The MT-07 Forum

What other bikes have you owned?

faffi

hachirokutoy

Let me see if I can remember.

I am a commuter. Ride bikes everyday rain or shine. I was able to start riding bikes as soon as I got married. Was able to afford one in 2008. Went up the later in getting newer and bigger bikes when possible, but there were some scenarios where we were in an economical bind and had to sell the bike and start over again. Hence I made it a hobby to buy, fix and sell them. So there's been a few where I owned them for about 1-3 months while I was fixing them and selling them, some I kept for a little more. Most practical and funnest bikes I've ever owned have been the small displacement bikes, until now. FZ-07 fits the bill in majority of my categories. Only reason to get a small displacement bike now would just be because they're cheap.

Favorite small displacement = Ninja 300
Favorite 600cc - Tie between 2008 CBR600RR and Yamaha R6 (all years)
Coolest bike I've owned = Tie between 2009 R6 and 2009 R1
Best all rounder bike to date (practicality, economic, power, handling, looks) = 2015 FZ-07
Bike I wish I could own = 2017 Ducati Supersport

1991 Ninja 500
1992 Ninja 500
2008 Ninja 250R
1996 Ninja ZX-6R
2002 Suzuki Katana 600
2010 Ninja 250R
2005 Yamaha R6
2002 GSXR600
2003 CBR600 F4i
2004 CBR600RR (Black on silver)
2008 CBR600RR (Silver on Silver)
2009 CBR600RR
2003 Yamaha R6 (Special Edition)
2011 Ninja 250
2003 CBR600RR (Custom Candy red color, previously owned by someone with a Lowrider)
2007 Ninja ZX6R
2013 Ninja 300 (Very impressed with this liitle bike when it came out)
2008 CBR600RR (Graffiti Edition)
2005 VFR800 (25th Ann. Edition)
2014 Ninja 300
2013 CBR500R (Black)
2009 Yamaha R6 (Anime colors, Pearl/Silver/Red)
2013 Ninja 300
2015 Yamaha R3 (Not bad, looks good, owned this with the 300 for a while)
2013 CBR500R (HRC Colors)
2009 Ninja ZX6R (Monster Edition)
2015 CBR500R
2009 Yamaha R1 (beast!!!)
2015 Yamaha FZ07 (looks like this one is a keeper)

• Global Moderator

Okay, I cannot decide whether I should do this in the order I owned them or alphabetical order, but here goes

KZ650 (not sure of the year but it was old in the late 80's when I owned it)
2015 FZ-07

I guess the alphabetical list is the same as the order owned list. Maybe I should buy some more bikes.

• Premium Member
Okay, I cannot decide whether I should do this in the order I owned them or alphabetical order, but here goes  
KZ650 (not sure of the year but it was old in the late 80's when I owned it)
2015 FZ-07

I guess the alphabetical list is the same as the order owned list. Maybe I should buy some more bikes.
Reading your list I'm reminded of the Bruce Lee quote "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." It can easily be put into a motorcycle context. :)

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

1982 yamaha virago- first bike
1976 honda goldwing- because its just cool
1983 kz750ltd- first sportbike
2016 FZ-07- current bike  :D

It's the first time I've seen the LTD cruiser described as a sportbike!
Wel the only reason I say that is the engine was an i4 and had more of a cafe racer stance to it. As compared to the raked out v-twin virago I had before it, it was quite sporty to me at the time ? But still nothing like the 07 I've got now!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
But how did you survive mentally intact those 26 years, one have to ask? ;)
After getting married, I found myself not riding the bike as much, so that is why I sold my last bike. These bikes were used primarily for commuting up until the last 2 years of ownership. The last 2 years of ownership the bike was only ridden on weekends. I found myself sailing more on weekends, since my wife was not into riding. Sometimes I would miss it, but never enough to go out and buy a bike. A few years ago the urge to ride again was so strong, I started looking at bikes to purchase. Well, you know how that ended.

First bike was a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500
Second bike was a 2000 Honda CBR929RR
Third bike unofficially was a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja 500, but I bought it to flip it (made almost $1,000 in a week of owning it). I think I rode it less than 1 mile lol.
Then in December, I got the FZ07.

Overall, the 07 is definitely my favourite bike, but I do miss the top end rush of the inline 4 in the 929. I might buy a CBR600RR to go along with my 07. :)

1989 Honda NX125. Bought new. Rode it 5 months. Needed money. Sold it. Started a family soon after and didn't ride again until,
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250. Bought new. Rode it everywhere for 5 years. In an accident.
2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250. Bought used in 2014. Rode it everywhere for 1 year. Gave it to my daughter.
2015 Yamaha FZ07. Bought new. Rode it everywhere for a year and a half. In an accident. :(
2015 Yamaha FZ07. Bought used. Sadly sitting in my driveway. :(

[div]First accident left me with a broken rib. Second accident has left me disabled since August. 6 inches of femur yanked out of my leg and what remained splintered down to my knee. My right leg is weak and my knee doesn't bend much. I'm working with PT and am determined to ride again. It's why I bought another FZ.

My daughter got her license while I was in the hospital. I was immensely proud but scared for her. There's not much you can do when a cager is at a dead stop and then drives into your leg as you go by. She doesn't ride much. She likes it but it's not her passion.

[/div]

As far as Owned. There was a 2011 Honda shadow rs, vt750rs that I put almost 19,000 miles on. And currently a 2015 fz07 I bought off the dealer floor at 0 miles just over a year ago that now has over 18,000 miles.

Otherwise it was a bunch of dirt bikes, hondas and yamahas of all different sizes that were in the family, and one katana 600 dont remember what year but they hardly changed the whole time they were in production.

@ralph seems you left us and came back, welcome back!

@jetgirl wow I remember you talking about your accident but didnt realize how bad it was. That sucks, though I am glad you are on the mend. One day at a time girl, you got this!

[div]First accident left me with a broken rib. Second accident has left me disabled since August. 6 inches of femur yanked out of my leg and what remained splintered down to my knee. My right leg is weak and my knee doesn't bend much. I'm working with PT and am determined to ride again. It's why I bought another FZ. 
My daughter got her license while I was in the hospital. I was immensely proud but scared for her. There's not much you can do when a cager is at a dead stop and then drives into your leg as you go by. She doesn't ride much. She likes it but it's not her passion.

[/div]
Sorry to hear about your injuries - being hurt like that really sucks. Hope you mend quickly and can get back on your motorcycle before the end of the season!

Our oldest son seems to be somewhat in the same boat as your daughter. I gave him my 1977 Z650 last year, hoping he would ride more. But with two small kids, a demanding wife, an old house and a deep interest for old American muscle cars - he has a 1970 Torino that always seems to need work - the bike isn't used very much. Our youngest kid, however, rides about 5000 miles per year of pleasure riding, same as I. 

ducttapewd40

2004 Yamaha YZF-600R

2007 Yamaha R6

2015 Yamaha FZ-07

2002 Yamaha YZ426F

I'm seeing a pattern here......

Archived