The MT-07 Forum

BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH STICKING

dony

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I had the same problem and confirmed it was the rear brake lever which was the cause. I noticed it after I swapped out my stock exhaust for the Akra Carbon. You do have to take the rearset off in the process so I thought I had messed it up somewhere in there (still don't know if I did or didn't :D ). I am not sure if it was happening before the swap. Basically, after using the rear brake, the light would stay on unless I reached down and pulled the lever up with my hand - and this would only work sometimes. 
Anyway, I did both of the solutions proposed - I sprayed some graphite powder on the plunger and also loosened the 17mm nut about 1.5 full turns. The the brake light now still comes on when just barely touching my rear brake lever, but it no longer sticks. I think the nut is your best bet and the quickest solution and I can't see how it would negatively affect rear-brake operation in any way (the sensor and actual brake operation are independent of each other).

Where do I purchase this "Graphite" and what does the container look like? Lol mine is sticking after I installed me rear sets.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
I had the same problem and confirmed it was the rear brake lever which was the cause. I noticed it after I swapped out my stock exhaust for the Akra Carbon. You do have to take the rearset off in the process so I thought I had messed it up somewhere in there (still don't know if I did or didn't :D ). I am not sure if it was happening before the swap. Basically, after using the rear brake, the light would stay on unless I reached down and pulled the lever up with my hand - and this would only work sometimes. 
Anyway, I did both of the solutions proposed - I sprayed some graphite powder on the plunger and also loosened the 17mm nut about 1.5 full turns. The the brake light now still comes on when just barely touching my rear brake lever, but it no longer sticks. I think the nut is your best bet and the quickest solution and I can't see how it would negatively affect rear-brake operation in any way (the sensor and actual brake operation are independent of each other).

Where do I purchase this "Graphite" and what does the container look like? Lol mine is sticking after I installed me rear sets.
Comes in either an aerosol or a squeeze bottle, and you can get it at Home Depot

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Comes in either an aerosol or a squeeze bottle, and you can get it at Home Depot

Thanks.

SigSide.jpg

Archived