The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

Agv horizon. Has built in sun visor so I don't have to worry about tinted visor at night. Great airflow, good price, light but has a larger shell size due to the drop down sun visor. I love the dropped point at the chin, really helps reduce cold air hitting my chin and neck and it looks good. Check it out on Revzilla, they have a review video on it.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-horizon-helmets-solids

I have the gloss black. Depending on your face shape certain brands will be better for you. Oval shaped heads fit scorpion and suomy well. Round heads fit arai really well. A lot of brands use a neutral shape to target a larger market. Best to try some on after deciding which shape your head is and then find what you like and fits properly. Then go buy it online, you'll find it cheaper online than in a shop.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone imported a Euro helmet and had any trouble with the police (no DOT sticker)? I'm finding that some of the Euro retailers have the Euro spec version for ~$100 less than RevZilla and the like.

Dot or snell only, you will get hit for that. Importing a helmet will almost cost you $100 so there really isn't any point.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Icon Airmada Colossal Sepia, Can't go wrong with ECE and DOT certification:

icon_airmada_colossal_helmet_zoom.jpg

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Anybody here ever use a Schuberth helmet? My current helmet is noisy as hell, and the C3 Pro is supposedly the quietest helmet on the market.
I'm digging the Intensity graphic.
schuberth-c3-pro-intensity-helmets-whiteblue-2.jpg

Anybody here ever use a Schuberth helmet? My current helmet is noisy as hell, and the C3 Pro is supposedly the quietest helmet on the market. I'm digging the Intensity graphic.
schuberth-c3-pro-intensity-helmets-whiteblue-2.jpg

Never used them personally, but I hear they are quality stuff.

I've only used Bell helmets for the last 40 years - they match the shape of my head best. Currently have a RS-1.

About 15 years ago there was a lot of concern with the local racing club (LRRS) that the only people who were getting head injuries were the ones wearing helmets with plastic/polycarbonite outer shells. I can't remember if they banned the plastic-shelled lids, but I know they strongly recommended using fiberglass or carbon fiber shells. I know I took a pretty solid whack with my fiberglass Bell and didn't suffer any ill effects at all. Since I retired from racing soon after, I don't know if they ever changed their position about the plastic shells.

Guest daufcguy

I didn't read the last 18 pages so if im repeating i apologize. i use the Bilt techno evolution modular helmet from cycle gear, it $240 and has a 5 year warranty (anything goes wrong with it, take it to the store and swap it out for a new one, i did this when a speaker failed on mine, very painless) the built in retractable sun visor is nice as is the the built in bluetooth, my lady and I both own this helmet and we use it to communicate while riding. I also use the bluetooth for turn by turn gps and to listen to music, its a nice, basic system for the price.

• Premium Member

I have the Icon Airmada with the blue mirror shield

38a1afdb375f3e7e05df1cfa61eaa974_zpsgipbdjfg.jpg

[/img]I wear a Scorpion full face with drop down sun visor and internal pump for a better fit.[attachment id=83" thumbnail="1][attachment id=84" thumbnail="1][attachment id=85" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

HJC RPHA Max in silver from a local store. Demo model, got it for just over $300 out the door. Got home washed the innards and I love it, especially the internal flip down sunshield. I went through 3, or was it 4?, helmets that I ordered online because they looked cool, but when I got them they didn't fit right, or in the case of the Shark Evoline 3, was way to wide a helmet and I looked like an astronaut. Finally went with the HJC and glad I did as it's pretty quiet and has good dome ventilation.

@fooschnickens:  what's the airflow on that one like?  I was looking at it or the Neotec for super hot days here in Phoenix.  I currently use a Nolan N104, but I would love something with more airflow, even if it is louder (foamy earplugs are cheap).
It's pretty good for me, but I've never really had any issues with overheating no matter what helmet I've worn. It's definitely the most stable I've worn and this is clearly evident as soon as I turn my head to the side to check my blind spot. they designed it to be VERY low drag when facing forward and it shows. Wind noise isn't that bad, either, thanks to the design of it, I can still just *barely* hear the stock exhaust above it at city speeds. I'm anxious to see how well the Sena 20S drowns everything out, it'll be getting in tomorrow.

Im running a sena 20s on my gt air, made just a tiny difference on wind noise, speakers do sound better though

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Some very nice hats posted!

My original helmet was an open face with a varivisor attached. Loved that hat and had it for many years. My current hat is much the same but with a built in visor. Cheapie hjc.

I cannot take to fullface hats. I've tried modular and they still suck and they are too heavy.

• Global Moderator

I am the exact opposite. I would feel naked in an open face helmet. With a face like mine it would be a crime not to protect it :).

fooschnickens
It's pretty good for me, but I've never really had any issues with overheating no matter what helmet I've worn. It's definitely the most stable I've worn and this is clearly evident as soon as I turn my head to the side to check my blind spot. they designed it to be VERY low drag when facing forward and it shows. Wind noise isn't that bad, either, thanks to the design of it, I can still just *barely* hear the stock exhaust above it at city speeds. I'm anxious to see how well the Sena 20S drowns everything out, it'll be getting in tomorrow.
Im running a sena 20s on my gt air, made just a tiny difference on wind noise, speakers do sound better though
Yeah, it doesn't totally drown it out, but in a way I kinda like it because I can sorta gauge my speed without having to glance down at the speedo. I'm definitely glad to have music again, and to be able to do so wirelessly. My only gripe with it so far is that voice dialing is very hit or miss, but I can't decide if its the fault of the Sena or Google's voice service on my phone.  

I am the exact opposite. I would feel naked in an open face helmet. With a face like mine it would be a crime not to protect it :).
[video src=https://youtu.be/jVDN8yR3ig0]  

Beemer

• 4 weeks later...

Shoei RF-1200http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b409/chriswilkin22/photo%201_zpsqczueycf.jpg
http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b409/chriswilkin22/photo%202_zpslqcbxcc0.jpg

Icon Variant Contructhttp://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b409/chriswilkin22/photo%204_zpssrs0labp.jpg
http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b409/chriswilkin22/photo%203_zpsesfg6wz2.jpg

ShoeiPros: EXTREMELY comfortable.[span]    [/span][span]     Less wind noise than the Icon[/span][span][span]         Strap doesn't irritate my neck [/span][/span][span][span]         Very aerodynamic.[/span][/span][span][span]         Never fogs because of pinlock[/span][/span][span][span]         Easy to change visor[/span][/span][span][span]Cons: Could have a bit more airflow[/span][/span][span][span]         Inside liner could have been a bit more attractive[/span][/span][span][span]
[/span][/span][span][span]Icon[/span][/span][span][span]Pros: Looks[/span][/span][span][span]Cons: Air turbulence especially on a windy day.[/span][/span][span][span]         Strap is super irritating on my neck[/span][/span][span][span]        Not easy to change visor[/span][/span][span][span]        Strange feeling cheek pads[/span][/span][span][span]All in all I almost ALWAYS wear my Shoei. Although I like to wear the Icon still when I wanna' show off... 8-)
[/span][/span][span][span]Lets see em![/span][/span][span][span]
[/span][/span]

[attachment id=222" thumbnail="1]Mine is a Scorpion EXO 1100 with dual upper chip clips and lower snack holder to keep your energy up on those long trips. It breathes pretty well and has a cheek pump for a more custom fit and a flip down interior sun visor.

Beemer

pantheraleo

Scorpion EXO 2000.

f166aa78a09b6cfe8fe3859ad0289710.jpg

Here is my review of it.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member

Got the RF -1200 also and I am very happy with it!

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Archived