The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Sightings (Bay Area Edition)

jeffkisthename

• Premium Member

I have yet to ride into the city. I'm now a weekend rider  :'(

But cray go cart story... 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe you guys ride in SF proper, those steep grades scare me on some of those streets (am I being a wuss?)

I can't believe you guys ride in SF proper, those steep grades scare me on some of those streets (am I being a wuss?)
You're fine. All the years I've been riding, I avoid the big hills when I can. I don't even like going on some of the hills with a car.  
Funny story, a long time ago my wife and her friends decided to be tourist for the day. They all rented those Go Carts that you can ride throughout the city. I forgot what street, but they happened to attempt to go up one of the steep ones. When they came to the stop sign at the top, I guess my wife's couldn't make it up and started going backwards. Good thing a car was there to block her. Lol. Our friends had to help her push the go cart up. That must have been scary. Haha.
Haha jesus . I just moved out here from Chicago (land of 0 hills) and I  was actually blown away at how steep some of those side streets really are. I find myself laughing in my Jeep when I'm driving around in the city. I can totally see one of those yellow go cart things struggling. 

I keeps it real
Instagram: @mr_neeme

• Premium Member

I have birthday shenanigans to attend to all weekend. Maybe next weekend? @Simbadc650, will you be free then as well?! TEEEXT MEEEEE.

I shall text u today, new phone!

I have birthday shenanigans to attend to all weekend. Maybe next weekend? @simbadc650 , will you be free then as well?! TEEEXT MEEEEE.

• Premium Member
I shall text u today, new phone! 

I have birthday shenanigans to attend to all weekend. Maybe next weekend? @simbadc650 , will you be free then as well?! TEEEXT MEEEEE.

@simbadc650
If you guys planning a ride next Sunday, please post it on " norcal group ride " page, I might be up for that ride on that weekend. Just please post it and let everyone knows about it.

Raven black oem fz07, Raleston Belmont ! I see you ! Going to the free cornering clinic?
Free cornering clinic?!? How often does this happen, when and where?

• Premium Member

Yesterday around 6:30 pm, going north on 880 (by Hayward city), a white FZ 07 doing 95 mph on the highway, hi ....!!

Yesterday around 6:30 pm, going north on 880 (by Hayward city), a white FZ 07 doing 95 mph on the highway, hi ....!!

I was near there on the freeway at that time heading to my friends house, but I was on a silver/blue FZ. I guess it wasn't me, but speed sounds about the same. Lol.

Raven black oem fz07, Raleston Belmont ! I see you ! Going to the free cornering clinic?
looks like every month, ill try and find a link 

Are you talking about the Doc Wong rides?

yeah saw the first post about it saturday, was short notice to join his cornering class last sunday, but seems like a awesome guy and what he does! 

yeah saw the first post about it saturday, was short notice to join his cornering class last sunday, but seems like a awesome guy and what he does!
That's cool, thanks for sharing! 
I've taken a cornering class in Stockton from Super-Bike Coach. The classes aren't free, about $125 per class and it's a three part class. I've taken the first and will be taking the second in December. Here's the link if any of you were interested:https://www.superbike-coach.com 

Hopefully I can find a Sunday to meet up w/ Dr Wong for both his cornering clinic and suspension clinic. 

• Premium Member

Thanks for the head's up! I'm signing up for the email list. Hopefully I can make it too... I'll have to see if I can get off work early enough to make it to those night ones.

• Premium Member

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

WHEN: Today, 1:15PM
BIKE: Red, stock set up
WHERE: Near the corner of Mission and Beale, Financial District - SF

I love how everytime I've seen an FZ, it's parked close to a Duc Scrambler... Which has been the only time I see either one of them. :D

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

WHEN: Today, 1:15PM
BIKE: Red, stock set up
WHERE: Near the corner of Mission and Beale, Financial District - SF

I love how everytime I've seen an FZ, it's parked close to a Duc Scrambler... Which has been the only time I see either one of them. :D

I'll be riding into downtown tonight to meet up a friend. If you see a very loud matte silver/blurple with barend mirrors, clip ons, and a rear seat cowl... say hi because that's probally me.

• Premium Member

Seen a black FZ on 1st and Market twice.... Anyone, anyone?

Saw a blurple FZ07 in Napa lat night about 7 oclock going through the intersection of Lincoln and California.

2015 FZ-07, Graphite
Puig Touring windscreen, custom fit frame sliders, graves fender eliminator, evotech radiator guard, mad hornets adjustable levers, and coming soon, two brothers S1R and EJK
RIP 01 DRZ-400 (crank failure)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived