The MT-07 Forum

2007 R1

jake

• Premium Member

I might just go and see what they offer lol.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
...... I was thinking why the hell would I want anything different for a daily. 
But I still want a fast bike so I'll just have to wait, I think.
@jake if you want to have your cake and eat it too, see if you can find one of these... 
There is a bike that has an inline 4 that has an incredible 80 ft.lbs. of torque at 3,200rpm and is truelly capable of 1/4mi. times in the low 11's right out of the box. It has a similar personality as the FZ-07, meaning it's a blast to ride anywhere in the rev range. The semi-naked Bandit was THE stunter's bike for many years.

I know, I owned one and loved it... The 2009 Suzuki GSF1250SA. I sold it because I have inadequate self discipline.

FN0iPq4.jpg

I think i read something the other day that they're bringing the Bandit back?

• Premium Member

So trad in would have been $5400 I would have had to come up with 1300 for the trade ... Also the R1 had 19999 miles on it not 9999, I was like na. I'll just wait that Bandit looks sweet.

thomascrown

The R1LE with the last of the 20v engines, and all the fancy bits and yellow paint would be the one to have. Or the 2015 R1. Or a 1998 in mint condition. All of these should be a second bike, next to a more practical, general use bike like the FZ07.

fromthecage

The desire for the R1 is decent, but that S1000RR makes me seriously consider a litre bike. The insurance premiums are doing a fine job of keeping me away from that switch though.

I'll just put this right here.......
At least the R1 beat the kawi and honda... if they factored reliability and price into the equation it would have won, no competition.

fromthecage

They did say that the R1 was a great track bike, but that took away from its streetability. Think how Yamaha proclaimed it is the closest thing to an M1 moto GP bike out of the showroom.

• Premium Member
speedingtickets

The new 2015 R1M has a computer that controls lift, traction, wheel spin in corners, combined computerized braking, electronic suspension (first I have ever seen), and about 40 other things. The computer makes 125 calculations per second, adjusting the bikes suspension and engine to your every move. Watch the ad on YouTube. It is probably the most advanced production bike today, within a reasonable price. I know Kawasaki has the H2R for $50K and Honda's new bike is $185K. 

"I value my neck a lot more than $6995, chief!" Jaws

The Beemer S1000 had all this first. Then KTM jumped onto the band wagon.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Yea I can see how the R1 wouldn't be that great of a choice for street riding. Although, that's how I feel about the R6 which is why I got an FZ :)

The new 2015 R1M has a computer that controls lift, traction, wheel spin in corners, combined computerized braking, electronic suspension (first I have ever seen), and about 40 other things. The computer makes 125 calculations per second, adjusting the bikes suspension and engine to your every move. Watch the ad on YouTube. It is probably the most advanced production bike today, within a reasonable price. I know Kawasaki has the H2R for $50K and Honda's new bike is $185K. 
The "regular" 2015 R1 has all of that too, expect for the electronic suspension.  The M basically just adds the suspension, stickier tires and a bunch of carbon fiber parts as far as I understand it.  Both the 2015 R1 and the R1M have been applauded big time for their track prowess.  I'd likely never push the R1 so far to the limits that I would ever think to need the additional features of the R1M.  If anyone can, they should be riding pro ha.   
I'm with you on the bang for the buck factor though.  Even some pro racers and test riders are saying you don't need to do very much to the regular R1 to make it a nigh perfect track bike.  It's been consistently ranked up there with the S1000RR as one of the best track bikes you can buy for ~$20k.  The Kawi and Honda options are in a whole different class.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Yea I can see how the R1 wouldn't be that great of a choice for street riding. Although, that's how I feel about the R6 which is why I got an FZ :)
Depends on what you call street riding.  Around town, probably not.  But it makes for a great highway bike.  The added weight (though on the new R1 there is not much above an R6 in terms of how it reportedly feels) and fairings make for a more stable ride at higher speeds and is better for dealing with cross winds in my opinion.  

thomascrown

S1000RR is the best street bike of the bunch. Electronic suspension, quickshifter up and down, heated grips, cruise control...these are all things that make life very easy for daily use.

It also has unmatched power. Saturn V thrust.

If I wanted a track toy, a road going Jet-ski for weekend use...I'd opt for the R1. If I wanted the most practical, every day bike in that echelon...S1000RR every day.

S1000RR is the best street bike of the bunch. Electronic suspension, quickshifter up and down, heated grips, cruise control...these are all things that make life very easy for daily use.  
It also has unmatched power. Saturn V thrust.

If I wanted a track toy, a road going Jet-ski for weekend use...I'd opt for the R1. If I wanted the most practical, every day bike in that echelon...S1000RR every day.
I think I would have to agree 100% with this.  

• Premium Member

Out of all the current superbikes, I like the R1 and Aprilia RSV4 the best. I DO like the BMW, but if I need cruise control and heated grips I probably don't need a superbike for the type of riding that would require it.

A superbike, for me, would be for quick jaunts on the weekend, and of course track days. And as far as the track goes, I'm pretty sure at my skill level I'll probably be faster, and learn more on my FZ-07. Only reason I'd want a superbike is to get me to the next set of corners quicker ;)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

There are plenty of liter bikes that are around the 10 grand mark at my local dealer. The BMW would be my choice, but at 18 grand plus that's out of my reach.

I want a go fast bike but I'm going to go used for sure and keep the FZ and the Buell just to see how many bikes I can fit in my garage lol.

• Premium Member

I'll have to wait till next year or longer to pull the trigger on another bike, the wife is the gate keeper and I'm just the Key master.

Archived