The MT-07 Forum

What's your next bike gonna be?

zoltan

dentalprodigy
Been a little crazy on what my next bike is going to be, and last night I finally made my decision/commitment. I just ordered a 2017 Subaru BRZ Ltd in blue. Yeah I know it's not a bike, but my FZ-07 and I had a talk, and the FZ is just fine with sharing space with my new toy. 

2017_BRZ_photos_ext_09.jpg

upload image anonymous

OK, so it turned out I had me a wicked case of buyers remorse, and flipped my deposit on the BRZ to a 2017 Subaru Forester which I bought and took home today. I caved to the angel of practicality on my shoulder who was slapping the crap out of the devil of do what feels good.  
Truth be known, I am planning to move out to the Rockies in 1-2 years and the Forester makes a lot more sense. Plus I have my FZ-07 to take care of my need for being stupid.

Hope springs eternal for the lottery win which means all the cars, trucks, and of course, motorcycles I want.

I'm in a similar situation. My dilemma is weather to swap my '14 FRS for a '17 BRZ or become an adult & get the Forester. Living with the FRS for 3 years, I know all too well of the compromises one has to make with storage space and winter driving(with stock tires).

Guest 2wheeler

You are strong.   There's no way I could drive that BRZ, then swap it for a Forester.  I love "driver's cars" and that BRZ is a great one. But...  I understand, and consequently don't own a BRZ  (but I keep thinking about it).   :D

Well, I was lucky in that they would not let me test ride the BRZ ahead of time. They had one Series Yellow BRZ which they won't let anyone drive at the dealership. I did take a test ride in a WRX to see if there was a compromise between practicality and hoolaganism. What I discovered is that I really do not like the combination of a turbo and a manual transmission. I've been driving V8's way too long and I have to have low end torque. The WRX (268hp version) has a good kick, but it didn't do it for me. 
There is one problem with that Forester, and that is I now need to get another college degree to figure out how all the electronics work in that car - LOL. Seriously, it's amazing all the things these new cars do! That backup camera makes me feel like a hillbilly who experienced his first flush toilet :D

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
Been a little crazy on what my next bike is going to be, and last night I finally made my decision/commitment. I just ordered a 2017 Subaru BRZ Ltd in blue. Yeah I know it's not a bike, but my FZ-07 and I had a talk, and the FZ is just fine with sharing space with my new toy. 

You're gonna love it  ;)

IMG_1632.jpg

• Like 3

883f82ae8169f675aa1e49ad246c601b.jpg

Just picked it up. I will miss the 07. 40k miles of fun on that little bike. If anyone in sd wants a well cared for fz with exhaust, hord intake, powercommander, full suspension, for 2500 bucks, speak now or it gets traded in.
  • Like 6

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
883f82ae8169f675aa1e49ad246c601b.jpg 
Just picked it up. I will miss the 07. 40k miles of fun on that little bike. If anyone in sd wants a well cared for fz with exhaust, hord intake, powercommander, full suspension, for 2500 bucks, speak now or it gets traded in.
I can't wait to get one myself. Enjoy that beast!
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

Me I'm going after the FZ 10 once my 07 is paid for. But my wife is doing the MSF course this year and I'm hoping the bring the FZ 250 here. That would be a good bike for her to learn on either that our a Honda grom. We looked at one not to long ago and she loved it so that might be the next bike we get. That our the R3 she liked that one just as much as the grom. I couldn't get her out of the store and usually that's me when looking at bikes

Subaru does make another model with just letters in its name. I's crazy fun to drive, has 4 doors, a trunk, and is AWD *(versus rear drive for that cute BRZ) - It's called WRX! Ground clearance suffers over the Forester or Outback of course, so if jeep trails/dirt roads are in your future, well .

On my 3rd Subie since 1980, [HASH]2 lasted 20 years. Might trade in my current 08 Outback for new - some day.

Lived in Colorado a while back for a couple years. You might consider swapping the all-weathers for studded snow tires in winter as the roads can get icy/deep snow covered in a heartbeat.

• Global Moderator
Subaru does make another model with just letters in its name. I's crazy fun to drive, has 4 doors, a trunk, and is AWD *(versus rear drive for that cute BRZ) - It's called WRX! Ground clearance suffers over the Forester or Outback of course, so if jeep trails/dirt roads are in your future, well .  
On my 3rd Subie since 1980, [HASH]2 lasted 20 years. Might trade in my current 08 Outback for new - some day.

