The MT-07 Forum

Blue

level41

• Global Moderator
If it was the traditional Yam blue it would be the one for me. But it is not and so it isn't.
Europe gets the darker traditional Yamaha blue for 2017.

Of course they do
Why would the US get any good colors....

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

If it was the traditional Yam blue it would be the one for me. But it is not and so it isn't.
The 2017 MT-07 in blue looks fantastic.  They had one at the dealer where I bought mine and pictures do not do it justice.

Ah, yes it does. Lovely, but no blue front fender side element - AGAIN!!!

Just do it! 

trainspottingbaby

In Canada we have the blue in ABS, and that's the one I bought. I fell in love with the colour immediately, and I'd have picked it even given the choice of any of the previous colours because of its uniqueness. Pics don't quite do it justice. It's sort of a metallic blue that changes between medium and light depending on the lighting.

Strange that the choices in Canada are just slightly different from the US. Here, the blue is referred to as "Pale Metallic Blue", vs the US "Glacier Blue". Also Yamaha Canada offers both the red and blue models in ABS, and we also have a non-ABS blue as well as a non-ABS grey with bright yellow rims. The US version of this year's grey 07 seems to have dark rims. Not sure which I prefer.

Thanks for the pics @sweeps . I think that the new blue looks great and would pick that color option out of the 2017 lineup. The blue gives me a nostalgic vibe (late 60's early 70's muscle car), even though the bike does not. I'm sure that you'll get loads of compliments. I like the striping on the wheels as well, but wish that they would have blacked out the heel guard/frame instead of going with silver.
IKR! Nothing so special about a heal plate & cover that they need to stand out.  

Beemer

Archived