The MT-07 Forum

What's your next bike gonna be?

zoltan

• Premium Member
2017 Street Triple RS: 375 lbs and 121hp 
The more I read, the more I'm drooling.

This means that Yamaha will be working on a new FZ-07, I guarantee that.
I sure hope so.  I'd really prefer the proven reliability, parts availability, and low maintenance of a Yamaha. :) 
  • Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
2017 Street Triple RS: 375 lbs and 121hp 
The more I read, the more I'm drooling.

This means that Yamaha will be working on a new FZ-07, I guarantee that.
i forsee a new fz lineup in the future Perhaps an fz07s?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
I'm really liking the new triumph street triple 765 rs the dash looks awesome and the bug eyes are really growing on me lol
I could tolerate the bug eye lights from the last couple years, but now they are making them even harder to look at with this 765 release I just learned about 3 minutes ago...
I dunno...that new 765 looks pretty sexy to me :) 
- Paulie

• Premium Member
you're going to laugh, I'm thinking R3 this year
Not laughing at all.  I picked one up a few months ago to race in the lightweight classes, and had a TON OF FUN breaking it in on the street, bone stock. 
I'm awaiting all the parts to transform it into the racebike...

:)

- Paulie
  • Like 2

you're going to laugh, I'm thinking R3 this year
Not laughing at all.  I picked one up a few months ago to race in the lightweight classes, and had a TON OF FUN breaking it in on the street, bone stock. 
I'm awaiting all the parts to transform it into the racebike...

:)

- Paulie
Not laughing here either. R3s are a blast.

• Premium Member
I could tolerate the bug eye lights from the last couple years, but now they are making them even harder to look at with this 765 release I just learned about 3 minutes ago...
I'm super impressed with the 2017 Street Triple, the RS model especially.  I think that, if it had been available when I bought my FZ-07, I would probably be riding one now.  But... it's too much like the FZ for me to take a financial dump just to get one, and I'm still really happy with the FZ-07.
I can't speak to the new 765 engine, but if it's tuned like the 13+ striples then I wouldn't say the fz07 and the striple are very much alike at all. The street needs to be spun up a bit before it really makes peak torque and power, but it still has some get up once it passes the mid range (which was something like 6k if iirc). The street engine also feels much smoother in terms of power delivery. Makes it feel kind of tame in comparison to the fz and far less likely to loft the front wheel unless you're really trying to. Ergonomics and suspension were also notably different. Definitely more leaned over the bars with the higher and more rear oriented pegs on the street. I had the R model street and if you're doing any twisty riding you'd likely notice how much more planted and firm the street's suspension felt compared to the fz. For my taste the street was almost too mild mannered coming from the fz07, and I quickly jumped ship to a Daytona. I suspect that the new 765 triple will also be a pleasant combo of buttery smooth power deliver and great handling. What I really hope is that the 765 engine gets tuned to Daytona specs and dropped in a Daytona frame. Seems possible since triumph is taking over the moto 2 engines next year.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
I'm super impressed with the 2017 Street Triple, the RS model especially.  I think that, if it had been available when I bought my FZ-07, I would probably be riding one now.  But... it's too much like the FZ for me to take a financial dump just to get one, and I'm still really happy with the FZ-07.
I can't speak to the new 765 engine, but if it's tuned like the 13+ striples then I wouldn't say the fz07 and the striple are very much alike at all. The street needs to be spun up a bit before it really makes peak torque and power, but it still has some get up once it passes the mid range (which was something like 6k if iirc). The street engine also feels much smoother in terms of power delivery. Makes it feel kind of tame in comparison to the fz and far less likely to loft the front wheel unless you're really trying to. Ergonomics and suspension were also notably different. Definitely more leaned over the bars with the higher and more rear oriented pegs on the street. I had the R model street and if you're doing any twisty riding you'd likely notice how much more planted and firm the street's suspension felt compared to the fz. For my taste the street was almost too mild mannered coming from the fz07, and I quickly jumped ship to a Daytona. I suspect that the new 765 triple will also be a pleasant combo of buttery smooth power deliver and great handling. What I really hope is that the 765 engine gets tuned to Daytona specs and dropped in a Daytona frame. Seems possible since triumph is taking over the moto 2 engines next year.
I guess what I mean by "too much like the FZ" is the bikes basic useful application.  It's still a middle weight naked bike great for commuting and hooliganism but would be less than ideal for distance / touring duty. Probably the same reason you went to the Daytona. 

