The MT-07 Forum

Clutch Switch/Aftermarket Clutch Perch & Lever

CarGuy7a

• Global Moderator
On 10/25/2016 at 1:03 AM, CarGuy7a said:

I bought the full length which is enough for 2 fingers, 3 if you choke up on it but seriously I can pull that thing in with 1 finger and hold it all day it's that easy.

Thanks for the sharing, I'm good with getting the wrenches out and going your own way. But in this case, the road is a little long if all you want is an easier pull at the lever.

You could have mentally decided, I'm going 2 finger clutch & 1 finger front brake. Then just do it. Your hand/finger muscles will beef way up in no time. I've been "covering" the handlebar controls with 2 fingers clutch, 1 finger brake at all times, 60+ years.

It won't need any explanation after you've done it for a month, your brain will know how much more quickly you brake/clutch in emergencies when "covering" levers. And surprise will be, you gain precision in clutch manipulation.

If you (still) want a cheat for braking, look up my Brembo RCS master mod on this site. You won't need a cheat for clutch unless maybe you upped clutch springs. Your hand muscles can develop near crushing power with a little exercise