The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guru how round is your skull? I really like the Evoline buy looking at Revzilla it seems to have a pretty round shape. I have a more narrow shape head. I currently were a Roof Boxer which is perfectly round, and so its actually quite horrible and painful to wear.

Yamaha FZ-07 '15
Honda Shadow VT750DC '06 - for sale
Kawasaki Ninja 250r '08 - for sale
Previous Bikes:
Kawasaki Eliminator 125 '06

• Global Moderator

Tricky question. I know I am big headed. I would think pretty round.
I upgraded my Evoline to a Shoei GT-Air and will be using the Shark for my snowmobile this winter. It is a good helmet though and I love the feature that you can ride both open and full faced. But I prefer the Shoei, it is lighter, smaller, seems better built and is quieter. It also has better ventilation. The pinlock works very well and it seems to catch less wind too.
The best thing you can probably do is check out a store that as them in stock so you can try one out and see if you like the fit. Than you can always decide where to buy it.

Anyone with the shoei preorder the photochromic shield? it's made by transitions (same people as the eye glasses).
I'm still trying to decide if I want the photochromic shield, or just go with a basic mirror shield.

Anyone with the shoei preorder the photochromic shield? it's made by transitions (same people as the eye glasses).
I'm still trying to decide if I want the photochromic shield, or just go with a basic mirror shield.
Well from what I've seen it doesn't look like it will be out for a while. I just ordered the dark smoke shield for now and when/if the photochromatic one comes out I'll probably be picking one up. So you're prolly safe for a while just ordering the mirror shield. 

Well from what I've seen it doesn't look like it will be out for a while. I just ordered the dark smoke shield for now and when/if the photochromatic one comes out I'll probably be picking one up. So you're prolly safe for a while just ordering the mirror shield. 
We will see how I cope with shield changes and if it looks worth it to me

• 4 weeks later...

Yay!  I can finally shelve the Hustler helmet.  I just purchased the Bell RS-1 Liner.  I was pleasantly surprised with how well it fits and vents.  It's also pretty quiet on the freeway.  The visor change is easy too.  I've had mostly $200-$300 helmets, with the occasional $500-$600 helmet.  At $450, I think this is well worth the money for daily commuting.  I tried out the Nolan N86 Rapid first, but the chin-bar was at my nose.  I'm kind of a blockhead, so helmets for round heads don't tend to work for me.

2014_bell_rs_1_liner_helmet_White__75677.1408008031.200.200.jpg?c=2

• Premium Member

I wear an AGV Miglia. Don't have a photo handy, but here is its facsimile from the web.
Nice red color. What do you think the color of my bike is? :)
AGV_Sport_Miglia_Modular_Helmet_Red_detail.jpg

Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

• Premium Member

Cant go wrong with all black.

Picked this up recently. Speed & Strength SS700. Got the helmet and a tinted visor for $100 so win-win. It fits my head great and is pretty quiet, even if it wont protect my head like a $600 helmet (hehe)

nu5ilkc.jpg

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Scorpion EXO-R410 in the Red, White and Blue scheme. Seems to be alright and Snell and DOT Approved. Needed a new helmet from my old ICON Alliance Torrent that I actually wore out due to riding so much here in Cali. I can't say whether I actually like 1 over the other though. Different and keeps my head safe so that's all I can ask for.

Follow me on Instagram. http://instagram.com/trebec

• Premium Member

I have an Arai RX-Q in diamond black with a standard shield and a pin-lock shield.

Also a couple Shoei's; a TZ1 and an RF1000 GSXR1000 edition with a standard and pin-lock shield and a black KBC Wolf with standard and mirror shields.

The Arai RX-Q has this little quirk that it can be super quiet as long as your head is tipped down at least 10 degrees. Upright, it's still a fairly quiet helmet, but the difference is surprising.

• Premium Member

I'm having a really tough time settling on a new helmet. Maybe you guys can help.

I have a mid range budget, not to exceed $400 and less is great. Features in order of importance to me are;

Stable at speed, not much turbulence or drag.

Reasonably quiet, I use ear plugs but still want at least a decent baseline for noise.

Removable or easily washable liner, otherwise the helmet irritates my skin.

Lightweight would be a nice bonus since I carry my helmet to and from the jobsite which can be a trek.

My list of candidates is a dozen helmets deep, most pushing beyond the budget. Any recommendations to help narrow it down would be appreciated. Thanks gents (and ladies).

Oh, and I'm coming from a HJC CL17.. which has been good but is 4 years old and showing its age.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

I love Shoei. Best helmet I even had. I just love the build quality and attention to detail.
I were on a limited budget I would probably look for last years new old stock RF1100 or RF1200.

Selected mine based upon video reviews at Revzilla...went with the ICON Airmada due to reasonable pricing and relatively good features, quiet ratings for the price...hope I 'scored'...

I have the Scorpion exo 410 chameleon with tinted shield.  Thinking of getting the Shark RAW Blank Matte Black Half Helmet next just to go with my FZ-07.  Scorpion for my R6.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

I have been happy with my Bell RS-1. It is very stable at speed. I do not have any reference as far as noise, but I have no complaints. If you like the fit then I think you would be happy with it.

Selected mine based upon video reviews at Revzilla...went with the ICON Airmada due to reasonable pricing and relatively good features, quiet ratings for the price...hope I 'scored'...
I have heard a lot of people that have really liked the Airmada. You should be very happy with your purchase. Unfortunately, the ICON line does not fit my head very well.

Archived