AlbatrossCafe
Indian darkhorse or chief. Or a yamaha raider
I had a Raider before the FZ. Great bike. The best looking bike I've ever owned IMHO. I loved the style/feel of it. You can get them for pretty cheap too. They don't sell well at dealers so can probably cut a pretty good price. 
Lots of torque & power. It was one of the few vehicles I've owned where I was happy with minimal mods. All I did was throw an exhaust on it and I was happy. I probably would have upgraded the seat if I kept it (way too hard). I sold it after 6 months/7000 miles for the following reasons:

[ol type=decimal][*]The cruiser riding position hurt my back. I can't have all my weight on my ass like that for a long time.
[*]The way I rode it, it got 31mpg. At best I got like 39mpg.
[*]I ride in traffic a lot and wanted to be a bit more nimble. That beast was 8.5' long![*]I didn't want to ride it in the rain! It was too nice of a bike!
[/ol]
http://i.imgur.com/LW3U9Ed.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0nT7zdo.jpg

• Like 1

That's pretty extreme putting those spikes on the rear fender. You must really hate women asking for rides. 

Next bike won't be for a while but...
in descending obsessedical order:
Brutale Dragster
Monster 1200 S
[a href=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/bike/urban/2014/r1200r/r1200r_overview.html&notrack=1]R 1200 R
[a href=https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2017-Z900-ABS]Z900
[/a]CB1000R[/a] - If they ever black it out again 

• Like 1

Here, in Canada, 2 stroke bikes like the TZR250, TDR250 and the Szuki RG250 were available.  Sadly, i was in school with no money for this expensive bikes. Also too peaky and not a practical bike. The RZ350 was more rationnal bike (Yamaha offered them 'till 1989 if memories are good). 
Would love to own one of these little 250 screamers.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 2wheeler

Been a little crazy on what my next bike is going to be, and last night I finally made my decision/commitment. I just ordered a 2017 Subaru BRZ Ltd in blue. Yeah I know it's not a bike, but my FZ-07 and I had a talk, and the FZ is just fine with sharing space with my new toy.

2017_BRZ_photos_ext_09.jpg

upload image anonymous

• Like 4

Been a little crazy on what my next bike is going to be, and last night I finally made my decision/commitment. I just ordered a 2017 Subaru BRZ Ltd in blue. Yeah I know it's not a bike, but my FZ-07 and I had a talk, and the FZ is just fine with sharing space with my new toy. 

upload image anonymous

Great toy!! I was casually yesterday daydreaming about the WRX and Evos... hehe

Safe riding!

upload image anonymous

From that angle it reminds me a little of an old Datsun Z model, although the front end isn't quite as long. I love that styling! Nc car! 

Datsun_280_Z.jpg

• Like 1

Beemer

After just getting home from the motorcycle show the want for an S1000R is that much greater! Also was really surprised my the Speed Triple R that is a beautiful bike!

But until I have a garage the FZ will have to do.

• Like 2

Either ZX14R or a slingshot (counts, right?). Leaning more towards a ZX14R. Wouldn't be for a while though. Heard 14Rs are surprisingly comfortable for a supersport, even comparing them to cruisers.

Guest 2wheeler

upload image anonymous

OK, so it turned out I had me a wicked case of buyers remorse, and flipped my deposit on the BRZ to a 2017 Subaru Forester which I bought and took home today. I caved to the angel of practicality on my shoulder who was slapping the crap out of the devil of do what feels good.  
Truth be known, I am planning to move out to the Rockies in 1-2 years and the Forester makes a lot more sense. Plus I have my FZ-07 to take care of my need for being stupid.

Hope springs eternal for the lottery win which means all the cars, trucks, and of course, motorcycles I want.

• Premium Member

upload image anonymous

OK, so it turned out I had me a wicked case of buyers remorse, and flipped my deposit on the BRZ to a 2017 Subaru Forester which I bought and took home today. I caved to the angel of practicality on my shoulder who was slapping the crap out of the devil of do what feels good.  
Truth be known, I am planning to move out to the Rockies in 1-2 years and the Forester makes a lot more sense. Plus I have my FZ-07 to take care of my need for being stupid.

Hope springs eternal for the lottery win which means all the cars, trucks, and of course, motorcycles I want.

You are strong.   There's no way I could drive that BRZ, then swap it for a Forester.  I love "driver's cars" and that BRZ is a great one. But...  I understand, and consequently don't own a BRZ  (but I keep thinking about it).   :D