Lived in Colorado a while back for a couple years. You might consider swapping the all-weathers for studded snow tires in winter as the roads can get icy/deep snow covered in a heartbeat.
Feel free to chat more about cars here;)
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Wow @2wheeler, we have a lot in common. I'm a Subaru lover as well, lol. Just got back from the east coast to see my WRX get on a trailer to come home. It's been at a shop for over 3 years and they didn't honor what we agreed on. Finally came to a settlement and got my car back. It's going to a famous builder in Cali to get finished (think full World Rally Car set up for Tarmac).

:)

- Paulie

• Like 2

(think full World Rally Car set up for Tarmac). 

- Paulie
Pics and more meat or I'm coming over there real fast (I got a Sube too)...

• Premium Member
(think full World Rally Car set up for Tarmac). 

- Paulie
Pics and more meat or I'm coming over there real fast (I got a Sube too)...
I didn't want to clog this thread up with car stuff, but since you asked... 

Before1.jpg

Before2.jpg

Before3.jpg

Before4.jpg

This is what it looked like BEFORE it went under the knife :)

It's 75mm wider on EACH side now...

IMG_20170213_160953.jpg

Body is mostly done, but still needs a lot of finishing work.  Half cage going in, and gonna update the interior a little bit.

- Paulie

• Like 5

• Premium Member

In another year and around 15-20k miles, probably a WR250X.

11307.jpg

• Like 4

Everything went braap.

In another year and around 15-20k miles, probably a WR250X.

finally, a WR-X of the right variety. :)
  • Like 3
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Okay folks, I think I've gone nuts. I sat on a new 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000F and I think I'm gonna buy it. Opinions?
watch?v=W_2KnQsrq-I[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_2KnQsrq-I]

• Like 3

Why can't left turners see us?

That is an awesome machine Rowdy. I sold my 07 and bought a leftover 750 gsxr. They wanted it gone bad and gave me a fantastic deal. I still have the wife's 07 to ride so I got the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

thomascrown

GSXS1000 is a fantastic bike, I was very close to pulling the trigger on one. Apparently it gets a slipper clutch for 2017.

I remember trying to cut every excessive gram off of my fz07. Now, I pile on the pounds like a fat ass.

geezer.jpg

• Premium Member
Okay folks, I think I've gone nuts. I sat on a new 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000F and I think I'm gonna buy it. Opinions? watch?v=W_2KnQsrq-I[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_2KnQsrq-I]

Do it!  I 'm in love with my GSXR1000.  
  • Like 1

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
Okay folks, I think I've gone nuts. I sat on a new 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000F and I think I'm gonna buy it. Opinions? watch?v=W_2KnQsrq-I[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_2KnQsrq-I]

Do it!  I 'm in love with my GSXR1000.
I'm trying to work a deal with the dealership, but they are making it hard.  You'd think they would want to get rid of 2016s at a good discount, but they aren't really making me feel like I'm getting a bargain.  So... I'm still working in it. :( 
  • Like 1

Can't remember if I've commented on here already or not, but if I was replacing the FZ07, it'd be for a Street Triple (likely not new) or an S1000R. If it was going to be in addition to the FZ07, I'd look for an older CBR600 or GSXR600.

• Premium Member
R3 or R6 track bike. I need a garage first though...
I vote R3, but I may be biased :) 
- Paulie
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
The moment Honda releases a VFR 800 Naked (if they ever do!), I will have to trade in. I love the FZ but nothing can get me off of a V4. 
*please, no more http pic links. To upload pics, click "add image to post, search your computer for pics, then click upload and it dumps the pic code into your post. * -Cruizin
I've always loved the Honda V4s.   I'm not sure I'd swap a VFR 800 naked for an FZ-07 though.  It's gonna weigh more and probably cost more too.  Don't get me wrong though, it would be a stellar bike. :) 

AlbatrossCafe
The moment Honda releases a VFR 800 Naked (if they ever do!), I will have to trade in. I love the FZ but nothing can get me off of a V4. 
*please, no more http pic links. To upload pics, click "add image to post, search your computer for pics, then click upload and it dumps the pic code into your post. * -Cruizin
I've always loved the Honda V4s.   I'm not sure I'd swap a VFR 800 naked for an FZ-07 though.  It's gonna weigh more and probably cost more too.  Don't get me wrong though, it would be a stellar bike. :)
Alright, check out the picture of the concept (I fixed it in my post) and tell me if that changes your mind. 
  • Like 1