The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

I have a shoei x-eleven with memorial daijiro kato graphics and I just picked up an Icon battle scar. Its pretty comfortable.

3u8eva3e.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Another RF-1200 owner here! I was expecting it to be a lot quieter than my old $100 Bilt modular helmet but it isnt. Still a great buy tho!
Do you have the chin skirt in? It helps tremendously. 

Killafornia

Another RF-1200 owner here! I was expecting it to be a lot quieter than my old $100 Bilt modular helmet but it isnt. Still a great buy tho!
Do you have the chin skirt in? It helps tremendously.
That'll probably help! I dont think I'm gonna put that til it gets really cold. What do u have on the side of ur helmet? Bluetooth? Camera?

Guest montana07
Never was a fan of graphics/patterns until I saw this baby (RF-1200): 
nyvuzuza.jpg

I'm certain Hi Viz Brian from Revzilla would approve...He's on here somewhere, isn't he?
Man I love the RF-1200 Beacon.  I went with the RF-1200 in solid white but now sort of regret not shelling out the extra cash for the RF-1200 Beacon in red.  But $100 is a good bit of money. 

Last week I realized my Shoei RF-1000 helmet was six years old. Bought a new RF-1200. Very nice. I'm normally not one to match gear color to bike color, but I just really liked the white better than the other available colors. And yes , I'm one of those dorks that use mirrored visors.

za3a5y6u.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Another RF-1200 owner here! gy8y4u2a.jpg I was expecting it to be a lot quieter than my old $100 Bilt modular helmet but it isnt. Still a great buy tho!

I love the red! Since I have a red FZ07 and a silver helmet (matches my cruiser) I've been wanting a red helmet! This looks great!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bought this when I originally thought I was getting my first bike 15 or so years ago. Been holding onto it to help keep the dream of owning my own bike alive. Looks like I'll finally get to use it soon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=232636&d=1158373936

Bought this when I originally thought I was getting my first bike 15 or so years ago. Been holding onto it to help keep the dream of owning my own bike alive. Looks like I'll finally get to use it soon. 

attachment.php?attachmentid=232636&d=1158373936
Lmao i think helmets have like a 5 year shelf life and after that they get no good, personally i wouldn't ride with a 15 year old helmet mate xD But to each his own i guess  

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

• Global Moderator

I just bought a Bell RS-1 today. I think it ties my jacket and bike together nicely. 
1dc7eec0fba54bb1a161288d71924ba4_zps261d63dc.jpg

• Premium Member
So i applied to the Beta for this last year. They go on sale this year I got an email about a month ago... I really hope I get in the beta test.... 
Behold, and be in awe...

http://www.skullysystems.com/

That's cool, albeit very pricy. If you don't get in beta, you can check out Nuviz. It's a HUD that attaches to any existing helmet with a chin bar, and about half the price. The kickstarter just ended so the first ones are being developed before full market availability

http://www.ridenuviz.com/#intro

Oh and those predator helmets are cool, but they're vanity helmets - meaning not much real protection for your noggin.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
Last week I realized my Shoei RF-1000 helmet was six years old. Bought a new RF-1200. Very nice. I'm normally not one to match gear color to bike color, but I just really liked the white better than the other available colors. And yes , I'm one of those dorks that use mirrored visors. 

I've always wondered what the white 1200 looked like with a chrome shield. Thanks! Ever use it at night? 

Not yet. However, I had a similar visor on my last helmet. It's not too bad, but enough of a tint to be annoying. I prefer clear at night.

Not sure about your area, but some municipalities have laws against using tinted visors at night.

Oh and those predator helmets are cool, but they're vanity helmets - meaning not much real protection for your noggin.

Haha those gotta be for tools. I have never seen one of those before!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Bell RS-1 Corsa for me... as well as an AFX FX-39 helmet when I ride my Grom around....

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

I never really saw the point in the Grom, i mean except for midgets under 4 foot 10 it's basically a glorified tricycle. I mean what does it have like 10 hp? And a ridiculously uncomfortable seat? Like what could have possibly interested you asaulo about that honda thing?

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Guest unknown

The groms are awesome! Lenny, people race them all the time in leagues now. The indoor karting track near my work races them in the winter. (Well anything 150cc and under). I'm looking at gettibng one as beginner bike for the gf and as racing bike for me in the winter. They are also cheap as chips. Above all, they are supposed to be a ton of FUN

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me5wjKsUsSY]

That does look FUN! But that i sort of perceive that as a plus and a minus, i see motorcycles as an fun awesome experience not a fun little toy. I think the Grom should be classified in it's own category of fun not exactly a "real" motorcycle, it's like a toy that you can have a blast on for a bit from time to time in my eyes! I'll have to try it some time even though Yamaha is where my love is at hehe

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
The groms are awesome! Lenny, people race them all the time in leagues now. The indoor karting track near my work races them in the winter. (Well anything 150cc and under). I'm looking at gettibng one as beginner bike for the gf and as racing bike for me in the winter. They are also cheap as chips. Above all, they are supposed to be a ton of FUN 
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me5wjKsUsSY]

That DOES look like fun! And maybe a bit safer to practice hanging off and dragging a knee. (Something I'd love to be able to do but I'm too chicken!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

njdevils1990

A white Shoei RF1100

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

Killafornia

It looks much better with a dark smoked visor. jumyqynu.jpg
I don't know why I dont see a lot of red helmets.

It looks much better with a dark smoked visor. jumyqynu.jpg I don't know why I dont see a lot of red helmets.
I have the Phantasm paint scheme but where can i get a dark visor like that? That also supports the pinlock thingy from preventing fogging? 

Archived