The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

• Global Moderator

I would love to know why they are still selling the 2015 models at the same prices as the 2016s
Was thinking about picking up an fz for my dad... been calling around locally as well as surrounding states... Everyone I've spoken with has the white (the one he wants) for 6500-7000 depending on theirs current incentives.
You would think a 2015 model would drop a bit in price now that the 16s are out
One dealership has quoted me 6900 otd(out of state ttl)

Maybe its just me bu i still think the cost should be quite a bit lower

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bmwpowere36m3

Maybe demand is still high… and '15 are sitting on the showroom, no waiting to receive. Everything dealer I talked to this year when I was buying my FZ-07 said they were super hot, sold quickly and they weren't getting "enough" of them from Yamaha. Plus are there any color differences '15 to '16? Maybe some prefer the '15 colors.

FZ-07s sold very well this year. I got mine for $6700 OTD but had to wait for Yamaha to ship one earlier this spring. The other 4 dealerships wouldn't do it for any less than $7500 OTD and they were all gone by the end of the summer.

• Global Moderator

I didnt think about that @patton... thnx

Ill call out looking for bette prices in december

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 3 weeks later...

I got mines less than 3 weeks ago at a Norcal dealership. They wanted $8500 OTD for Rapid Red FZ-07. I really wanted this so I settled with $7800... could have gotten it lower but my other bike was down and needed one for commute.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought my 2016 in early December from a dealer in Asheville, NC. The bike itself was $6,990. Freight/setup $547.

• Premium Member
I got mines less than 3 weeks ago at a Norcal dealership. They wanted $8500 OTD for Rapid Red FZ-07. I really wanted this so I settled with $7800... could have gotten it lower but my other bike was down and needed one for commute.
Next  bike i buy ill be traveling to the coast for sure...

• 2 weeks later...

New to forum - hey folks. I just picked my 2015 Red FZ07 in November 2015 in Chatsworth CA for $5999 + all fees = $7100 OTD at Wheels In Motion - Great Yam delear.

• Premium Member
I would love to know why they are still selling the 2015 models at the same prices as the 2016s ...
Maybe its just me bu i still think the cost should be quite a bit lower
Well considering the only real difference is the colors, I don't see why they would discount them.  I imagine there is still a market for people that like white and (barf) red.

• Premium Member
Now now @so1102 be nice...some of us like red.
I know I know. Color blindness isn't something to make light of. My bad. :)

I just paid 7300 otd for a 2015 in white in southern california. I emailed the 10 nearest dealerships, and one offered 7600 otd, so i asked the others if they can beat it. Eventually i got them down to 7300, and no one was willing to beat it, only match. also got 20% off my next parts/accessories purchase. This bike will be used for a cross country trip: socal to florida, florida to nyc, nyc to seattle, then back down to socal. Hope this is helpful. Ive never pirchased a new vehicle before and this thread def helped me out.

• Premium Member

My local dealer has a silver/blurple fz07 for $6369. It's winter here and they'd like to move it.
0e3ee99074a852f19125d65818d81173.jpg
d7f4cb49ee841f40b7ba107219de7e0c.jpg

Hi Sane,
Which dealer is this?  I am in Hasting, NE and i am looking to pick an FZ-07 up.  

Thanks

Todd

My local dealer has a silver/blurple fz07 for $6369. It's winter here and they'd like to move it. 0e3ee99074a852f19125d65818d81173.jpg

• Premium Member

Full disclosure: I do not work there, nor will I gain anything for posting the above. :-)

• Premium Member
My local dealer has a silver/blurple fz07 for $6369. It's winter here and they'd like to move it. 0e3ee99074a852f19125d65818d81173.jpg
Great deal!  Snap that baby up right now!!! 

Why can't left turners see us?

New to forum - hey folks. I just picked my 2015 Red FZ07 in November 2015 in Chatsworth CA for $5999 + all fees = $7100 OTD at Wheels In Motion - Great Yam delear.
Nice!  Cheapest Im getting quoted in San Diego is $7,600 OTD, only dealer thats lower doesn't have Raven Black in Stock, maybe Ill make a roadtrip...

• 2 weeks later...

Here in cali, bought mine (2016) during winter a couple weeks ago for $7499 out the door + like about $250 for a 6 year warranty on top of yamahas 1 year.

Are you close to Santa Rosa?

Nice!  Cheapest Im getting quoted in San Diego is $7,600 OTD, only dealer thats lower doesn't have Raven Black in Stock, maybe Ill make a roadtrip...

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so here is my story which I think is pretty cool. In 2014 I really wanted the FZ-09 but my dad and my friends insisted that it was too much of an engine for a beginner like me so I did not buy it. A couple of weeks ago I go to the dealer in Amarillo to buy some parts for an ATV we use at work and found out that the FZ-07 existed and asked for prices and information, dealer price was 6,990. I got in craigslist and find this post about a FZ-07 located in Oklahoma City and asking price was 6,000. Started texting and found out it was a chick, she dropped the price to 5,500 in Cragslist with only 670 miles in it and in mint condition. Closed the deal in 4,800 for a 2015 black graphite in perfect conditions and with only 670 miles.

Let me know if someone has made a better deal.

ok, so here is my story which I think is pretty cool. In 2014 I really wanted the FZ-09 but my dad and my friends insisted that it was too much of an engine for a beginner like me so I did not buy it. A couple of weeks ago I go to the dealer in Amarillo to buy some parts for an ATV we use at work and found out that the FZ-07 existed and asked for prices and information, dealer price was 6,990. I got in craigslist and find this post about a FZ-07 located in Oklahoma City and asking price was 6,000. Started texting and found out it was a chick, she dropped the price to 5,500 in Cragslist with only 670 miles in it and in mint condition. Closed the deal in 4,800 for a 2015 black graphite in perfect conditions and with only 670 miles.  
Let me know if someone has made a better deal.
But did it come with a 7 year warranty? Lol ha! Jk, but that's a killer deal man!

• Global Moderator

Wow @pabogala, that is a great deal. Now we just need some photos. I think the 07 is a much better beginner bike than the 09 would be, but it is still not a beginners bike. If you are careful with it you will be fine. I have been so far and after over a year and a half I am not even close to wanting something more powerful.

Wow @pabogala , that is a great deal. Now we just need some photos. I think the 07 is a much better beginner bike than the 09 would be, but it is still not a beginners bike. If you are careful with it you will be fine. I have been so far and after over a year and a half I am not even close to wanting something more powerful.
And I agree, I am not new to riding motorcycle though, my dad a and brother have touring bimmers and I lived in Guatemala, a country with a lot of mountains, bad roads and crazy traffic and used to go out here and then with their bikes, I did some dirt bike too and know the basics but I am taking one step at a time... I am waiting for the basic motorcycle course to start Feb the 20th and reading "proficient motorcycling" I have not even gone for a ride until I pass the course and read a little bit more of the book but thanks for the advice, I will post pictures here in a bit.

Archived