The MT-07 Forum

2018 MT-07 Fender Eliminator fitment

YammieRidah

YammieRidah

Hello, new guy here. 

As I'm sure you know, the 2018 MT07 has new bodywork including a complete reworking of the tail section and rear light assembly.  This brought into question whether existing fender eliminator kits from prior models would work, since many shops have yet to get a hold of a donor bike to develop a new one.  So after having a look at the rear end I decided to give it a shot.   I ordered up the Elite-1 kit from TST for 2015-2017 models found here:

https://tstindustries.com/TST-Elite-1-Fender-Eliminator-Yamaha-FZ-07-2015.html

After a bit of tooling around, I'm happy to report that kit will fit without modification.  The disassembly procedure is different from the TST Youtube tutorial since its put together a bit different, but not by much.  Any shadetree mechanic should be able to tackle it until a new video guide is made. The tail light is different but the general assembly of the undertail mount points are unchanged. So the closeout still works.  Given that, its likely that other brands of eliminator kit will work as well.

You will also need the LED signal kit because the stock lights will not fit the kit, and there is currently no integrated tail light available yet. Find it here:

https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Rear-Pod-Turn-Signal-Bundle-Yamaha.html

Hope this helps anybody who picked up the new model and wants to get rid of that horribly ugly fender.  Pic attached.

MT07-tail.jpg

Looks great.   I like those signals too.

I'm actually contemplating getting this universal license plate hide gadget but its also a fender eliminator made by 007plate.  Here is what it would look like on our bike.  They have a little digital thing so you can see how it looks before you buy it

2018-yamaha-mt-07.-fender-eliminator-and-license-plate-hide-gadget.gif

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, myfz said:

Looks great.   I like those signals too.

I'm actually contemplating getting this universal license plate hide gadget but its also a fender eliminator made by 007plate.  Here is what it would look like on our bike.  They have a little digital thing so you can see how it looks before you buy it

Planning on running from the police a lot are you?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 5/6/2018 at 7:10 AM, aiian said:

Is it safe to say the Mototdynamic kit would work?

What about the turn signals, nothing changed from the <17 FZs right?

Motodynamic one fits perfect, and stock signals can be kept. 

psETR0lh.jpg

22 minutes ago, 208MT07 said:

Motodynamic one fits perfect, and stock signals can be kept. 

psETR0lh.jpg

Good because mine will be here tomorrow ☺️

Archived