The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

ok, so here is my story which I think is pretty cool. In 2014 I really wanted the FZ-09 but my dad and my friends insisted that it was too much of an engine for a beginner like me so I did not buy it. A couple of weeks ago I go to the dealer in Amarillo to buy some parts for an ATV we use at work and found out that the FZ-07 existed and asked for prices and information, dealer price was 6,990. I got in craigslist and find this post about a FZ-07 located in Oklahoma City and asking price was 6,000. Started texting and found out it was a chick, she dropped the price to 5,500 in Cragslist with only 670 miles in it and in mint condition. Closed the deal in 4,800 for a 2015 black graphite in perfect conditions and with only 670 miles.  
Let me know if someone has made a better deal.
But did it come with a 7 year warranty? Lol ha! Jk, but that's a killer deal man!

I asked the lady about that and told me she did not know! :( is there anyway to find out about the warranty?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know yamaha offers a 1 year factory warranty. From what I understand, it might be transferable. Maybe call our yamaha dealer and ask. I got an extended 6 years on top of that for another $250 myself (7 years total) ☺

• 2 weeks later...
My local dealer has a silver/blurple fz07 for $6369. It's winter here and they'd like to move it. 0e3ee99074a852f19125d65818d81173.jpg
d7f4cb49ee841f40b7ba107219de7e0c.jpg
Thanks  Sane, I snatched this baby up.  Going to get it next week.   
Cheers

Todd

@tjbierman , I am just curious what your 'out the door' price was on that.
You bet.  It was $6369.  No fees, document or otherwise. 
Nebraska is a little different than other states in that we pay sales tax and plates at the court house.  But the dealer only is collecting $6369.  
It's worth the 650 mile round trip for me to save about $700.
Cheers

Todd

My local dealer has a silver/blurple fz07 for $6369. It's winter here and they'd like to move it. 0e3ee99074a852f19125d65818d81173.jpg
d7f4cb49ee841f40b7ba107219de7e0c.jpg
Thanks  Sane, I snatched this baby up.  Going to get it next week.   
Cheers

Todd
That is a STEAL!! Love that color scheme...

• 3 weeks later...

Pick up my black 2016 this Friday. I had quotes out to 12 different dealers in the area. Best price came in at $7650 OTD. Most the dealers around here were either the $8400 range or the $7800 range. I'm in the Austin / San Antonio TX area.

Guest ChicagoAJ

Got my silver/blue 2016 in Joliet, Illinois a few weeks ago for $7400 OTD. Took a few trips to different dealers and a lot of email forwarding from dealer to dealer for one dealer to go this low. Pretty happy with the price. Dealer was called Willy World Cycles. 

wangshin248
San Jose, CA here. My friend just picked up a 2016 Blue/silver for 8k flat OTD.
it's crazy, im trying to sell my bike for 7200, full upgraded 

it's crazy, im trying to sell my bike for 7200, full upgraded
People don't like to pay for other people's upgrades ... common problem when trying to sell a used bike.  In CA, I'd have to pay another $630 tax on your price ($7830 total), or I could go to the dealer and buy them for $8k otd all day long for $170 more for brand new ...

homeslice78

I'm ready to purchase. The dealership here in Charlotte NC is selling for a sale price $6399 but out the door after taxes and fees will be $8004 ???? anyone else have to pay THAT much in taxes tag title and maint fees?

• Premium Member
I'm ready to purchase. The dealership here in Charlotte NC is selling for a sale price $6399 but out the door after taxes and fees will be $8004 ???? anyone else have to pay THAT much in taxes tag title and maint fees?

Call around and you should be able to get a better deal. Probably about 7600$ or maybe even much less than that.
Also, check the Costco pricing because sometimes they get people better deals than local dealers.

dentalprodigy
Thanks. I called and found a place an hour away that has an out the door price of $6999!!
Killer price

Costco price at the primary local dealer in Phoenix was $7830 OTD. I'll keep looking on the used market...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Also, check the Costco pricing because sometimes they get people better deals than local dealers.
Any good way to check Costco pricing without a Costco account? I just want to get a number to float to dealers to beat to start a conversation of OTD negotiation. If anyone can take a look, home ZIP is 19131.

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

• Premium Member

i believe that you need a costco account. try and find a buddy with one.

Just bought my '15 FZ (Graphite/ Blurple) with 71 miles, yes only 71 miles, for $5300. Found it on craigslist. The seller was moving and needed it gone fast. And it already had the yoshi fender eliminator. I'm beyond stoked. Just came from a Ninja 300 and the FZ is so much more fun.

Archived