The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

SHOEI RF-12HUNNIT 
How many of you would rather deal with a little fog instead of using the pinlock?
How many are using a breath guard?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_13bf.jpg

I haven't used the pinlock yet..only fogging is at a stop, I just crack the visor at these times by 1 click.

Breathing guard and chin curtain work well in motion.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

I use all three -- pinlock, breathing guard, and chin curtain.

I didn't use the pinlock at first because I felt it was unnecessary when it only fogged up at stops, which I would just 1 click up at that point. Then I had a 35 degree, humid morning and that changed my mind.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

I use all three -- pinlock, breathing guard, and chin curtain. 
I didn't use the pinlock at first because I felt it was unnecessary when it only fogged up at stops, which I would just 1 click up at that point. Then I had a 35 degree, humid morning and that changed my mind.

Yep, pinlock all the way, all year.
Breathing guard too - it doesn't really interfere with the sight.

Safe riding!

• Premium Member

I too do not use pinlock. And since I will not ride in 35 degree no matter what, humid or dry, one click open and I am good.
Marco
I am a crazy Physics Prof. Beware :o:)

On a tangent note: How do you like the RF-1200? Looking to pick one up soon if I can find a good deal.

On a tangent note: How do you like the RF-1200? Looking to pick one up soon if I can find a good deal.

I love it! I have the GT-Air, because I liked the graphics and had a great deal, but was originally looking into the RF-1200 as it is sportier (designed more for tucking).
It is a nice fibre helmet with the typical shoei quality.

Safe riding!

This is my first helmet so I have nothing to compare it to.
I picked it up because it was smaller than the Shoei Qwest, it was listed as one of the quietest helmets and it came in brilliant yellow.
I still use earplugs on long rides though.

As my instructor (in Switzerland) bumped my helmet off my bike and broke the visor, I decided to take the opportunity to pick up a new helmet - I had an AGV K3 Rossi replica, with a donkey on my helmet... Don't ask, I didn't pay for it and it did the job fine.

So I picked up an X-lite 802RR Ultra Carbon - man this thing is light! And super comfortable on the inside! I just need to finish moving the Sena SMH-10R to it, and this will be my riding in the city helmet! I still would want to try out an Arai RX-7 GP, as I like the shape of it, but I'm pretty happy with this one.

Arai defiant pro cruise ordered!! Hoping for delivery Friday from Revzilla. Excited and nervous, that's a lot of $ for a helmet. Will eventually have to drop more for a mirrored visor and a proper blue tooth

Arai defiant pro cruise ordered!! Hoping for delivery Friday from Revzilla. Excited and nervous, that's a lot of $ for a helmet. Will eventually have to drop more for a mirrored visor and a proper blue tooth

You will definitely love the ventilation and upright aerodynamics. The brow vents and shade system is definitely a plus. As far as Bluetooth, there is a thread on this somewhere here already.

You will definitely love the ventilation and upright aerodynamics. The Brownvents and shade system is definitely a plus.
Huge upgrade over my scorpion exo1100.

You will definitely love the ventilation and upright aerodynamics. The Brownvents and shade system is definitely a plus.
Huge upgrade over my scorpion exo1100.
Haha, got the reply in before your edit :P

I guarantee that you will never go back, if....you're an "Arai head."
That's the hope. If it doesn't fit right I'll be trying the shoei gt air

I guarantee that you will never go back, if....you're an "Arai head."
That's the hope. If it doesn't fit right I'll be trying the shoei gt air

??, I'm actually opposite, tried the whole Shoei lineup...all nope tried Arai, like pillow heaven.

Came with silicone lubricant. What's that for??
Oh, you know what it's for. ;) Lol JK I have no idea. Maybe to lub the hinges? Haha

So chatting with customer service at revzilla, the lube is for the visor gasket. He said it should be applied once a season.

He said the cheek pads should be super soft and not scratchy, and I could return it if Im not happy with it....

Not helpful whaaaaaa!!!  :'(   

I should be through the roof while joy!!!  not wondering if I should have just gotten the shoei gt air instead.

Cant test it, or break it in as it cant be returned at that point. Makes this quite difficult especially since I cant try them on side by side. But I do remember when I tried the shoei I thought its super comfy, this arai not so much..

I dont know what to do...

HELP

Sorry to hear that, man. Scratchy and Arai don't go together. All my helmets have been Arai, this is the first time hearing about this...

I have decided the arai defiant pro cruise is going back. Unfortunately. I really wanted to love this helmet. But it didn't wow me. And for that amount of money I should be wowed. When I tried on a shoei gt air I was amazed at how comfortable it was. This arai doest feel that way. Starting with scratchy cheek pads. Then lifting the back it rotates "up/forward" too easily, and pushing on the chin it moved too easily to my face. So the fitment isn't right either. Also I feel it takes too much force to unlock and lift the visor, if i was racing this would be a fantastic feature. But as a daily driver not so much. I was looking forward to their pressure system instead of the detents. That is not to say it is a bad helmet, just not right for me. Great disappointment as I really wanted the 2015 snell rating with all the comforts this helmet offers. I will have to "settle" for a shoei gt air.

Archived