The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

$6700 otd for a 2016 (green) at Ask Powersports in Columbus Ohio. A dude bought it, had it shipped directly to his house, and promptly drove it back to the dealership with 15 miles on it. He was an Enduro guy, said he hated it. So technically it was used, but I also got The three-year yes warranty. it was kind of funny to hear a couple of the technicians talk about how they almost bought the bike themselves.

Green?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$6700 otd for a 2016 (green) at Ask Powersports in Columbus Ohio. A dude bought it, had it shipped directly to his house, and promptly drove it back to the dealership with 15 miles on it. He was an Enduro guy, said he hated it. So technically it was used, but I also got The three-year yes warranty. it was kind of funny to hear a couple of the technicians talk about how they almost bought the bike themselves.
Green?

Sorry-Armor Gray. They SHOULDA incorporated green into the color name imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't post at all; I've been saving cash to buy an FZ outright.

When do dealers start discounting bikes left over from last year? I've always bought used so I figured I'd ask on this forum rather than spending an entire day on the phone or going to several dealerships to ask in person.

Are there any inside sources on here that would know a great time to plan a walk in with cash?

• 2 weeks later...
and I had cash, but I guess cash doesn't talk to dealers anymore

Dealerships like payments with interest. No interest and lower price is not really what they are looking for. That's why car salesmen always pump you for how you will be financing the purchase, so they know if they can offer a small discount if they are getting the payments.

I don't post at all; I've been saving cash to buy an FZ outright.

When do dealers start discounting bikes left over from last year? I've always bought used so I figured I'd ask on this forum rather than spending an entire day on the phone or going to several dealerships to ask in person.

Are there any inside sources on here that would know a great time to plan a walk in with cash?

I have heard that the month of February is the best time to buy a motorcycle. Because it's the shortest month and in winter, their sales are usually lower, so they might be more willing to budge just to sell a bike. 

Next Motorcycle in Huntington Beach, California gave me a printed bill of sale for both a 2016 Raven for $7,805.73 OTD, and a 2017 Rapid Red w/ ABS for $8,354.17 OTD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
Just picked mine up today, 6500 flat out the door. Didn't even have to haggle.
Congrats and welcome to the club.  Where are you located?  That is a fantastic price. 

Just picked mine up today, 6500 flat out the door. Didn't even have to haggle.
Congrats and welcome to the club.  Where are you located?  That is a fantastic price. 
Thank you! I live in NH but purchased it in MA at Billerica Motorsports. They have 2 left in different colors at the same price. I can't wait until the snow melts and it warms up so I can ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I just picked up a new (zero miles) 2017 FZ-07 ABS for US$8157 OTD including Tax,Tag & Title at my local Tampa Florida area dealer. 
Not the greatest deal but a fair deal IMO. I got a $500 better deal at the showroom than I was quoted online at the same dealer. So much for internet pricing being better.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my new black 2016 FZ-07 on April 4 for a closeout price of $6,500 at the dealer in Tigard, OR. Also a no haggle deal.

On the road price at the current ultra-high dollar is the eqv. of $14000 here now for a new bike. I paid the eqv. of 9500 for my 2015 with 4200 mi and lots of goodies.

BTW, with a more typical exchange rate based upon average over time, the new price would be the eqv. of $17000.

• 2 weeks later...
hamfist33

I just bought my raven 2016 fz07 for $7200 OTD at Thousand Oaks Powersports. They had it listed for sale at $5399 and after freight and setup it came to $6,600 cash price. Tax/title brought it to $7200. I thought the fees were ridiculous so I tried to haggle the fees but they wouldn't budge a penny. I even walked out and they let me! Came back a few days later as they still had the best price around lol. Anyway, happy with the purchase, happy with the staff, they were nice even though they were firm.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought mine privately, 2015 pearl white, Yoshimura carbon exhaust, Woodcraft clip-ons, Power Commander V, Yoshimura Fender Eliminator, all LED lights, custom grips, 4.000 miles on it, tires are like new, all showroom condition, the guy was taking care of his bike like his baby, he included all OEM parts with it too... paid $4,300 cash. Feel lucky.

Archived