The MT-07 Forum

What's your next bike gonna be?

zoltan

Guest ChicagoAJ
For now...  

I thought it was fast enough for me too. Can never have too much power. 
There is not a for now. Ive already owned faster bikes. Torquier high HP bikes. Heavier bikes. Lighter bikes. Bikes with better suspension and brakes. 
The FZ07 for me was a very calculated purchase that I compared to the likes of getting another ZX10R or Z750S or even trying out a TW200. Hell a Grom was in the running as well. Ive even kept my 82 Nighthawk 650 and 2012 Shadow 1100.

I can with 100% certainty say the FZ07 will be my last bike unless something happens to it.
I'll be here when you post about getting another bike.  (rofl)
  • Like 1

There is not a for now. Ive already owned faster bikes. Torquier high HP bikes. Heavier bikes. Lighter bikes. Bikes with better suspension and brakes. 
The FZ07 for me was a very calculated purchase that I compared to the likes of getting another ZX10R or Z750S or even trying out a TW200. Hell a Grom was in the running as well. Ive even kept my 82 Nighthawk 650 and 2012 Shadow 1100.

I can with 100% certainty say the FZ07 will be my last bike unless something happens to it.
A little harsh for ya to wish something negative to my FZ07 like that. Already had one hit with me on it and another stolen. :(

Guest ChicagoAJ
A little harsh for ya to wish something negative to my FZ07 like that. Already had one hit with me on it and another stolen. :(
Not wishing something bad happens, I meant I'll be waiting for you to get bored of it. 

Not wishing something bad happens, I meant I'll be waiting for you to get bored of it. 
Im not sure why you're so set on me getting bored with it. Had it for a year and I'm having as much fun as I did the day I got it. And much more fun than I ever did on my ZX10R. I down sized for a reason and it was the best decision I ever made.

• Like 1

I don't change bikes because I'm "bored" though I'm sure for some here that is one of their motivations. I think the comment was meant in the vein of "owning motorcycles is a sickness" and if you do this long enough "one" or "last one" eventually succumbs to temptation, excess disposable income, or other factors.

• Like 3
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I like the look of the FZ-10 or an FZ-09. I want to try and get ABS the next time around though. But this is all speculation as my wallet says my next bike will likely be from Walmart of the electric variety.

• Like 3

I don't change bikes because I'm "bored" though I'm sure for some here that is one of their motivations. I think the comment was meant in the vein of "owning motorcycles is a sickness" and if you do this long enough "one" or "last one" eventually succumbs to temptation, excess disposable income, or other factors.
I dunno. I've never felt that way.

My first motorcycle was bought out of necessity.

My second because the first was totaled when I got hit.

The third because the second one got totaled when I slipped in a pool of wet paint.

The fourth because I didnt inspect the third well eblnough before buying and it had a frame bent just enough to be noticeable in a deep lean.

The fifth because I wanted something actually safe.

The sixth because the fifth pulled head bolts.

The seventh because the sixth was too damn expensive on gas, not the most comfortable, and too heavy.

And finally the eighth because my seventh was stolen off the front porch in broad daylight.

Guest ChicagoAJ

The third because the second one got totaled when I slipped in a pool of wet paint.

The fourth because I didnt inspect the third well eblnough before buying and it had a frame bent just enough to be noticeable in a deep lean.

The seventh because the sixth was too damn expensive on gas, not the most comfortable, and too heavy.

And finally the eighth because my seventh was stolen off the front porch in broad daylight.

Sounds to me like there's still a possibility of a ninth in your future when/if you have any problems or get bored with your FZ. 
  • Like 1

Sounds to me like there's still a possibility of a ninth in your future when/if you have any problems or get bored with your FZ. 
As I've said. The only way I will be buying a new one is if there is a problem. Wrecked, stolen, etc. Though even there there is a good chance Id just buy a new FZ07

Robberboy, It is possible the universe is trying to tell you something about you and motorbikes...
Hopefully not. Or perhaps it is happening because your one true soulmate motorcycle still awaits you.

• Like 1

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Robberboy, It is possible the universe is trying to tell you something about you and motorbikes... Hopefully not. Or perhaps it is happening because your one true soulmate motorcycle still awaits you.
Maybe that soulmate is my FZ07. ;)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm leaning heavily toward a Speed Triple S at this point. The low end torque, near 50mpgs, tried and true engine, and sorted chassis/suspension are appealing. Also appealing is the mohawk helmet/leather vest/stunt cage crowd has minimal interest in them, so I wouldn't have to worry about it getting stolen.

AlbatrossCafe
I'm leaning heavily toward a Speed Triple S at this point. The low end torque, near 50mpgs, tried and true engine, and sorted chassis/suspension are appealing. Also appealing is the mohawk helmet/leather vest/stunt cage crowd has minimal interest in them, so I wouldn't have to worry about it getting stolen.
I test road a 2015 Street Triple R before the FZ. It was cool. Torque curve was decently linear. "Near 50 mpgs" is questionable. Definitely faster than the FZ though. Two reason I didn't get it:   
[ol type=decimal][*]It started at around 11k+ for the model with nothing on it
[*]The riding position had my arms hurting after 10 minutes. It is more of a sportbike position than the typical naked bike's sport-standard hybrid position
[/ol]

It is pretty ugly stock IMHO. It can look pretty good, but you need a couple of fairings/belly pan/tiny windscreen to offset those weird headlights.

To get it to look like this pic (only acceptable way for me) out the door price was going to be like 14k which was not worth at the time:

http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/upload/294098/images/06-street-triple-r.jpg

• Premium Member

I really like the new Ducati Supersport.  It just seems well positioned as a super versatile sport/touring bike.
I'm not sure if I can get over the price and reliability issues though.  Has Ducati reliability gotten better?
I love the looks of it though. :)

[attachment id=2421" thumbnail="1]

• Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

It did and the interval maintenance is no longer in the 7,500 mile range, but 18,500 for big intervals. Been happy with mine for going on 3 years, no problem at all.

• Like 1

I test road a 2015 Street Triple R before the FZ. It was cool. Torque curve was decently linear. "Near 50 mpgs" is questionable. Definitely faster than the FZ though. Two reason I didn't get it:   
[ol type=decimal][*]It started at around 11k+ for the model with nothing on it
[*]The riding position had my arms hurting after 10 minutes. It is more of a sportbike position than the typical naked bike's sport-standard hybrid position
[/ol]

It is pretty ugly stock IMHO. It can look pretty good, but you need a couple of fairings/belly pan/tiny windscreen to offset those weird headlights.

To get it to look like this pic (only acceptable way for me) out the door price was going to be like 14k which was not worth at the time:

http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/upload/294098/images/06-street-triple-r.jpg

I think Motorcyclist did the most recent comparison between the Tuono, FZ10, and Speed. The Tuono and FZ10 were getting low 30s, the Speed Triple was at 47mpg. This is the new one, fyi. The 2016 model. The powerband also is perfect for my intended use. Even my FZ is too strong up top now with the hordpower setup, I find myself shortshifting so I don't lose my license. I just want long gears, and tons of torque for roll on power:

mcy0117_comp_ergo.jpg?itok=GoyX5EQy

I wouldn't get the R, just the plain S. Which has slightly softer suspension, preferable for my use case.
Looks good to me:

6000000002.jpg

• Like 1

did Triumph change the frame again or is that black bike a pic of a SPEED triple (955cc'ish), not a STREET triple (675cc'ish, white bike)? The last Triumph I own is a 94 Daytona 900885.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
What's going on with Triumph in those dyno charts at 3k? That looks ridiculous (especially the torque plot).
Check out the pre 2017 brutale torque curves if you want a real rollercoaster.

Lots of stock bikes have funky torque curves due to fueling and emissions hardware+software.

Guest ChicagoAJ
What's going on with Triumph in those dyno charts at 3k? That looks ridiculous (especially the torque plot).
Check out the pre 2017 brutale torque curves if you want a real rollercoaster. 
Lots of stock bikes have funky torque curves due to fueling and emissions hardware+software.
I'm aware, I just have never seen one that severe. Usually they're bad, but not that bad. 

• Premium Member

If only I had the MONEY to spend .....!!!!
Yesterday I went to pick up some parts from the motor cycle shop (Mach 1 of Vallejo California) and I found by far one of the sweetest bike I had ever seen for sale , an Aprilia Factory RSV 1000 R, and YES.....!!! , it is a RACE / TRACK day bike ready.
I snapped a few shots for every one to see, and if anyone have $14,000 and would like to get the best of the best on two wheels, that bike will qualify it.
I wish I had the money to spend, or else I would have jumped on the deal.
Enjoy,

c773a245d3e9f18ae522253943598e33.jpg
5b9555a9b458c1fda2db13a839ae1cf2.jpg

And for a bonus it has the latest 58 number plate ( for you who watches the Moro GP)

0b5f874c42579ba226f8f53cee867e54.jpg
4447782c5cca237112c438c9c74f24bc.jpg
Check out this impressive upgrade list
3fe7fe5cdca52a9e106217859125dc69.jpg
24fc30ecd7aa9ae55624e5c110ba0f78.jpg
7d82004102d7f5f989d22f59e207bf79.jpg

Check out that awesome front fork (that what the FZ07 lacks.... upside down front forks).

7277bfae38ef5ae738fd33ea7d2ad1ad.jpg
759184a3333314d40ee38abd409e5132.jpg
be6d501b923885862895c15a75fafb41.jpg
620d63f64f5d1af49290555d37e5a557.jpg
faae2ff926cba9d9d16936418cada529.jpg3baa4785ec0a3a5b2ec1bc08f3844639.jpg
0034ba9a3854a1647cd3aba41ee4a107.jpg

• Like 2

wow a left over 2011!! I can get a 2016 V4 Tuono factory for 13,500+tax. Obviously this one has a few extra farkles. I wonder just how long they're going to hang onto it...

bannerfans_1095431.jpg