The MT-07 Forum

Riding Game

rotaryryan24

• Premium Member

61 degrees today so I decided to hit the twisties and play the riding game.qZMRqF9.jpg
I just thought this one was funny. It look like they are warning you that cars will be skidding. Its a bit dark but o well.
r9tUbSD.jpg
NEXT: In celebration of Valentines... Your FZ-07 in front of a cheap motel. The price must be on the sign. OR in front of an expensive restaurant. 

• Like 2

I drove Sepulveda Blvd. in the San Fernando Valley. Saw more than twenty cheap motels. Not a one had the price on the sign. Maybe a local ordinance? Or it is just not practical... flexible pricing?
photo-9_zpssfr3vvoq.jpg

I'll hold off on posting a new challenge until I hear from Schalicke and other posters. Maybe someone else can get it. 

• Like 1

There's a cart outside that motel...surely it counts. They do have a jacuzzi though. That might be a wee bit too fancy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

The abandoned shopping cart really adds to ambiance. Extra credit for parking at the red curb too.

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

The abandoned shopping cart really adds to ambiance. Extra credit for parking at the red curb too.
Thank you. I tried extra hard on this one. I was hoping to incorporate a future guest in the image, but what with it being a holiday and monday morning, I couldn't find one. 
  • Like 1

Next challenge, your motorcycle in front of a tropical fish store, preferably one that sports a good mural like a lot of them do. And for a backup challenge, any pet store besides the national chains.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
b2BERlA.jpg
Me and the wife sought this one out. Sorry, no cool muriel. :(
Next up: Your bike in front of a crazy looking church or temple.

• Premium Member

Nice! Where are you located? I am guessing the South. Here in Utah we have a small variety of churches & temples but most are LDS . The LDS churches are not cool at all but the Temples are amazing. I am not of the LDS faith but I sure can appreciate the craftsmanship they put into them.

Do you want it to be a live clown or a sign/picture?

Texarkana, Arkansas. A LOT of churches around here, but most of them are smaller and standard construction. This one stood out to me right away because it's so very over-the-top. What part of Utah are you from? I passed through there on a road trip in 2012 and absolutely loved it. We didn't get to see SLC or any of the large cities; we were westbound on I-70, and then south on I-15 to Zion National Park. I'm actually in the process of planning out this year's trip with a decent dose of Utah included again.

And the clown can be a sign, painting, person, whatever. Just needs to be a full-on circus clown. Double bonus points for the Clown Motel.

clown-motel-bikers.jpg

photo-10_zpskkrdkk9f.jpg

I liked the last two challenges.

New challenge, your bike next to an adventure bike with hard panniers. Super bonus points if the bike has a winch. I see these bikes all over Los Angeles these days. More common than ever. Funny how much time I spend in the backcountry of our SoCal deserts and almost never see these same bikes. Alternative challenge starting Monday if nobody gets it, your bike in front of a BBQ joint.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I can now participate... now that I can attach photos here!!! A city limits sign... I gotta see if I can find one where I can stop LOL. I do way too much highway riding.

• Like 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
All I can find are "Welcome to _____ City" signs. However, I've been riding a lot to try to find one.

That is the main point of the game. Keep riding. You will either find one or have unknowingly scouted out the next challenge.
  • Like 1

HBC, please make it stop raining, ice storming, and snowing in Tennessee and I will play again :( :(

Global Mods can do all :)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Subscribed for when I get my bike :)
I can't wait until I get my bike so I can start on this too!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I'm looking forward to better weather for all so there is more competition here. It's too easy (for me at least) and boring!

Weekend's coming, who's going to get this?

Illegitimi non carborundum