The MT-07 Forum

What Are You Waiting For?

xcarbonsteelx

• Premium Member

Waiting for common sense to catch up to me before I spend too much money on lovely taxidermied beasts for our shop.....and decent deal on a Honda CB500f for my wife.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator
Waiting for common sense to catch up to me before I spend too much money on lovely taxidermied beasts for our shop.....and decent deal on a Honda CB500f for my wife.
What shop is this puss?

Get her a fizzy instead

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

My wife and I own and op a tattoo shop in Edmonton AB. "Rabbit Rabbit Most Auspicious Tattoo". Luckily for us Edmonton is Canada's hot spot for tattooing.

Yeah initially we were considering a FZ but my overly protective self feels it might be a bit much for her right off the get go. We did the safety course and she was ok out there but was not super confident. My fear is that if I recommend or push her onto "too much bike" and something unfortunate happens.... you know? She's not helping me much in the decision making here so we'll just have to hit the dealerships etc and have her sit on a bunch again to see what she is most comfy with. I dunno, if she's into the FZ then thats how she's gonna roll. :)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
My wife and I own and op a tattoo shop in Edmonton AB. "Rabbit Rabbit Most Auspicious Tattoo". Luckily for us Edmonton is Canada's hot spot for tattooing.  
Yeah initially we were considering a FZ but my overly protective self feels it might be a bit much for her right off the get go. We did the safety course and she was ok out there but was not super confident. My fear is that if I recommend or push her onto "too much bike" and something unfortunate happens.... you know? She's not helping me much in the decision making here so we'll just have to hit the dealerships etc and have her sit on a bunch again to see what she is most comfy with. I dunno, if she's into the FZ then thats how she's gonna roll. :)

Id almost say take her out to a lot and let her ride yours... but...
i know how it feels to lose your baby

• Premium Member

Id almost say take her out to a lot and let her ride yours... but... i know how it feels to lose your baby
Yes, you understand. I love her (wife) more than anything, but my FZ is my special mistress, my proverbial line in the sand.  I just dont know if I could mentally handle it.  Man, it stresses me out just thinking about it. HAHA  

• Global Moderator

I cant help with that one... sorry @mrpuss

I may need to hit you up for a tat though,
both of your portfolios are just downright awesome and its exactly fhe kind of work ive bwen lookig to get done

Also...
To keep this thread on track, i have replacement buckles and toe sliders coming for my smx-3 boots
ths Smx plus boots.i ordered are nice.but dont have enough flexibility for the fizzy... at least not until i get a set of adapter plates for the rearsets

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Pit Bull spooled rear stand.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator
Holy crap... where have you been dude

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I've been MIA from the forums for awhile. Still riding everyday.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator
I've been MIA from the forums for awhile. Still riding everyday.
i'm back on the road now... so we certainly need to do another group ride

Mr.Puss

I know how you feel, bro. Some people just don't pick up riding as fast as others so I suggest getting her a nice, used, small bike and let her ride that until she has gained enough skill and confidence (your confidence, too of course) to be on a brand new bike and especially one with more weight and power. I actually recommend a good, used, street & trail bike and get her into a dirt riding course before she hits the streets with a heavier and more powerful bike. She can gain skills on the dirt that she won't learn riding on the street alone and if she wrecks in the dirt she's not as likely to get hurt. Would give you some peace of mind, I think and some more confidence for her. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Scratch that. I've decided to return it back to Revzilla and ordered the Pit Bull SS Rear Stand with the extended removable handle. This way if I get a bike that doesn't have the capability to add spools (unlikely) or help someone that doesn't have them I can.

- xCarbonSteelx

I just got my Hyperkewl, cooling vest by TECHNICHE. It doesn't leak goo like some of the other cooling vests do but I've yet to see if it does it's job well and keeps me kewl. I'll be back in a few hours with a report on it. Weather Channel says that right now the humidity is 54%, it's 93 degrees but feels like 104 so it should be a good test. I also bought a Hyperkewl ball cap for when I'm kayaking or bicycling or whatever outdoors. It cost $20.99.

[attachment id=1979" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx
I just got my Hyperkewl, cooling vest by TECHNICHE. It doesn't leak goo like some of the other cooling vests do but I've yet to see if it does it's job well and keeps me kewl. I'll be back in a few hours with a report on it. Weather Channel says that right now the humidity is 54%, it's 93 degrees but feels like 104 so it should be a good test. I also bought a Hyperkewl ball cap for when I'm kayaking or bicycling or whatever outdoors. It cost $20.99. 
[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1979]

I'd be interested to hear how the vest works. AZ temps have already hit 118, and may climb higher in the coming months.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member

Great find. I might have to pick one up when I get a different jacket; I fear the excess moisture would ruin my leather. Gives me another reason to buy more gear! 

Well, after an hour and fifteen minutes of riding I discovered this about cooling vests. (I wore mine under a thin, ventilated jersey)

1. Before wearing it, I let mine hang in the shower for about 7 or 8 minutes to let the excess water drip off. Then I gave the bottom of the vest a squeeze to get the remaining water out of the thin material so it wouldn't get my pants wet around my waist or around the top of my underwear. (it still got wet) I put it on and I didn't like it much. Imagine getting soaked in the rain and wanting to get into dry clothes but can't. It may take some time to get used to this.

2. When I first started out it did feel cool but still, it's a wet, irritating cool. It sticks to you just like any other wet clothes do and I found it to be somewhat irritating. Someone mentioned it should be over-sized so that the air coming through is able to move between it's underside and the skin and that makes good sense but what I found out when tested it is the wind pushes the material against you and being wet it wants to stick to the skin even more so the air never had a chance to circulate well for those two factors. My torso did feel cool for about the first 40 minutes while riding in a little stop and go traffic but then that feeling started dissipating. It started with my back side. The outside heat finally overcame the soaked vest and my back just felt warm and very wet. Think jungle heat. I could feel beads of water (maybe sweat) running down my sides. It was a weird sensation because my front side was still somewhat cool while my back was getting very warm. That's due to no air flow on the back. So the back stays cool until the heat starts building underneath at lower speeds. I can't say the heat is any worse than not having the vest, it's just that the dampness and vest sticking to you is hard to get used to. 

3. After 40 minutes I jumped on the highway and kicked it up to 85. My front side started feeling a little cooler at highway speeds and my back also cooled a bit once again but only about half as much as the front but it was enough to take my mind off of feeling wet, soggy and hot. When I got home and took it off it was a great relief. It was still damp and would've been effective for maybe another hour or longer, I'd have to test that) but higher speeds will dry it out quicker. Re soaking wouldn't be a big hassle and well worth it if on the highway more so than in the city.

All in all it's a pretty good product if you don't mind feeling soggy, ( I was moving/twisting a lot to stop it from sticking) or if you just take short rides in the city or longer rides where there are less stops and higher speed limits. The humidity wasn't high today but I'm sure that if it were the vest wouldn't have helped as much, you would just feel even more wet and soggy in city heat. I think this vest would make more a difference to someone in a dryer climate, like Arizona perhaps. Side note: If you're sweating a lot anyway a breathable shirt that's thinner than the vest would allow more air to hit your wet skin, especially at lower speeds and be more effective when trying to keep cool.

I'll keep it for the longer road trips where it performs to satisfaction. I just hope I can get used to it sticking to me.

Beemer

My two BikeBandit jerseys came right after I posted about my cooling vest coming. I'll try them out later and review them. So far all I can say is they feel about the same in weight as my mesh, Scorpian jacket but look to be slightly more breathable in just the sleeves. The material seems to be about the same and they're harder to put on than my jacket but it's not too hard to do. I'm not so sure the jerseys are going to be any cooler than my jacket, I have strong doubts and I hope I didn't waste money. I was hoping for something more breathable at slower speeds than my jacket but they look almost identical in inner and outer materials. I'll have to test them before I'll know if I made a good buy. 

Beemer

Waiting for Astars S-MX 5 boots and SP-1 gloves for track day from Revzilla. Saved some money with price match too.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

I was waiting for these until 7pm today.

it is damn near midnight and i have been thinking about this akro ti exhaust. i couldnt resist the urge anymore. i did it. now i wait... for now i will brap in my sleep.

Just ordered some Sick Innovations Clip-ons, will let you guys know how they fit.
Following this.

• Global Moderator
I was waiting for these until 7pm today. 

for zhe daytonah? 

Archived