The MT-07 Forum

Side cover powder coat

iluvspdtt

• Global Moderator
For those interested, you can order worldwide parts at the following site: http://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu

Prior to going there you need to find your parts #'s in Europe. Certain black parts are available on the Tracer 700 (which is the FZ07 redesigned) in black. Go to www.yamaha-motor.eu and select UK (Great Britian)for the full english site.

Once in there, navigate in the menu section and go to "Services --> Parts Catalogue". Once in there, go the about the middle of the page and click on "Yamaha Online Parts Catalogue" button.

This will open a new windows were you need to accept the terms and conditions to continue so just go ahead and click "I Agree". Once the page load just follow the steps 1, 2 & 3 by selecting:

Step 1: Displacement: 401-750
Step 2: Model Name: MT07 TRACER ABS - MTT690-A
Step 3: Model Year: 2016

Once ready, click "Search" button on the right side and you can select either model listed there as the only difference is color choice.
After selecting it the catalogue will be presented to you. In here you can navigate/scroll to "35: Stand & Footrest" and check the part numbers for the components you need. You can then do the same for "36: Stand & Footrest 2".

Here are the remaining parts that I need on black, that I could not order in the US, just to give you an idea. Came out to €242.28 (Euros) which is $267.71. Shipping €29.99 (Euros), $33.14. I haven't placed my order yet.

They will for.sure ship to the US?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Yup. Already have them in my cart and went through the ordering process. I listed the prices above. Will be shipped via DHL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I had my pieces on order and went to have them installed yesterday. Come to find out that they mistakenly ordered all my pieces in the silver instead of the black. So today I decided to go out to the shop I use for customizations to inquire about having the side pieces powdercoated. Come to find out that to have all my side covers, brake pedal, shift pedal (everything on the side that's silver) powdercoated and my headers ceramic coated black, it'll cost me less than what I spent just to order the parts (with no ceramic covering of my headers). Plus I'm not limited to one color. So I have cancelled my order and am dropping my bike off tomorrow to have the work done.

I know the discussion shifted a bit but I got my stuff back today. I couldn't complain about $50. 
20160716_152352_zpscngrtrof.jpg

Looking clean. Good job

Thanks, I'm hoping to order my rearsests soon which I'll have powder coated the same color before I put them on so they match better. I'm also considering having my exhaust ceramic coated black, just not sure where to send it.

• Premium Member

@iluvspdtt I dropped my bike off yesterday. I've already switched my rider and passenger foot pegs out to the Rizoma Pegs "Pro" foot pegs (black). I should have it back from getting the powder coating and ceramic coating done in about a week and a half or so.

Thanks, I'm hoping to order my rearsests soon which I'll have powder coated the same color before I put them on so they match better. I'm also considering having my exhaust ceramic coated black, just not sure where to send it.

Yeah, finding things to match with our blue is such a pain in the butt. I've been thinking about what other colors I could paint the plastics on the bike so it wouldn't look too off with the frame and rims, but still look clean. Want something different than the stock color, but just don't want it to look tacky either.

• Premium Member
Yeah, finding things to match with our blue is such a pain in the butt. I've been thinking about what other colors I could paint the plastics on the bike so it wouldn't look too off with the frame and rims, but still look clean. Want something different than the stock color, but just don't want it to look tacky either.
I've been thinking about orange.  I have a Matris rear shock (orange spring), and I've always liked the combination of orange/blue/purple/silver.  It reminds me of beautiful evening sunset sky colors.  I'd like to find some good vinyl graphics in orange, or maybe I'll have to do a custom paint job on the plastics. ;) 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Not an FZ07 but your only limited by your mind, and what your willing to spend if at all.

• Premium Member
Not an FZ07 but your only limited by your mind, and what your willing to spend if at all.
I like it!  ...and I think some burple would blend even better that the purple.  

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
@enupe 
Just remember that the pivot covers are actually plastic, so I would just get those OEM since they are now available in the US on the model with Yellow wheels. I think they might melt if you tried to powdercoat them.

:)

- Paulie
Can you find this gilles tooling anodised oil filler caps (red) for the FZ07?

I was originally planning on painting my plastics Glacier Frost Mica. It's a pearl white Lexus color with a blue mica mid coat. Then replacing all my textured plastic with carbon fiber and spraying them with a blue candy. In the dark it would just look black and white but in the sun it would really pop.

• Premium Member
@enupe  
Just remember that the pivot covers are actually plastic, so I would just get those OEM since they are now available in the US on the model with Yellow wheels. I think they might melt if you tried to powdercoat them.

:)

- Paulie
Can you find this gilles tooling anodised oil filler caps (red) for the FZ07?

Where did find that one?  The version Gilles lists in their catalog is totally different.

- Paulie

• Premium Member

@pgeldz it's in Europe for the Tracer 700. I could get it but shipping alone is like $30. Can you post a pic of the one your talking about and does it come in red?

• Premium Member
I was originally planning on painting my plastics Glacier Frost Mica. It's a pearl white Lexus color with a blue mica mid coat. Then replacing all my textured plastic with carbon fiber and spraying them with a blue candy. In the dark it would just look black and white but in the sun it would really pop.
Go for it! I'm all for having the bike look different from every other out there.

• Premium Member

I am looking at the one I posted above and the following. I want just a little splash of red.

• Premium Member
I am looking at the one I posted above and the following. I want just a little splash of red.
It's the bottom one with the 3 different colored rings... 
- Paulie

• Premium Member

Ok, thanks. Lmao...I like the one over in Europe better. Don't for the life of me know why they do that. Why can't they just sell the same parts over here that they do over there? It's ridiculous!

• Premium Member

I also just found this one.
www.motomummy.com/bolts-plugs-nuts/evotech-oil-fill-cap/

• Premium Member

Just pulled the trigger on this one for $35 no shipping. I like evotech parts and didn't have to worry about it coming from overseas. It's gonna look good on my bike once I get it back from the shop.

Go for it! I'm all for having the bike look different from every other out there.

I decided to put graphics on it for now. A lot cheaper. Maybe someday, when my other 3 bikes are done perhaps.

Archived