The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Shoei GT air also, but im going broke buying things for this bike left n right. lol.
Got me this Bell vortex, flat black and white matches the bike soooo good. at $179 shipped, its unbeatable.

www.youtube.com/infinion3

At 179 shipped i wouldn't trust that thing in a crash lol IMHO

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Hard to find helmets that do not cost $400+ for me, as I wear glasses. So I bought me a modular Bilt helmet, it is noisy, but has good ventilation and a sun visor.

If anyone has a Full Face that offers comfy fit for glasses, plus a sun visor...would love to know which ones work best for you

Hard to find helmets that do not cost $400+ for me, as I wear glasses. So I bought me a modular Bilt helmet, it is noisy, but has good ventilation and a sun visor. 
If anyone has a Full Face that offers comfy fit for glasses, plus a sun visor...would love to know which ones work best for you
I usually wear contacts when riding :P 

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

I wear glasses too and I have a Shoei Rf-1200. It does not have a sun visor, but there are, in theory, transition shields available for it. No problems comfortably fitting the 3 different pair of glasses (of different designs and frame thicknesses) I have.

The Shoei Gt-Air pictured above has the sun visor and works well with glasses - I don't own one but I tried it and it was ok for the small amount of time I spent with it on.

TwistedTorque

I wear glasses as well and this fits perfect. Picked up the RPS10 on closeout for 200$ when the RPHA-Max came out. 

HJC-RPS-10-Mugello-Motorcycle-Helmet-$35995.jpg

I usually wear contacts when riding :P
have worn them for 20+ years, recently started feeling like no matter what I do, my left one is drying out in minutes. So started just wearing my glasses

I have a GMAX 54s, modular, built-in sun visor, built-in LED.  It's a bit noisy (lot of vents) but fit is GREAT and very functional. 
You should see it here:

http://fz07.org/thread/108/helmet-guys-wear?page=2

I wear glasses too! I think ur gonna like the Shoei Qwest, I'm not sure if it has sun visor tho. Or an RPHA-Max for a modular. I believe they are both under $400.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I wear glasses too and I bring my helmet with me when getting new ones so I can make sure they fit.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I wear glasses too and I bring my helmet with me when getting new ones so I can make sure they fit.
oooohhhh, I like this idea. I used to wear my contacts all the time, but recently had to give them up for good...I think :)

Guest MXRider

Please take the time to research helmets and their safety ratings. A $179 Bell helmet that is DOT and SNELL certified will protect you just as well as a Shoei X12 or Arai Corsair. This has been well proven numerous times.

The more you spend doesn't give you more protection, it gives you a nicer helmet. As in lighter weight, better ventilation, softer liner material, nicer features, etc.

Please take the time to research helmets and their safety ratings. A $179 Bell helmet that is DOT and SNELL certified will protect you just as well as a Shoei X12 or Arai Corsair. This has been well proven numerous times.  
The more you spend doesn't give you more protection, it gives you a nicer helmet. As in lighter weight, better ventilation, softer liner material, nicer features, etc.
 I second this. When I first started riding four years ago I researched the hell out of helmets and asked everyone I knew what helmet they had and what happened when they crashed. Wish I saved the video and links, but a study was done and actually found an off brand $100 helmet provided better protection than a Shoei costing $400. As long as the helmet is DOT and/or SNELL approved it is going to provide you with protection, that is the point of certification and a set standard. I am very satisfied with my $120 HJC helmet and its crash protection, the weight is another story. Just buy the most comfortable rated helmet  you can afford and wear it. Cant tell ya how many bikes I see going down the road with the helmets strapped to the side, when they go down it aint gonna do shit. 

How many Moto GP riders wear Bell though? ;) 

Guest MXRider

Ben Spies wore an HJC

Ben Spies wore an HJC
Bell and HJC are two different helmet brands....... B-| 

Guest MXRider

Ben Spies wore an HJC
Bell and HJC are two different helmet brands....... B-|

I realize that. But HJC is often referred as a lower end helmet.

As for Bell, back In their hay day everyone wore their helmets. The top guys in road racing, flat track, GP, motocross, even Evel Knievel. They were THE helmet company.

I just took the helmet out for a test ride and all I can say is WOW! This is the best helmet I have ever had. Light, quite, good venting, I love it !!!
nice!!! i think the only bad thing i can say is i wish it had more air going in, but thats just me lol

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Shoei Qwest here.

shoei_qwest_diverge_tc6_detail_1_600.jpg

I was originally looking at the RF-1100 for the apparently better venting, but the Qwest has a better shape for my head (a bit rounder). Also, I haven't had any problems in the GA summer with the Qwest venting.

• Premium Member

As stated earlier I have the Bell RS-1, and have been wearing with sunglasses since my bike arrived which was starting to be a pain. So yesterday I bought the "Bell Transitions SolFX Photochromic Face Shield". I wish I'd got it right from the start, it works great!

I have the HJC CL16 machine, in the gray color. It was super cheap for being snell and dot, so I got it because I was having trouble finding another decent styled snell approved helmet for under 200.

I recently bought an Arai Defiant. Amazing helmet in all regards but one:

NOISE.

Holy crap is this thing loud. I understand there's some sort of sliding scale between noise and ventilation (and boy this thing sure does vent with the vents open, never had anything vent so well), but wow. LOUD. Still, absolutely amazing helmet and I'm glad I got it.

Archived