The MT-07 Forum

Speed & Strength Lunatic Fringe Jersey

mardi72

Got mine in large .. snug fit, I'm 5' 8" , 190 ... it fits snug and will do, but like it so much and the value is so good, ordered another in XL RED. Applied my .82 cents bandit bucks .. sweet ... lol

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to know @jerryv, Im 5'8 and 200lbs. I was concerened about that so I got a L, and XL.  Tracking says they are in front of my door waiting for me to get home!! update soon

• Premium Member

Got mine love it! Thanks for the heads up !

I'm 47 inch chest 18 inch guns got the size 2X and glad I did . I was thinking a size smaller for tighter fit that would have been a mistake FYI

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
Amazing quality for the prices, right?
Well... I think the operative phrase there is "for the price".  It seems like reasonable quality, not great, not rubbish, but the price is insane. In comparison, I paid $160 for my Icon Hooligan jacket.  It is probably a little higher quality (still not amazing), and a pretty good deal, but, to be honest, I think I will be using the Lunatic jersey at least as often, especially on days like today when the temp was 99 on the way home (legit weather observation point, not my bikes temp gauge, which read 105 when I was moving).
So, the price makes this thing a no-brainer.  The quality?  Well, if it falls apart by the end of the year, I should have bought more. ;)
BTW: The jersey was fantastic in today's heat on my commute.  I would be at a loss to try to find better ventilation, and still have the same protection at anything 4X the price.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
Amazing quality for the prices, right?
Well... I think the operative phrase there is "for the price".  It seems like reasonable quality, not great, not rubbish, but the price is insane. In comparison, I paid $160 for my Icon Hooligan jacket.  It is probably a little higher quality (still not amazing), and a pretty good deal, but, to be honest, I think I will be using the Lunatic jersey at least as often, especially on days like today when the temp was 99 on the way home (legit weather observation point, not my bikes temp gauge, which read 105 when I was moving).
So, the price makes this thing a no-brainer.  The quality?  Well, if it falls apart by the end of the year, I should have bought more. ;)
BTW: The jersey was fantastic in today's heat on my commute.  I would be at a loss to try to find better ventilation, and still have the same protection at anything 4X the price.

IMO leather is the best with armor but in the summer come on lets face it we have to make a compromise 35 bucks for armor is 100% better than a t shirt so .... On that note I want a nice leather but my budget dose not fit it now so this is a compromise.... Having crashed in a fly summer jacket and still loosing all the skin on my 4 arm I should know better ... but it the risk we take and I only blame myself when shit hits the fan

martyinaustin

dang it people...a man can only stand so much. i bought one too. i'm in Austin and it's going to be in the 90s for the next few months so screw it. it'll be fun
to shoot it out against my Rev'It Tracer jacket. so far, i'm loving that for heat if only because it keeps the sun off my arms but is pretty light relative to my
perf textile jacket.

wangshin248

avoid SS jacket and helmet

Jacket: bulky, oversize, protection not good
Helmet: fog, noisy but it's nice build

shaneallen23

Got mine in earlier this week. At 6' 175lbs I went with a large and it was the right call. It definitely is a looser fit than my jackets, but that'd kind of the point and it makes wearing over a button down much more comfortable on my ride to work. Flows air really nicely, protection stays where I want it. Not the highest quality but it was a $40 purchase, what can you expect?

I would opt for my RevIt mesh jacket on a joy-ride, but for commuting to work or a quick ride down the street/into town this is great.

• Premium Member

Super happy with this purchase!

Guest 2wheeler

Just ordered the silver in XL

I would have kicked myself if they ran out - Too many good reviews - Plus I live in the DC area and we hit 96 degrees today.

If I really like it, I'm going to follow my rule on this crap - buy 3-4 of them and put them away. When one wears out, get out another new one.

Over 10 years ago I did that one with these awesome hiking sandals that were $100 apiece, but Sierra Trading Post was blowing them out for $25 a pop. As I'm typing, I'm wearing the 4th and last pair of them.

robertbishop

Mine finally came in and frankly I hate it, but I'm still glad I bought it for the nice protection that came stuffed in there. Don't feel ripped off at all, just way less comfortable than expected.

berettatrio

Just got mine today. 175lb 6'0" and a large fits great. Flows air really nicely. the only thing I don't like are the thumb holes to keep the sleeves down. It makes my hand feel sore in between my thumb and pointer. other than that i love this thing and will wear it for those short rides when it is hot out

• Premium Member
Just got mine today. 175lb 6'0" and it fits great. Flows air really nicely. the only thing I don't like are the thumb holes to keep the sleeves down. It makes my hand feel sore in between my thumb and pointer. other than that i love this thing and will wear it for those short rides when it is hot out
I don't use the thumb holes, because my summer gloves won't fit over the extra fabric.  I just stick my hand through that part and pretend it isn't there.  BTW, more rides in 95+ temps, and I still prefer it to the other mesh options in my closet. 

Why can't left turners see us?

berettatrio
Just got mine today. 175lb 6'0" and a large  fits great. Flows air really nicely. the only thing I don't like are the thumb holes to keep the sleeves down. It makes my hand feel sore in between my thumb and pointer. other than that i love this thing and will wear it for those short rides when it is hot out
I don't use the thumb holes, because my summer gloves won't fit over the extra fabric.  I just stick my hand through that part and pretend it isn't there.  BTW, more rides in 95+ temps, and I still prefer it to the other mesh options in my closet. 

Ya I ended up just not using them. I rode in 96 degrees today and it wasn't too bad. Much better than my Perforated leather jacket 

berettatrio
Honestly it's a awesome jersey Ima order the other two colors
especially for the price you cant beat it 

dentalprodigy

I've had a chance to try my jersey out. Very happy I ordered one. For the price, it's great. The small fits me very well. It flows air nicely and looks pretty good as well.

I also agree that the thumb holes make my palms hurt so I haven't been using them.

Guest ChicagoAJ

With all the sales they're making from this forum alone maybe they'll bring the jersey back! I'd love to see more colors, especially a blue.

With all the sales they're making from this forum alone maybe they'll bring the jersey back! I'd love to see more colors, especially a blue.
AJ just the other day I was laughing to myself that so many FZ owners were going to be rocking this jersey that people might think it came free with the bike! 
Oh man you read my mind on color as well, a nice Yamaha blue and I would definitely buy a couple!

Got my jerseys on Wednesday. They aren't easy to put on because of the bulky armor but I got it on. Seemed easier to get off. When I did get it on something sharp like needles were poking me in the back so I took it off to see what it was. It was the hard, pointy plastic side of the Velcro for the back pad pocket exposed and poking me so you gotta make sure that is covered/velcroed properly before putting it on, my bad. Haven't tried it outside yet, it's been too hot so I don't go outside for anything unless I have to and then it's the Toyota with AC.

Beemer

Gotta put it on like dressing a 3yr old beemer. Roll the bottom up to the sleeves, put a hand in each arm, raise your arms and let it fall (hopefully) over your head. Me getting out of it on the other hand is most likely like watching someone trying to slip out of a straight jacket.

Guest 2wheeler

Just looked at the Bike Bandit site, and the red jersey in large and x-large is sold out. I wondered when that was going to start happening.

Archived