The MT-07 Forum

Can’t connect throttle cable housing

litchrider

Help!

I disassembled the throttle cable cable housing to lube the cables at 10k mi. When I reassemble the housing it feels like I’m forcing it and the throttle sticks. 

Does anyone one have a how-to? I feel like an idiot but I’ve spent hours on this. 

• Premium Member

check out the R6 throttle tube mod threads...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

My guess is that the cable is slipping off the top and or  bottom  of the cam and jamming in between the throttle tube and the throttle housing. I just recently ran into the same issue replacing the throttle tube. as you get all the parts lined up and start to get them all seated into their niches... work the throttle as you squeeze the parts together until everything is fit together and you can then start the screws into the housing. It may take some patience.

Good luck.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Thanks for your help. I found that disconnecting the cables at the throttle body first gave me all the slack I needed to get everything lined up. Much easier to make adjustments at the throttle body after the fact. 

Archived