The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Just got a Shoei Neotec, to replace a four years old AGV Miglia.

I am a crazy Physics Prof. Beware :o:)

Just installed this in my Reevu MSX-1. Can hardly tell the helmet has Bluetooth. 20150912_181859.jpg
images hosting

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Anyways, I was wondering how you like your Reevu helmet? I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one but the reviews seem to be love it or hate it.

• Premium Member

I like the helmet. The rearview system may take a minute to get use to but once you do then its good. I replaced the rear visor with a clear one instead of the mirrored one it came with. The images are much brighter and clearer. I like the idea of the quick release chin strap but i feel they could of put a little more material under it for comfort. I've just snapped it a little loser to make up for that.

Thanks for the speedy response. I think I'm going to go ahead and pick one up seeing that my bar end mirrors offer crappy visibility (although they look damn good). Wish I could afford to preorder the Skully.

• Premium Member
Thanks for the speedy response. I think I'm going to go ahead and pick one up seeing that my bar end mirrors offer crappy visibility (although they look damn good). Wish I could afford to preorder the Skully. 

I wouldn't worry about the skully. That's too much money for an unproven helmet. They should of passed that technology to a company with proven experience like Shoei, Arai, AGV, ETC. If you get the Reevu and you want a dark shield for the front then I'd order them both at the same time.

• Premium Member
Gotta love Shoei build quality!
I agree. Everything in the helmet is smooth, thight and operates properly. When the face shield shuts, it's like a bank vault.
Marco
I am a crazy Physics Prof. Beware :o:)

• 1 month later...

I have a Shoei GT Air Exposure in black and white with a small bit of red. Nice helmet, I was undecided between that and the Shoei NXR, both great helmets, the NXR is lighter though

• 4 weeks later...

Icon Airframe Pro, Pharoah graphic. Pretty intense but I usually do muted or blacked out and wanted something a lil broghter. Awesome so far, but pretty loud.

realtalkdiddy

Shark RAW Blank Matte Black and Bell Revolver EVO Warp Red ....love them both, but think I like the Shark a little better.

Everything You Want Is On The Other Side Of Fear

Guest 2wheeler

A buddy of mine is a long term accessory guy at the local bike shop. A couple years ago he recommended what he called the best of the cheapy helmets - a Fulmar M1. That Fulmer is a modular helmet which I have been using for several years. It is not the lightest or the most quiet, but it is a very comfortable and solid fit for me. The latching mechanism works great. At a cost of $150, it is a great way to get into the modular world on the cheap, and as in my case, I don't feel the need to upgrade. Don't get me wrong, if somebody wants to give me a high end Shoei or Arai modular for Christmas, I would surely take it.

It is DOT only though.

http://www.fulmerhelmets.com/helmets/modular/m1/

cb3ff8623a66703815fcea2236ffdc6e.jpg

8dd87b5b112751e61823ad6046cf3468.jpg

Do you know what head shape that helmet fits?? I really like the style. Thanks,,,, BTW I have a long oval and I wear a signet GT Arai.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

cb3ff8623a66703815fcea2236ffdc6e.jpg

8dd87b5b112751e61823ad6046cf3468.jpg

Do you know what head shape that helmet fits?? I really like the style. Thanks,,,, BTW I have a long oval and I wear a signet GT Arai.

My head is more round than oval. I have tried on Arai and they were the most comfortable and some of the most expensive helmets.

This is my first helmet and do not have much to compare it too. That said, I believe people would consider this helmet to be a noisy one.

- xCarbonSteelx

I think it's a bit funny. When I started riding motorcycles 40 something years ago, Arai and Shoei were the cheapest real helmets you could buy... Japanese and nobody would touch 'em . They were light AND well made , but the fact they were Japanese meant sub par to most people. I suspect there are a few on the market with a similiar modern equivalent but we don't know which ones yet.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wear an HJC CL-17, matte black XL

I had a terrible time finding a lid to fit my big noggin'. Do all HJC helmets fit the same?

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
I wear an HJC CL-17, matte black XL 
I had a terrible time finding a lid to fit my big noggin'. Do all HJC helmets fit the same?
When I was looking for a helmet last year I tried on the HJC CL-17 based on my head size, but it had hot spots that hurt after wearing a few minutes.  I later learned that my head is more intermediate oval shaped and the CL-17 helmet is for more neutral or round head shapes.  I did try on the HJC RPHA-10 helmet, which fit me fine with no hot spots. The RPHA-10 is designed for more intermediate oval shaped heads, which explains why it fit me with no issues. However, I purchased the ARAI RX-Q helmet because of their reputation and fit (designed for intermediate oval shaped heads).

Archived