The MT-07 Forum

HELP

birch444

your puppy is pretty good with the camera! What flavor treat did he muzzle your way after completing the "human with pan, on belly"?

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

crescentwrench
your puppy is pretty good with the camera! What flavor treat did he muzzle your way after completing the "human with pan, on belly"?
Haha! Those are my laptop selfie skills at work actually...

Which reminds me (as I had it open during the whole operation), I found this excellent thread on removing the exhaust: http://www.motorcycle-talk.net/forum/mt-07-fz-07-modifications/320-exhaust-system-removal-pictures.html (hope it's OK for me to link to another forum like that... ?) which was ultimately more helpful than the service manual in some ways.

I would HIGHLY second his recommendation of tying the foot peg assembly out of the way, on the brake side especially. 

Unlike that guy's advice though, I would say you do NOT need to loosen the O2 sensor. Didn't seem to make a difference, and is also not recommended in the service manual.

• 2 years later...

Can anyone please help me out with the torque spec for each of the 11 oil pan bolts? 

I would really appreciate it!

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, op1kanobi said:

Can anyone please help me out with the torque spec for each of the 11 oil pan bolts? 

I would really appreciate it!

Edit: the above link didn't list the oilpan so here's what you need:

oilpan.JPG

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Thank you for that.  I bought a manual and it would not download.  Had to replace my pan, and so far so good.  Now I'm putting the exhaust back on, and man, what a pain in the @ss.  lol

Growing pains.  Thanks again!

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, op1kanobi said:

Thank you for that.  I bought a manual and it would not download.  Had to replace my pan, and so far so good.  Now I'm putting the exhaust back on, and man, what a pain in the @ss.  lol

Growing pains.  Thanks again!

Just know that the more you do the easier it gets. Hang in there! 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived