The MT-07 Forum

Paulie's FZ-07 SP: MotoGP Edition

pgeldz

• Premium Member
What were the results of your measurements and dyno run
Posted up the results of the dyno stuff here 
I'll post up the results of the brake line measurements after they are installed and I'm happy with them :)

- Paulie
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Hey Paulie, does the AiM lap timer have a self contained gps antenna?
Yes Sir.  It's all in the unit itself.  Nothing else is needed.  I LOVE IT! 
It's a great tool to gauge how you're doing.  Plus, the predictive modes and +/- mode is extremely handy.

:)

- Paulie

Hey Paulie, does the AiM lap timer have a self contained gps antenna?
Have you messed with overlaying the data on a GoPro video?Have you messed with overlaying the data on a GoPro video?

• Premium Member
Have you messed with overlaying the data on a GoPro video?Have you messed with overlaying the data on a GoPro video?
I haven't messed with that yet, no.  I think Dashware is the software that people use for that, but I haven't researched it enough to actually do something about it :) 
- Paulie

• Premium Member
jbE3Dool.jpg

First session of day 2 testing at [HASH]springmountain went great! The [HASH]apmotoarts rear suspension link, [HASH]yoyodyne slipper clutch, and [HASH]healtech quick shifter performed flawlessly, and the custom camo [HASH]samco radiator hoses kept the bike running cool :)

- Paulie
  • Like 5

jbE3Dool.jpg 

First session of day 2 testing at [HASH]springmountain went great! The [HASH]apmotoarts rear suspension link, [HASH]yoyodyne slipper clutch, and [HASH]healtech quick shifter performed flawlessly, and the custom camo [HASH]samco radiator hoses kept the bike running cool :)

- Paulie
How did the link feel.

• Premium Member

How did the link feel.

@howlinhoss , 

I have a little more info than my last reply...

The link WORKS. At least it did for me anyway. The bike turns better, which is weird because I thought it was telepathic before. It also holds a line better and I'm able to finish the corner better as well. The extra ground clearance is a really big help too. I'm able to eek out more lean angle without fear of scraping hard parts.

Turn in, and just about everything else (handling-wise) happens a little bit faster now. I didn't realize it until I got stuffed into a corner and had to stand up the bike to avoid rubbing elbows with some guy. When I did make that mid corner "adjustment", it happened way faster than I'm used to. But it was still perfectly controllable without any nervousness.

I'll have a better understanding of the handling effects at my next outing at Chuckwalla in September because I have some good lap time data from that track in both directions, but for this weekend I can only compare times to the guys I ride with...Yamaha R6, MV Agusta F3 800, and an Aprilia Tuono Rider.

R6 buddy and I are usually very close, but he just upgraded his bike for this season and got it tuned (added 10 hp) and added an auto blipper clutchless downshift module.  Previously on this track layout he is usually behind the MV F3 800 rider by 2 seconds.  I was behind the MV F3 800 rider by 3-5 seconds, and I was usually behind the Tuono guy by 2-4 seconds.

Well, My R6 buddy and I smashed the F3 800 lap time by over a second, and the Tuono guy couldn't keep up at all...he wasn't even in the picture.  

The F3 800 rider has been tracking his bike for over double the time my R6 buddy and I have, and recently got an Aprilia RSV4. He brought that out this weekend and smashed his own F3 800 record too by a second on his first outing with it.

In the end, there was exactly a half a second between all of us...my buddy on the R6, other buddy on the Aprilia RSV4, and me on the FZ-07.

- Paulie

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Paulie, thanks for the details!

Do you know what your rear sag is set at? Thanks.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
Anytime! 
Unfortunately I don't have that data.  We set it up when my forks and shock came back from Traxxion Dynamics, but that was over a year ago.  I jumped on the bike in my gear, and Dale went to town on it.  I never recorded it sadly.

:(

- Paulie

• Premium Member
Anytime! 
Unfortunately I don't have that data.  We set it up when my forks and shock came back from Traxxion Dynamics, but that was over a year ago.  I jumped on the bike in my gear, and Dale went to town on it.  I never recorded it sadly.

:(

- Paulie
O.K., thanks.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Global Moderator

Still awaiting the awesome shots of the two FZs together ;)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Still awaiting the awesome shots of the two FZs together ;)

I'll try and get them posted this week. Just got back from a 6-day long bike trip for work. My boss bought a very nice Ducati MultiStrada 1200 S Granturismo in New York and instead of shipping it back, we rode it back. He started in New York, rode through Canada, and dropped it in Minneapolis. I flew in and picked it up there, and rode it all the way back to Vegas :)

I'll also be posting a track day video from the last outing with all the upgrades, but my computer crashed three times due to lack of disk space. I need to move some files to my external hard drive to make room :)

Should have it done pretty soon...

- Paulie
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Finally moved some files around on my computer to make room for the new video...

I made a separate post about it here

While I was at it, I also updated my mod list on page one of this thread.  You can see that here

- Paulie

• Like 1

Hey Paulie,

Quick question; are you able to mount CRG bar-end mirrors on the woodcraft clip-ons? I have them paired with rhinomoto bar-end adapters, but not sure how they would work with the clip-ons.

I'm in the market for a more aggressive riding position (lower handlebars/clip-ons and rear-sets)

ft5dmH7.png

• Premium Member
Hey Paulie, 
Quick question; are you able to mount CRG bar-end mirrors on the woodcraft clip-ons? I have them paired with rhinomoto bar-end adapters, but not sure how they would work with the clip-ons.

I'm in the market for a more aggressive riding position (lower handlebars/clip-ons and rear-sets)

Hi @raven!

Yes, that is my street set up actually - the CRG mirrors with the Woodcraft Clip ons. I'm using the CRG adapters though. If the Rhinomoto adapters are the expanding rubber type made to fit into a hollow bar, they'll work. If they screw into the stock handlebars then you'd have to change them for the expanding type.

I like the CRG adapters because they are not rubber. They have these two metal collars that expand outwards and bite on to the inside of the hollow bar when you tighten it, providing a rock solid base for the mirrors with no vibration whatsoever.

- Paulie

• Like 1

Hey Paulie, 

Hi @raven ! 
Yes, that is my street set up actually - the CRG mirrors with the Woodcraft Clip ons. I'm using the CRG adapters though. If the Rhinomoto adapters are the expanding rubber type made to fit into a hollow bar, they'll work. If they screw into the stock handlebars then you'd have to change them for the expanding type.

I like the CRG adapters because they are not rubber. They have these two metal collars that expand outwards and bite on to the inside of the hollow bar when you tighten it, providing a rock solid base for the mirrors with no vibration whatsoever.

- Paulie

Hey thanks for the information! I guess I will have to sell my Rhinomoto screw-on bar-ends. I'm going to send you a PM.

• Like 1

Update; The Yamaha windscreen would not allow me to install the 1.5" risers in the down position. I don't think it would have even worked with the 1" risers, but I really want that aggresive positioning, so I removed my screen.

I will have to find something else that works with the woodcrafts, and doesn't look ugly lol

I am stll waiting on my gilles tooling rear-sets and crg bar-end adapters to arrive. they should be here tomorrow.

rWRhhad.jpg

• Like 2

Update; The Yamaha windscreen would not allow me to install the 1.5" risers in the down position. I don't think it would have even worked with the 1" risers, but I really want that aggresive positioning, so I removed my screen.  
I will have to find something else that works with the woodcrafts, and doesn't look ugly lol

I am stll waiting on my gilles tooling rear-sets and crg bar-end adapters to arrive. they should be here tomorrow.

rWRhhad.jpg
I've still been trying to find a better windscreen then the Puig to fit with the woodcraft clip-ons in 1.5" down position. I hated having to give up my Ermax sport screen when I swapped bars. By looking at pics online it appears like the MRA double bubble screen may fit with our aftermarket bars.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

rWRhhad.jpg
I've still been trying to find a better windscreen then the Puig to fit with the woodcraft clip-ons in 1.5" down position. I hated having to give up my Ermax sport screen when I swapped bars. By looking at pics online it appears like the MRA double bubble screen may fit with our aftermarket bars.
I actually like the look of the mra double bubble. I would just want it a bit shorter. Nothing a dremel and some painters tape couldn't fix
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

@raven ,

I do know for a fact that the DPM screen and Rizoma screen WILL fit with the Woodcrafts. They were the two of the first screens I tried. You can see them here:

DPM and Rizoma screen

Ultimately I decided to keep it naked :)

And BTW, your gonna love the ergos when you install the Gilles Tooling rearsets :)

- Paulie

@raven , 
I do know for a fact that the DPM screen and Rizoma screen WILL fit with the Woodcrafts. They were the two of the first screens I tried. You can see them here:

DPM and Rizoma screen

Ultimately I decided to keep it naked :)

And BTW, your gonna love the ergos when you install the Gilles Tooling rearsets :)

- Paulie

Hey thanks! I like the look of the rizoma screen!

Can't wait to get the rearsets on!

• Premium Member

This means it was a great weekend!  

2 different track days, road racing school, and 2 different circuits over 4 days and 758 miles of traveling :)

WdvoUcVl.jpg

Got a chance to meet a fellow FZ-07 owner at Chuckwalla, and 2 more at Streets of Willow!

- Paulie

• Like 1

• Premium Member

rWRhhad.jpg
Hi @Raven, just curious to know which Yamaha screen do you have? I just got the Yamaha Sport Screen and it does fit in both up & down position as shown here http://fz07.org/post/99665/thread

- Pancho
  • Like 1

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!