The MT-07 Forum

Am I running too lean?

litchrider

Hey guys,  just changed my spark plugs at 10k mi. I feel like it looks like I’ve been running a little lean compared to what others plugs look like. 

I have a Yoshimura R77 full exhaust and a PCFC loaded with the corresponding map. I recently installed a K&N filter and removed the snorkel (well a mouse ate most of the snorkel over the winter, I just finished the job). I updated my PCFC with the corresponding map but I’m worried I might still be too lean. 

Thoughts?

295262E6-AB1F-4930-B37F-E9005BC07781.jpeg

• Premium Member

nope...its a nice color... I actually look further down inside more about where the 1st thread is to get a more accurate reading... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

TAN is good, plug reading is a lost art.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Thank you. The threads have a nice color but I was worried that the electrode and the tip are slightly on the chalky side.  (Possibly some visual distortion fed by paranoia every time the bike pops while downshifting) Just want to make sure PCFC maps are reliable and not going to cause long term damage. 

I appreciate all the help. 

• Premium Member

The maps created by PowerCommander are created to be fairly safe with a side of safe...  

PCFC is old school next to the PCV

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Actually I would have said a little rich for a 4 stroke and modern fuels, but the yellow light doesn't help. Sunlight is best. And yeah a little deeper read would be better.

Would be close to perfect if it was a twostroke.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived