The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Mine is a Scorpion EXO 1100 with dual upper chip clips and lower snack holder to keep your energy up on those long trips. It breathes pretty well and has a cheek pump for a more custom fit and a flip down interior sun visor.
Everything's better with bacon! 
Here's mine:

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_7652_zps9c095863_1.jpg

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Got the RF -1200 also and I am very happy with it!
Yeah I can honestly say theres nothing else I could look for in a helmet :) 

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Icon Airmada Colossal, I dig the nautical theme:

icon_airmada_colossal_helmet_zoom.jpg

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

SHOEI RF-1200 Matte Black with dark smoke visor and UCLEAR bluetooth system.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Arai RX-Q (diamond white color) with Arai Pro shade system.IMG_1011_zps2i2swymb.jpg

How do you like the uclear??

• Premium Member

The UCLEAR system works great. People are able to hear me going down the road at 80 mph. Also the speakers are very loud. Is scares the crap out of me sometimes when i get a text message or an email. Phone calls don't startle me. Speakers on both sides and you can listen to music as well or GPS instructions.

Bell RS-1 Liners in pearl white with the transsions lens. I like the asymmetrical design. Goes well with white fz 07. Can't wait until they both arive at the dealer on Thursday.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
The UCLEAR system works great. People are able to hear me going down the road at 80 mph. Also the speakers are very loud. Is scares the crap out of me sometimes when i get a text message or an email. Phone calls don't startle me. Speakers on both sides and you can listen to music as well or GPS instructions.
the earbuds from uclear are outstanding.  the only complaint i have with uclear is the cost of the ptt system (for two-way radios). other than that complaint: they work really well. 

-HowWorkClutch

• Global Moderator
Bell RS-1 Liners in pearl white with the transsions lens. I like the asymmetrical design. Goes well with white fz 07. Can't wait until they both arive at the dealer on Thursday.

I have the transitions visor. I would not buy a helmet without one now. It is fantastic.

the earbuds from uclear are outstanding.  the only complaint i have with uclear is the cost of the ptt system (for two-way radios). other than that complaint: they work really well.

I was really worrying about music quality seeing how thin the speakers were. Luckily I don't need a two way so all I need is a 100 series

• Premium Member

just want you to know that the system or speakers aren't set up for quality music. The speakers are loud but don't think you're going to get lows, mids, and highs.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

i used the speakers for awhile, but i have several different helmets and got tired of having to move everything around. i got the earbuds from uclear and am extremely pleased with them. music sounds great. phone sounds great. when my partner is on her bike i can hear her fine over the intercom.

back to the topic: i have a shoei full face and a cheap cycle-gear 3/4 (with motocross goggles) that i use most of the time. the shoei fits nice and is very quiet but sometimes i just want the wind in my beard.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
Shoei RF-1000, love it... but its a few years old now.
I've got an old RF-900 that I really like.  It's quieter than anything else I own. I "upgraded" to the RF-1100 which, although it vents much better, and therefore better on a hot day, it's much noisier than my RF-900.
I now have a Lazer Kite full carbon that I really like.  About as quiet as the RF-900 and vents better, but I don't think the ventilation is as good as the RF-1100, so I might have to switch over to that on hot days.

Why can't left turners see us?

I have the transitions visor. I would not buy a helmet without one now. It is fantastic.
I am with you on that too.  I have an rs-1 with transition and love that lens.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived