The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always had hi viz except for 1 mirrored/chrome helmet. Kinda think the hi viz is over the top on the defiant and would be on the gt air as well. The shoei I tried on was red and gorgeous, so red it will be. Though now that you ask I guess I should see if they came out with any new graphics.

GT-Air: After breaking-in - perfect! 4hrs on my head and still comfy. :)

But again, this is my head's shape, hehe.

P.D.: my Scorpion EXO-1000 fit me great too, if it helps, both helmets being the same size (L).

Safe riding!

Picked up an AGV K5 a couple of weeks ago - matte black. Beautiful helmet and fits like a glove (I'm typically a 'large' and it fits true to size 59-61 cm). Very comfortable/lightweight, good airflow, wind noise not too bad and tinted visor is a god send for me here in the Carolinas. Breath deflector seems to work well so far. As of now, no complaints at all about this helmet!

Picked up an AGV K5 a couple of weeks ago - matte black. Beautiful helmet and fits like a glove (I'm typically a 'large' and it fits true to size 59-61 cm). Very comfortable/lightweight, good airflow, wind noise not too bad and tinted visor is a god send for me here in the Carolinas. Breath deflector seems to work well so far. As of now, no complaints at all about this helmet!
On closeout too at revzilla, Nice

This just came in today. First helmet, but seems nice. Fit is spot on as far as I can tell, though I think I may change out the cheek inserts for one size smaller. Don't like the included pinlock visor as it as a blue tint. Was eyeballing the photochromic pinlock, but it's a pricey add-on.

80812_Shoei_2016_Rf_1200_Parameter_Motorcycle_Helmet.png

image hosting for forums

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a Scorpion EXO-AT950 yesterday from revzilla and it will be here tomorrow. (That shipping time tho) I'll let you know what I think of it Tomorrow when I get it in hand

*Update: I got the helmet, but I got a size too small.... -_- I need to return it now and get the correct size. smh

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
RX-Q & XD4, comfortable from the start... 

IMG_4967.jpg

image upload for forums

IMG_5470.jpg

So you own a Shoei GT Air, an Arai RX-Q and  an Arai XD4?  That's a nice collection!  Which do you prefer as a daily driver?  How does the XD4 stack up?  I love the looks of the XD4 and have considered that or the [a href=https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-hornet-x2-helmet]Shoei Hornet X2[/a]  but I'm just not sure about the ADV style on the freeway. 

Why can't left turners see us?

I only have the 2 Arais. To comment on the XD4, they have come a long way with the redesign of the peak. If I know I am doing a lot of highway and "touring", all I do is adjust the peak all the way down. No complaints, strains or head shakes at 75+mph. Also, I ride a Hyper, so my front screen is barely, if none at all.

The Shoei X2 is ideal if you do a lot more asphalt and no off-roading, if any. For me, the weight, vents, visor, for those really sunny commutes and ability to run goggles and able to close the shield with goggles on is a plus. It also depends what type of rider your are: commuter, hooligan, adv/ dual sport riding, touring... will determine what helmet would be right for you. But... if you want aerodynamics, quietness, etc, nothing beats a full face helmet for long periods on the highway, touring, etc.

Let's put it this way, both helmets are in front of me at all times before I head out, for me, 70% of the time, I grab the XD4 and a pair of Oakleys (clear lense), just in case, the majority of the time.

• Premium Member
IMG_4645.jpg
this will give you an idea of my front wind protection...
With the nice fairing around the headlight, it doesn't look much worse than the FZ with my Givi. :)   So, is the XD4 your goto? 
Edit: Nevermind, you answered before this hit. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

Yep, plus if the wind really gets out of hand, carry a $.05 piece to remove visor. Keep in mind, I've never had to do that, ever... and I leave near the beach, so sometimes it gets pretty windy here.

• 1 month later...

IMG_6628.jpg
I'm in love with the XD4! Got a little hot here in Va Bch and rocked Oakley Crowbars to give me more airflow. Note: without removing the faceshield! Go Arai!

A cheapo $30 helmet.

My friend is right. A $100-$200 helmet won't protect you from a frontal collision at high speed, but will protect you just as good as a cheap $30 helmet for the fall on the ground.
That's what a helmet originally is made for.
To protect your head from hitting the floor.

Some helmets might have carbon fiber, and cost an arm and a leg.
They might protect your head from that fall at a 200MPH slide, while a regular ABS plastic helmet probably protects you only up to 80-100MPH.
And that speed range is good enough for me.

Archived