The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

babisstinson

At the moment a Shark Race-R Lucha White, which proves to be a really good helmet for the 250 euros I spent for it:

Shark-Race-R-Lucha-W.jpg
But already looking to get a new one, probably an AGV Pista GP or an Arai RX-7 GP..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got an AGV Skyline in flat black yesterday. It has accommodations for a Bluetooth set up so I went ahead and got the Sena SMH10R to go along with it.

• Global Moderator
Flat black GMax DS11 with a hidef orange shield. Kind of Master Chief looking.
I read that as Master Chef. I had no idea what that meant :)  Master Chief makes more sense. 

• Premium Member

Scorpion EXO-1100. Hi Viz JAG graphic. It has on/off vents every wear for a ton of airflow or seal it up for the cold. The flip down tinted visor is something I have never had but I use it a ton now. The visor is a 3 stage system: Open (normal), Fully Locked (so it will not pop open at high speed or the bump of a hand), and Vent (locks it closed but with a 1 inch gap for more air flow if needed. I use the Vent position a lot in city traffic. Intermediate Oval shape so it will fit most noggins. r41KGW0.jpg    

Wore Shoeis for many years. The shape of their latest lids is now too oval (narrow at the temples) for my round-ish mellon. . I was running out of lids to try on before sliding into the Arai RX-Q. It fits me perfectly. The rest of the Arai line is also far too narrow.

Currently have a 'Cog' Gt Air. By Shoei. I just ordered an Arai RX-Q 'Oriental' since it matches my tattoo.
When it came time to replace my RF1000 Shoei, I tried on the GT Air and couldn't wait to get it off. Shoei helmets all seem to have gotten a bit narrower (more oval than round) Helmets like that wind up being loose front to back as I have to go to a bigger size so that it fits the sides of my roundish head. 
This is an interesting read and very helpful for picking out lids to try on. It also predicted that the Arai RX-Q was gonna fit where the Signet Q (and the rest of the Arai) and the new Shoies would not http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmet-shapes.htm

That said, that RX-Q is a beautifully made helmet and perhaps the cleanest thru the air/least airflow buffeted helmet I've ever owned in 44 years of riding. Hopefully, it'll fit your head as well as it mathes your tattoo.  

They both fit pretty well. The Arai actually fits a bit better in the cheek area. I could adjust that with different inserts on the Shoei. But it isn't uncomfortable.

That's one wild paint scheme. Had to look it up to see.

The Shoeis have done some shape shifting ver the years. I owned an RF800 and then an RF1000. But the RF900, 1100 and now the 1200, Quantum, AirGT and the modular one, just did/do not fit me well. I was happy when the RX-Q was a near perfect fit w/o touching those adjustable bits in the cheeks. . Some day I'll forget about what it cost. Some day I might work up the nerve to remove the shield. lol

I just scored a sweet Scorpion EXO 500 Oil Helmet for $99 and free shipping. Last time I looked in November that helmet was $220.
LINK to Scorpion sale at Motorcycle Superstore.

Pic of the Helmet I just scored. They have other models on sale as well. $99 usually only gets you a crappy Cycle gear helmet.
http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/productimages/300/2011-scorpion-exo-500-oil-helmet-neon-yellow.jpg
They are also having blowout prices on Bell Helmets too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scorpion XO 700

f9f6d8dcdde378f397b33774d6f94ade.jpg

Well ventilated, comfy, and light. The face shield NEVER gets foggy.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Archived