The MT-07 Forum

FZ 07 Microsquirt ECU replacement

motonico

Hello to everybody! Writing from Italy. 

I am thinking of taking out the original ecu and completely replacing it with a Microsquirt module, this allows to control EVERY single thing of the bike, starting from fuel and ignition tables and so on...

I wanted to use the existing wiring and create an adapter...do any of you know what type of connector our bike uses? 

Second thing, I will need an igniter module that amplifies the signal that goes to the spark plugs, do you know which can fit on the 07??

Thanks to everybody, ride safe! :):)

• Premium Member

are you set on the Microdquirt?

other options are available such as FTech Active Tune, Woolich Racing, PCV, Biazza(?) ... 

the FZ/MT-07 uses "coil caps" for ignition...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Yes, I saw the FT and it runs with the PC correction maps, so it is not far from a module that corrects the maps...

The thing that i'd like is the versatility of the MS, so yes I am set on her :)

I found out that the igniter is nothing else than a SolidStateRelay that opens and closes mass on the coils, i think anythin from a scrapyard could do the job

• Global Moderator

I think the immobilizer that the non-North American bikes have work through the ECU, so make sure whatever you do is compatible with that.  You do not want to end up with a bike you cannot start. 

I watch with interest . I have a non injected project bike( GS500)  that I am interested in chucking the carbs from and replacing with injection.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived