The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

Unfortunately I just got red for the black frame haha, I'll likely be putting a white body on it.  I really hate the silver frame.
I want red and all I'm finding is white. If I can get a white one bought, you want to swap parts?
Sure!  The downtime during shipping will be depressing though, this bike is so much fun haha.  And the torque, my god.  I was at like 60% throttle and picked the front tire up shifting into 3rd last night.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$7700 OTD included a new and installed Yoshi exhaust.  I'm in Oregon so I didn't pay sales tax, but paid MSRP and an extra $400 for the exhaust.  Got the Rapid Red and it is being delivered this morning.  I didn't drive it home since I drove over an hour from my house to the dealer, but they offered free delivery.  I live in Portland and the few Yamaha dealers here can't keep them in stock.  So, nobody would come down from the MSRP since the demand is so high.  But I saved time and money on the Yoshi, so overall I am happy.

I think I have already mentioned that a while back, but for the newbies around, I am doing it again.
$6666.00 OTD,  I really like that funky number too :) --- $6,299.00 before anything.

Westfield, IN : (Use their search engine and enter "FZ-07")
http://www.westfieldyamaha.com/default.asp?page=xAllInventory&vt=motorcycle%20/%20scooter#page=xAllInventory&sq=fz-07&vt=motorcycle%20/%20scooter&d=on

Their website is already showing 2016 models. I found a dealership in the area that has a '15 for $6,300 with 2,000 miles. There has to be wiggle room on that, and $6K OTD seems like it would be a good deal if they are willing to knock down the price.

Their website is already showing 2016 models. I found a dealership in the area that has a '15 for $6,300 with 2,000 miles. There has to be wiggle room on that, and $6K OTD seems like it would be a good deal if they are willing to knock down the price.
I bet you they can sell you the 2016 for $6666.00 (OTD). But that also depends on your own state taxes, that might differ from mine, KY. 

Those guys in Westfield are really easy going and strait forward. But the matter who you are dealing with, always ask for the OTD.
The salesman might add some dealer fees, but on the other hand lower the price of the bike..... this means more money in his pocket.
But YOU don't care about all that mambo jambo. All you care is about the OTD.

• Premium Member
belleau1977
I think I have already mentioned that a while back, but for the newbies around, I am doing it again. $6666.00 OTD,  I really like that funky number too :) --- $6,299.00 before anything.

Westfield, IN : (Use their search engine and enter "FZ-07")
http://www.westfieldyamaha.com/default.asp?page=xAllInventory&vt=motorcycle%20/%20scooter#page=xAllInventory&sq=fz-07&vt=motorcycle%20/%20scooter&d=on
When I get back in seven weeks from my Spain short tour for the Air Force I plan on flying to Indianapolis to Westfield Powersports if the biggest dealer in St. Louis won't budge much on the price. Plane tickets are $200 for a one way flight. I'd call Westfield and tell them to hold a bike for me I'll be right over if my local plan falls through. It's 220 miles from where I live and my hometown is 90 miles from Indy so I can stop by home on the way back. That place has some of the best prices in the country on www.cycletrader.com website.

• Premium Member
That's ok. The black frame is fastest - I want to point out that Paulie's (Pgeldz) bike is a red one.
And his bike is niiice.  Black frame is definitely the fastest.
I'd have to agree, Black frame is definitely the fastest, lol!

:)

- Paulie

Quick question: Can you ask the dealer to lower the MSRP? I thought it can't be brought down. It is the price that Yamaha quotes on their site too.

Quick question: Can you ask the dealer to lower the MSRP? I thought it can't be brought down. It is the price that Yamaha quotes on their site too.
MSRP means "Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price" the only thing that dictates how low the dealer can lower the price is how much they are willing to cut off of their bottom line to make you a happy customer. 

There're not going to sell it at a loss. There was a post about "true dealer cost" earlier in the thread. The salesman's gotta eat, the rent for the building has to be paid and the pretty (?) receptionist doesn't subsist on admiration alone.

If you use dealer financing you'll probably find they magically have a lot more room to negotiate. A large multiline dealer that moves a lot of inventory isn't trying to make that month's payroll off your particular sale and so should be a better deal. But if you intend to have a relationship with a dealer, a smaller outfit will likely give you better experience in the long run.

I think a 5-7% commission is fair. If they wanted 200% markups they should be selling "enterprise" storage solutions.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

$8000 OTD. Including a GMax GM54s Helmet w/Light Brake Kit and a pair of Fulmer Textile Gloves

GM54s - $179
Light Kit - $31
Fulmer Gloves - $35
SC Tax is capped at $300
Title and Registration - $75
Dealer Diagnostics Check - $390
FZ-07 - $6990

**Warning: If my bike is on a trailer it is being stolen.**

@ibgroomin it would be helpful if you broke out the line items. What is that a $120 helmet and $20 pair of gloves? Your invoice should allow you to figure what you were charged for the bike+setup+titling fees and then you can subtract out your local taxes etc. $8000 in a 10% sales tax state is a lot different than if it was in a 6% state.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

@pattonme, It's been edited

**Warning: If my bike is on a trailer it is being stolen.**

First post. I am looking at picking up a used fz-07 with 1000 miles on it. Is 6000 dollars reasonable now that the 2016s have already been announced?  The KBB value is something like 5400.  Thanks.  This would be my first road bike but I have been dirt biking for years.  

First post. I am looking at picking up a used fz-07 with 1000 miles on it. Is 6000 dollars reasonable now that the 2016s have already been announced?  The KBB value is something like 5400.  Thanks.  This would be my first road bike but I have been dirt biking for years.  
Less would be nice, sure, but that's not terrible, in my opinion.Tell him to make it $5,990, and you got a deal. 

• Global Moderator
If it was me I would offer $5400 and try to meet in the middle at $5700. It cannot hurt to try, but $6000 does not sound too bad. I would also want proof that the 600 more service was done. If he does not have receipts to prove that I would not be interested. 

Archived