one. paulis fz07 motogp

Illegitimi non carborundum

That's ok. The black frame is fastest - I want to point out that Paulie's (Pgeldz) bike is a red one.
And his bike is niiice.  Black frame is definitely the fastest.

paulibiker
I want red and all I'm finding is white. If I can get a white one bought, you want to swap parts?

Archived