The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much Bilt coverage here. Last helmet was an HJC modular. Now a Bilt Demon modular. I have an oval shaped head that's hard to find a helmet for.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member

I have a very long oval head and the Shoei RF-1200 is great, only issue I'm having are with the cheek pads trying to tear my ears off when I take the helmet on and off.

I'm not sure if I'm going to replace the cheek pads until the helmet is fully broken in, because they fit perfectly on my cheeks -- just tear up my ears. D:

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

Shoei Neotec I like the internal flip visor and the air vents, the modular function is also nice.
I wasn't planning on spending so much on a helmet but it was the most comfortable one I could find and I got a discount through Costco.
051386c578bfa490d76c33da8ce90906.jpg

How'd you get a discount through Costco? Do they sell them occasionally? Anyone know?

Shoei Neotec I like the internal flip visor and the air vents, the modular function is also nice.
I wasn't planning on spending so much on a helmet but it was the most comfortable one I could find and I got a discount through Costco.
051386c578bfa490d76c33da8ce90906.jpg
How'd you get a discount through Costco? Do they sell them occasionally? Anyone know?

Through the Costco auto program you can get discounts from local dealers. With the discounted price it ended up being $50 (give or take) cheaper than online. They sent me an email with a coupon to take to the dealer, but I just mentioned it and they applied the discount without looking at the coupon.

Through the Costco auto program you can get discounts from local dealers. With the discounted price it ended up being $50 (give or take) cheaper than online. They sent me an email with a coupon to take to the dealer, but I just mentioned it and they applied the discount without looking at the coupon.

Whoa, that program applies to gear!? I thought it was just for cars/bikes/watercraft. I'll check it out, thanks!

Love this with the integrated Sena and transition visor. My other helmet is a first gen Scorpion EXO Transformer Modular.

bell_qualifier_dlx_devil_may_care_helmet_detail.jpg

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-qualifier-dlx-devil-may-care-helmet

Just got a brand new Shoei GT air.
Comfortable and with good ventilation and sun visor that actually works. Comes with pinlock, breath deflector for keeping it off the visor and a chin piece at the bottom. The chin thing I had to remove as the breath could not escape fast enough not to fog upp my glasses, otherwise all is good.

nyqe3ugu.jpg 
Shoei light and comfy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ride the Same helmet. Totally worth every dollar. Top of the line quality, different aize padding available, quite and it's very light.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently have an AGV K5 in matt silver.
It's matching with the theme of the bike (Matt grey)
Im planning an upgrade with the AGV GT VELOCE or AGV EVO NAKED CARBON

I have two AGV's. 
AGV AX8 Evo Naked - Carbon Fury
IMG_2142_zpsj81eejfb.jpg

AGV GT Veloce - gloss black
IMG_2144_zpsewsexeni.jpg

Just saw this ! I would love have your opinion for both of them. The struggle is real

I have had a lot of brands. Hjc and speed and strength mostly.

A month ago my buddy got an icon...I tried it on...and bought one that day. Its like a cloud.

Hurt like hell breaking it in but it fits perfect and feels like I'm not even wearing anything at all

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_5138.jpg

Bought it from www.motocard.com, not available there anymore. Some good deals from this Spanish company!

Safe riding!

• 3 weeks later...

SHOEI RF-12HUNNIT

How many of you would rather deal with a little fog instead of using the pinlock?
How many are using a breath guard?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_13bf.jpg

SHOEI RF-12HUNNIT 
How many of you would rather deal with a little fog instead of using the pinlock?
How many are using a breath guard?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_13bf.jpg

No pinlock attached. Breath guard build in. With controlled breathing fog is a non issue.

Archived