The MT-07 Forum

Anyone in NOVA do track days?

cherenkovblu3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@gogokawi do you have an idea of how your going to build up your FZ? Are you going the APMOTO FZ07R route?
Yeah. I just sent my forks and ECU to him.  Should be back in a couple of weeks with the bodywork and other bits. I'm not going to put the R6 front end on it.  Though that would make life a lot easier with other things.  But I'll put a build thread together once I get everything back. 

Yams and Ham!

• 1 month later...

Rode with Evolve GT/N2 today and had a blast. The Evolve coaching staff was very helpful and they really try to show/teach you how to ride faster. I would recommend anyone in the DMV/NOVA region to ride with them.

• 1 month later...
Anyone going the Summit Point trackday tomorrow with Motorcycle Xcitement?
I'll be at the N2/EvolveGT Summit days on Friday and Saturday.  I won't be coaching, just riding.  The FZ is out of commission for a bit, which is a shame since I would like to get some practice there.

Yams and Ham!

howlinhoss
Anyone going the Summit Point trackday tomorrow with Motorcycle Xcitement?
I'll be at the N2/EvolveGT Summit days on Friday and Saturday.  I won't be coaching, just riding.  The FZ is out of commission for a bit, which is a shame since I would like to get some practice there.
I need that tow on the 300!

Are you going this weekend? I wasn't planning to bring the 300. But I can.

Yams and Ham!

howlinhoss
Are you going this weekend? I wasn't planning to bring the 300. But I can.
Not this weekend. Still planning on my next TD for May.

• 1 month later...

What is the typical cost of a track day where you're located. At Palm Beach International Raceway it's $205. Is that a typical price or is it cheap/expensive??? Never done track days so I'm clueless.

Beemer

Track days for me have typically ranged between $175 to $200. Also check if the club your riding with has some membership fees.

• Premium Member
One of these days...I better start saving for a full suit.
I have two brand new ones for sale if you're interested :) 
- Paulie

One of these days...I better start saving for a full suit.
- Paulie

Won't fit me, Paulie. If I remember right, I'm a 44 chest size.

• Premium Member
- Paulie
Won't fit me, Paulie. If I remember right, I'm a 44 chest size

Dang  :(

- Paulie

• 2 weeks later...
howlinhoss

Anyone riding this weekend ? I am pushing off tomorrow from Gaithersburg MD and will make my way towards Leesburg.

Not track? I'd love to go tomorrow morning around some local scenery and pick up a few points from you @howlinhoss!

howlinhoss

Where you located? I will be on my 300 and my bro will be on the fz. Could always use more company. Can meet up with you somewhere if interested. PM me.

• Global Moderator
One step closer to being prepared for track day and a great find on Craigslist for $60!!!acbdcad58c9b8f417ee74fffa22aeccc.jpg
Never thought to look on CL...
or maybe offer-up

Thnx

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

howlinhoss

Calling all FZ riders in the DMV area. @mysweetfz07, myself and some buddies are planning on hitting the track on the 24th with Motorcycle Xcitement. We will be at Summit Point - Shenandoah Circuit. It would be awesome if more people could make it. I will have a tent, chairs, tools, fans and lots of food. Feel free to join and message me for more info.

Got some work to do. Order hitch for the Jeep and look at some trailers tomorrow...get full boots and gloves. Anyone local want to rent their motorcycle trailer?

Archived